Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Tolu Coming Back!

  1. #1
    Senior Member No BS Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    427
    vCash
    3287

    Tolu Coming Back!

    NM

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,264
    vCash
    3100
    Thanks Charlie!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,510
    vCash
    32000
    Finally. Some good sports news. Thanks Tolu!

  4. #4
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    72,722
    vCash
    10439
    We have a legit team going into next season

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4,008
    vCash
    3100
    Wow that is huge. Would love to hear some details on what the NIL was and what the other schools were offering just so I can get a feel for the lay of the land. But either way damn good job stepping up and doing what it takes.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Fairhope, AL
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Wow that is huge. Would love to hear some details on what the NIL was and what the other schools were offering just so I can get a feel for the lay of the land. But either way damn good job stepping up and doing what it takes.
    A minimum $25,000 donation gets you the inside info.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,731
    vCash
    3000
    Nice! We needed him for next year. I've heard McNair may leave for more playing time if Tolu came back. We just picked up the big from West Virginia and also have a 7 ft Center Gai Chol coming in so we are pretty big in the post right now

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4,008
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    A minimum $25,000 donation gets you the inside info.
    I could swing it, but the resulting divorce would break the budget. I'll pass this time lol

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Fairhope, AL
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I could swing it, but the resulting divorce would break the budget. I'll pass this time lol
    Word. Can you imagine. "Honey, if we donate $25,000, we can keep a key player for our beloved Maroon and White. Now he may have to learn to shoot 3s but it would give us a chance to make the NCAAT again. You don't mind stepping down this year to a Toyota instead of another Acura, you know, for the team?!!?"

  10. #10
    Senior Member gtowndawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Memphis area
    Posts
    2,237
    vCash
    3100
    Great news!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9,977
    vCash
    3200
    A real dawg! Thanks Tolu!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    40,983
    vCash
    3700
    What does our team look like next year?

    G- Hubbard
    G- Dude from Marshall
    F- Jeffries
    F- Cam Matthews
    C- Tolu

    Don't we return our PG too?

  13. #13
    Senior Member msu15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    1,888
    vCash
    1053100
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    What does our team look like next year?

    G- Hubbard
    G- Dude from Marshall
    F- Jeffries
    F- Cam Matthews
    C- Tolu

    Don't we return our PG too?
    Yea Davis or Moore starts over Hubbard at point guard for sure.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

  14. #14
    Senior Member KOdawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    11,118
    vCash
    966500
    PG- Taylor/Rams/Hubbard

    SG- Fort/Shak

    SF- DJ/Jones

    PF- Matthews/Scott/Murphy

    C- Tolu/Bell

    Yeah, that's a top 6 SEC squad

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,731
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    PG- Taylor/Rams/Hubbard

    SG- Fort/Shak

    SF- DJ/Jones

    PF- Matthews/Scott/Murphy

    C- Tolu/Bell

    Yeah, that's a top 6 SEC squad
    We may see JaQuan Scott at the 3 some. He's 6'8" but he moves well for his size, I'd like to see him push DJ for minutes hopefully it will light a fire under DJ. Scott has moved up to the #1 JUCO player in the nation, Trey Fort is #5:

    https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2023-juco-top-100

  16. #16
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    72,722
    vCash
    10439
    Unless dj or cam step up offensive game this offseason, I'd like to see less of them together unless we going D

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,731
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Unless dj or cam step up offensive game this offseason, I'd like to see less of them together unless we going D
    Agreed. Cam has never really been an offensive threat but the energy he brings and the little things he does makes it hard to pull him out of games, he's a big strong tough kid who can change a game. DJ on the other hand frustrates me because the offensive talent is there, he just hasn't been able to put it together for whatever reason.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,720
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    PG- Taylor/Rams/Hubbard

    SG- Fort/Shak

    SF- DJ/Jones

    PF- Matthews/Scott/Murphy

    C- Tolu/Bell

    Yeah, that's a top 6 SEC squad
    I see another NCAAT with that bunch. Going to be lot of losses next year but we are built to make a good run with talent and experience returning.

  19. #19
    Senior Member LC Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5,746
    vCash
    4938
    It's been rumored that McNair was waiting on Tolu's decision so I would expect McNair to leave. I also wonder if there may be someone out there that may want to transfer in now that Tolu has announced he's staying. Maybe another shooter that knows they should get open looks with Tolu getting a lot of attention.
    Either way it looks like basketball season will be fun.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,731
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    It's been rumored that McNair was waiting on Tolu's decision so I would expect McNair to leave. I also wonder if there may be someone out there that may want to transfer in now that Tolu has announced he's staying. Maybe another shooter that knows they should get open looks with Tolu getting a lot of attention.
    Either way it looks like basketball season will be fun.
    McNair announced today that he is transferring

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.