Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We Are In A Bad Situation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If it were up to our fans they would be royally ****ing up our baseball program right now
    We have finished 14th and 13th the last 2 seasons. The "program" is already F'ed up.

The question is, who is most likely to fix it? A) The head coach who ruined it + a new pitching coach, or B) a new HC + a new pitching coach?

At the end of the day this is a business and that business is winning games. If Lemonis doesn't do it enough he will be gone.
    He's already missed Hoover twice. That's enough loosing for me. 2 awful seasons gets most coach fired in most sports at most schools. Why should we have lower standards?

vCash
    We have too many fans that throw childish temper tantrums because we lose a game

At the end of the day this is a business and that business is winning games..
    Last 2 years...
    53-56 overall
    18-42 (.300) in sec

So, maybe it's more than losing "a game"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Last 2 years...
    53-56 overall
    18-42 (.300) in sec

I've lost a lot of respect for Todd. It's not that I disagree with his opinion, it's that he's blatantly lying about what's wrong with our team to pretend like Fox was the only issue. I point out we had other problems, and he lies more acting like Forsythe was the only defensive issue or that there's no way Lemonis could have known Hancock doesn't have the arm for catcher. It's ridiculous.

There's lots of reasons to keep Lemonis. We don't have the buyout. Selmon won't make a hire this early in his tenure. We've reached out to coaches and wouldn't be able to get anyone decent this cycle. We truly think Fox was 80% of our issues and Lemonis may fix the other 20% this off-season.

But lying about what our team's problems are? Calling us short sighted when hes wanting to keep a loosing coach to avoid a transfer or 2 from leaving this off-season? Usi g circus logic to aboud amiti g a point he made was wrong? I can't respect that

At this point there's nothing left to say. He's decided Lemonis can turn it around and thats it. I'm done talking to him about it till next season

vCash
    The first loss next year there will be tons wanting him gone and the rest will have already stopped caring. It is over. If Selmon doesnt pull this trigger idk if he is the man for this gig

vCash
    I don't think the transfers will get out of hand. Starkville is a really good place to play college baseball regardless of coach. I don't think it's the coaching staff bringing them in. I think it the 16K fans in the Dude that impresses them. Fire his ass today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The first loss next year there will be tons wanting him gone and the rest will have already stopped caring. It is over. If Selmon doesnt pull this trigger idk if he is the man for this gig
    Well he's not pulling the trigger. We would already know if he were going to

vCash
    I'm still in Zac's corner. But have to admit, his shying away from a difficult decision is more than a little disappointing. I want to believe he's the man we hired but he's not off to a great start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think it the 16K fans in the Dude that impresses them. Fire his ass today.
    That?s an added bonus - don?t kid yourself, the elite players only care that you can help get them to the next level and elite players loathe mediocrity and laziness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Well he's not pulling the trigger. We would already know if he were going to
    Appears so. Not good in my opinion. I hope he is great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I've lost a lot of respect for Todd. It's not that I disagree with his opinion, it's that he's blatantly lying about what's wrong with our team to pretend like Fox was the only issue. I point out we had other problems, and he lies more acting like Forsythe was the only defensive issue or that there's no way Lemonis could have known Hancock doesn't have the arm for catcher. It's ridiculous.

There's lots of reasons to keep Lemonis. We don't have the buyout. Selmon won't make a hire this early in his tenure. We've reached out to coaches and wouldn't be able to get anyone decent this cycle. We truly think Fox was 80% of our issues and Lemonis may fix the other 20% this off-season.

But lying about what our team's problems are? Calling us short sighted when hes wanting to keep a loosing coach to avoid a transfer or 2 from leaving this off-season? Usi g circus logic to aboud amiti g a point he made was wrong? I can't respect that

At this point there's nothing left to say. He's decided Lemonis can turn it around and thats it. I'm done talking to him about it till next season
    "Blantantly lying"? Really? How many times have I mentioned defense being an issue this year? I mentioned that Alford was an issue along with Forsythe. That's 28 of our 65 errors between the two. One is off the team already and the other is pending. That's truth- and sounds like the issue is being taken care of already to me. Hancock's arm- how come no one talked about him in 2022 when he caught several games for Logan Tanner? Guess you missed Homedawg and CommerceComet saying that the issue was holding onto runners as well. At any rate Lemonis moved Hancock to first base and Hines to DH but I guess he doesn't get credit for that?

I don't think Lemonis should be back to avoid guys off of our team transferring. But if that DID happen you would be bitching about that happening too. At any rate the biggest reason I think he should stay is because if he doesn't work out next year at least we can hire the best coach possible to turn this around instead of some random mid major guy that just wants to get his foot in the door and make bank only to have to do a major search again in three years. Which is likely what would have happened unless we got really lucky.

Your whole post is hilarious. You have NO clue. Zero. None. Exactly the type of short sighted clueless football mentality thinking I was talking about to a tee. And instead of accepting the situation at hand- you call ME a liar? Really? You're a clown. Go get bent. Or thank me later in two years. I don't care- I'll be enjoying MSU baseball regardless.

vCash
    Last 2 years...
    53-56 overall
    18-42 (.300) in sec

Yeah. Maybe it's that ERA of 7.00+

vCash
    Last 2 years...
    53-56 overall
    18-42 (.300) in sec

Yep, that's a LOT of tantrums over the past 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    I'm still in Zac's corner. But have to admit, his shying away from a difficult decision is more than a little disappointing. I want to believe he's the man we hired but he's not off to a great start.
    We hired him for fundraising. For hiring coaches he's very much a Jr AD.

vCash
    Yeah. Maybe it's that ERA of 7.00+
    The buck stops with... foxhall

vCash
    Not sure how else you want me to take this quote- "Players aren?t the best at assessing a coach?s ability. They?re too close and too personally involved in the situation."

At any rate- you're still wrong. Players have the best insight IMO because they are around it the most and they have by far the most to gain or lose by the coach being good or bad. They also know and understand both the game and industry- something many of our fans clearly don't. If it were up to our fans they would be royally ****ing up our baseball program right now and most of them are too ignorant to understand it. Many of them are very close to our program- a lot closer than most of us ever are- and they have more insight into the inner workings of everything more than the casual fan. We have too many fans that throw childish temper tantrums because we lose a game and over half the time they're blaming the wrong thing.

Let me say this- when I'm around MLB players I listen when it comes to baseball.

At the end of the day this is a business and that business is winning games. If Lemonis doesn't do it enough he will be gone. Everyone in baseball from MLB down understands and gets that including Lemonis. It's really not that personal.
    I suggested players are often too personally involved to be able to take a step back and judge objectively. That doesn?t mean those feelings are positive or specifically loyalty.

Also, there is a list a mile long of former players in all sports who royally sucked as coaches, front office people, personnel roles, etc.

You judge a coach on if he wins or not. Period.

vCash
    "Blantantly lying"? Really? How many times have I mentioned defense being an issue this year? I mentioned that Alford was an issue along with Forsythe. That's 28 of our 65 errors between the two. One is off the team already and the other is pending. That's truth- and sounds like the issue is being taken care of already to me. Hancock's arm- how come no one talked about him in 2022 when he caught several games for Logan Tanner? Guess you missed Homedawg and CommerceComet saying that the issue was holding onto runners as well. At any rate Lemonis moved Hancock to first base and Hines to DH but I guess he doesn't get credit for that?

I don't think Lemonis should be back to avoid guys off of our team transferring. But if that DID happen you would be bitching about that happening too. At any rate the biggest reason I think he should stay is because if he doesn't work out next year at least we can hire the best coach possible to turn this around instead of some random mid major guy that just wants to get his foot in the door and make bank only to have to do a major search again in three years. Which is likely what would have happened unless we got really lucky.

Your whole post is hilarious. You have NO clue. Zero. None. Exactly the type of short sighted clueless football mentality thinking I was talking about to a tee. And instead of accepting the situation at hand- you call ME a liar? Really? You're a clown. Go get bent. Or thank me later in two years. I don't care- I'll be enjoying MSU baseball regardless.
    Removing players who've made errors doesn't make the team good defensively. By your logic if we kicked off every player that made an error we'll make 0 errors next year! The reality is that Forsythe is likely replaced by Mershon who's not much better with the glove. Alford played for a reason too- we don't have a 3B.

But let's say we do replace those 2 with defensive studs. Say a 3B that only makes 4 errors all season And a Ss who makes 6. That reduces our errors by 18! But we'd STILL be 10th in the league defensively. That's right, we can replace the 2 players you are putting all the blame on with + defenders and still be a bad defensive team.

Also, may I remind you that it's the HEAD COACHES JOB TO GET GOOD PLAYERS. Just saying "Well Alford sucks at 3rd" doesn't excuse Lemonis because Lemonis is the one who controls the roster.

And Hancock. If his only proglblem was "pitchers not holding the runners" why did the problem of runners stealing go away with Highfill? You'll probably say "because the pitchers got better" but in that case why keep passed ball machine Highfill back at catcher? Why not have Hancock be the starter again? Because his arm is the problem.

You keep making no actual points that stand up to criticism.

vCash
    just wait til april of 24 and send him off mid season

vCash

Todd talks out his ass and predicts Omaha just about every year. The only person proclaiming him an expert is himself.

vCash
    Removing players who've made errors doesn't make the team good defensively. By your logic if we kicked off every player that made an error we'll make 0 errors next year! The reality is that Forsythe is likely replaced by Mershon who's not much better with the glove. Alford played for a reason too- we don't have a 3B.

But let's say we do replace those 2 with defensive studs. Say a 3B that only makes 4 errors all season And a Ss who makes 6. That reduces our errors by 18! But we'd STILL be 10th in the league defensively. That's right, we can replace the 2 players you are putting all the blame on with + defenders and still be a bad defensive team.

Also, may I remind you that it's the HEAD COACHES JOB TO GET GOOD PLAYERS. Just saying "Well Alford sucks at 3rd" doesn't excuse Lemonis because Lemonis is the one who controls the roster.

And Hancock. If his only proglblem was "pitchers not holding the runners" why did the problem of runners stealing go away with Highfill? You'll probably say "because the pitchers got better" but in that case why keep passed ball machine Highfill back at catcher? Why not have Hancock be the starter again? Because his arm is the problem.

You keep making no actual points that stand up to criticism.
    Nice strawman to start that off. If you don't think that taking out our two worst defenders out of the lineup and then replacing them with better defenders will improve our defense I don't know what else to tell you. I guess you don't believe in free agency in any sport then by your logic? Mershon was playing out of position. Moving him to second base will also help the defense.

And by the way- the difference between 4th and 10th in the SEC in defense is 0.05 percentage points. Actually we would be tied for 9th in your scenario as the 9th place team had the exact same fielding percentage as the 10th place team liar.

We moved Hancock to first base because Hines was struggling there defensively but we had to keep his bat in. So they moved Hancock back to first base and kept Highfill in at catcher. And yes, holding runners was absolutely an issue. In the second game of the year VMI had a ridiculous 11 SB attempts in one game and 15 for the entire weekend. That's almost half of the entire attempts on Hancock who caught at least once a weekend the rest of the season. How come no one else stole on us like that the rest of the year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Todd talks out his ass and predicts Omaha just about every year. The only person proclaiming him an expert is himself.
    Speaking of talking out of your ass...

By the way I at least bring something to the board unlike you. I'm sure you're used to being worthless and pathetic though.