Thread: To me, this tweet says a lot

vCash

To me, this tweet says a lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Because Foxhall is a miss barrels with breaking balls guy, not a throw fastballs, get ahead in the count, and play defense guy. New strike zone is not friendly to a guy who wants to throw sliders out of the zone and get a chase. With the tighter zone hitters will just watch it go by and take their base.
    Hince the 320+ walks.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Totally agree with him. Too many throwers and not enough pitchers
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yep. This tweet is from late April, fwiw.

vCash
    He's 100% right! I hate the "go for strikeouts every ab" philosophy. Jay said it perfectly it leads to high pitch count, short outings. When you can get ahead in counts the hitters at your mercy. You don't nibble for 3 or 4 pitches to try getting the k, you attack the hitter with aggressiveness. I don't mind an 0-2 pitch to try and get a hitter to chase but it has to be competitive! When you're ahead attack! Jays a sharp cat and dead on accurate with this!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Totally agree with him. Too many throwers and not enough pitchers
    A kid should never throw any off speed pitch until they learn how to master working the fastball in/out, up/down. It's the way I always brought pitchers along and it works! Most coaches now don't want to do this because it takes time and effort to teach kids how to locate. If you can locate your fastball you can win!

vCash
    The other night Nixon didn't throw a 1st pitch strike unit the 10th batter he faced. He went 1-0 to the first 9 batters. Talk about making life hard on yourself.....
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Yep. This tweet is from late April, fwiw.
    Yep and makes even more sense then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He's 100% right! I hate the "go for strikeouts every ab" philosophy. Jay said it perfectly it leads to high pitch count, short outings. When you can get ahead in counts the hitters at your mercy. You don't nibble for 3 or 4 pitches to try getting the k, you attack the hitter with aggressiveness. I don't mind an 0-2 pitch to try and get a hitter to chase but it has to be competitive! When you're ahead attack! Jays a sharp cat and dead on accurate with this!
    Spot. On.

vCash
    Sounds like some good doctoral thesis's waiting to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    A kid should never throw any off speed pitch until they learn how to master working the fastball in/out, up/down. It's the way I always brought pitchers along and it works! Most coaches now don't want to do this because it takes time and effort to teach kids how to locate. If you can locate your fastball you can win!
    Right-because if you locate your fastball you are not walking 15 and hitting a batter.. can't win doing that