Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My reasoning for my position change on Lemon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If we arent in the NCAA Tourney next year- nobody will be supporting Lemon returning.
    Anyone supporting it now has no right to ever give a FB coach one cross word

vCash
    In my opinion our new AD just failed his first major test. I think he's in over his head. As the AD you must be ready to make a program altering decision whether you've been here 3 months or three years.

He might make an incredible hire to replace Lemonis next year but I ain't holding my breath.

No bring on football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    In my opinion our new AD just failed his first major test. I think he's in over his head. As the AD you must be ready to make a program altering decision whether you've been here 3 months or three years.

He might make an incredible hire to replace Lemonis next year but I ain't holding my breath.

No bring on football.
    His Being timid does concern me. Not just with this decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    So just being in a regional is ok now? Man, how the mighty have fallen
    My expectation of making a Super hasnt changed. But you guys are kidding yourselves if you think we are going to fire a coach that made a Regional.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Anyone supporting it now has no right to ever give a FB coach one cross word
    When we win a Natty in football let me know

vCash
    If we arent in the NCAA Tourney next year- nobody will be supporting Lemon returning.
    Why not? All the arguments you make to bring him back this year will still apply.

vCash
    3 strikes and yer out

vCash
    When we win a Natty in football let me know
    Thats the stupidest and lowest hanging fruit you could grab

vCash
    The natty is a huge reason as to why he should be gone. We dont have such an uphill battle in this sport like we do in FB. Our FB has been natty worthy compared to this bunch for 2 years in a row. Our FB program has been thru more than just about any program ever has in 3 years and they still won and never laid down. All the while playing teams with a much bigger budget. Basically the opposite of what Lemonis and staff have done.

vCash
    The natty is a huge reason as to why he should be gone. We dont have such an uphill battle in this sport like we do in FB. Our FB has been natty worthy compared to this bunch for 2 years in a row. Our FB program has been thru more than just about any program ever has in 3 years and they still won and never laid down. All the while playing teams with a much bigger budget. Basically the opposite of what Lemonis and staff have done.
    It complicates things a lot. It has to be taken into account. Especially with it being two years ago. If it's like five years ago then that's completely different.

vCash
    Baseball recruiting is also very different from other sports as guys normally commit to a program 3 years out. The portal helps but it takes a little longer to transform a roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    So just being in a regional is ok now? Man, how the mighty have fallen
    It's not really ok but I will actually be somewhat impressed if Lemonis gets us into a regional next year. That would be a pretty significant jump from the past 2 years and will likely mean we have won at least 14 conference games. I personally don't think he can do even that but we'll see.

vCash
    Baseball recruiting is also very different from other sports as guys normally commit to a program 3 years out. The portal helps but it takes a little longer to transform a roster
    Ok. Which is the better roster? The one Lemonis inherited, or the one this season? So it would seem the "transforming of the roster" has been on a downhill trend does it not?

Why should we give a guy more time to fix what he's broken? Why would I trust him to fix it?

"The coaching turnover!!" You'll say. Ok. Cohen could obviously recruit good players. Cann was here 1 season but he was a great recruiter and talent evaluator too, and if memeory serves he kept Cohens guys from flipping in the transition. So that leaves Henderson as a lost recruiting year. I'll give you that. But after that? It's Lemonis. Hes in year 5. So he inherited a stud roster and as his guys have come in we've seen the team get worse and worse with very little player development. Alford and Hines knew they'd play 3B and 1B but did either improve their glove to an SEC standard? No. That's just 2 examples but there's many. And again, hes only had to work around 1 bad class in the Portal era.

Really though he inherited a good roster and it's year 5 and the Portal makes it easier than ever to fix roster holes. Yet here we are. Why would I believe year 6 will be the difference?

vCash
    We fired Moorhead after 2 years. Why shouldn't he have gotten more time to "transform the roster"?

vCash
    3 strikes and yer out
    So you think Moorhead should have gotten a year 3?

He finished higher in the SEC both seasons than Lemonis has these past 2. He inherited a good roster but not a top 5 team like Lemonis. Is much harder to recruit good Football class to State than it is baseball. His assistant budget was lower (relatively speaking) than Lemonis has had to work with. Is anything Moorhead is the one who should have been shown grace and gotten a 3rd season.

Seriously though, explain it to me. Why was Moorheads 2 season performance unacceptable, but these past 2 baseball seasons are acceptable?

vCash
    Ok?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    We fired Moorhead after 2 years. Why shouldn't he have gotten more time to "transform the roster"?
    Joevster was fired for off the field issues like Stands was. He was in no way, shape, or form, fired for his record

vCash
    Lemonis inherited a great roster and won a national championship. Moorehead inherited a great roster and went 8-5.

vCash
    Ok?
    Well that explains the holes in the roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Lemonis inherited a great roster and won a national championship. Moorehead inherited a great roster and went 8-5.
    exactly