Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: We Are In A Bad Situation

vCash
    todd, i get the fact that you have faith in what you think and say but who in the hell is going to locate, evaluate and then get us the better defenders and the several SEC arms that this team needs. Lemo cannot perform these tasks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Nice strawman to start that off. If you don't think that taking out our two worst defenders out of the lineup and then replacing them with better defenders will improve our defense I don't know what else to tell you. I guess you don't believe in free agency in any sport then by your logic? Mershon was playing out of position. Moving him to second base will also help the defense.

And by the way- the difference between 4th and 10th in the SEC in defense is 0.05 percentage points. Actually we would be tied for 9th in your scenario as the 9th place team had the exact same fielding percentage as the 10th place team liar.

We moved Hancock to first base because Hines was struggling there defensively but we had to keep his bat in. So they moved Hancock back to first base and kept Highfill in at catcher. And yes, holding runners was absolutely an issue. In the second game of the year VMI had a ridiculous 11 SB attempts in one game and 15 for the entire weekend. That's almost half of the entire attempts on Hancock who caught at least once a weekend the rest of the season. How come no one else stole on us like that the rest of the year?
    Missouri is 13th in fielding at .970. We're last at .964. Seems close, right? Missouri committed 53 errors, and we committed 63. Since we having fun with percentages, we committed 18.9% more errors than the 13th place team.

vCash
    Nice strawman to start that off. If you don't think that taking out our two worst defenders out of the lineup and then replacing them with better defenders will improve our defense I don't know what else to tell you.
    Lol talk about strawman. Where did I say replacing our worst defenders with better ones wouldn't make us better defensively? On the contrary- literally did the math to show that even with really good defenders replacing the guys you want to pin all blame on we'd STILL be a bad defensive team. YOU are the one making 2 claims: 1) that Forsythe and Alford leaving will fix our defense, and 2) that Lemonis shouldn't be held responsible for this.

Which I'd like to touch more on BTW, I don't see why the head coach shouldn't be held responsible for fielding the worst defense in the conference.

Mershon was also playing out of position. Moving him to 2nd will also help with defense
    This is a complete assumption from you

We moved Hancock to first base because Hines was struggling there defensively
    Lol I love how you want to say Lemonis isn't to blame for the D and that Alford and Forsythe are our problem defensively then admit that a different year 2 player is so bad defensively we had to pull him and screw up catcher in the process. And Hines is a player we will rely on next year too btw. Again, it's not just Forsythe and Alford that are our problems. And shouldn't maybe Lemonis have noticed that Hines isn't good defensively and had him work on it? This all comes back to Lemo is not having the team ready.
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 05-23-2023 at 08:39 AM.

vCash
    Not trying to get in the middle of a good argument, but the plan is for Mershon to be at second next year. He's not a college ss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Missouri is 13th in fielding at .970. We're last at .964. Seems close, right? Missouri committed 53 errors, and we committed 63. Since we having fun with percentages, we committed 18.9% more errors than the 13th place team.
    And this doesn't take into account our home field scorer crediting the pitchers with hits instead of our infield with errors many times this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not trying to get in the middle of a good argument, but the plan is for Mershon to be at second next year. He's not a college ss.
    I disagree with this. He showed that he is certainly capable but even better if we have someone more capable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    todd, i get the fact that you have faith in what you think and say but who in the hell is going to locate, evaluate and then get us the better defenders and the several SEC arms that this team needs. Lemo cannot perform these tasks.
    So signing one of the top rated SS is not a good thing? Lemon is doing this. MLB must not be able to evaluate either as they have him 103rd best prospect in the draft
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I disagree with this. He showed that he is certainly capable but even better if we have someone more capable.
    As I just posted- we have signed one of the top-rated SS in the country. The plan is for him to be the SS and Mershon to play 2nd

vCash
    He can play it in a pinch. But he's a second baseman.

vCash
    Everyone's getting g lost in the weeds over specifics of 2B and SS.

The fact is, Lemonis has been here 5 seasons and has missed Hoover his last 2. Our defense in year 5 was awful.

Why would we believe he'll turn it around in year 6? Why we believe he'll fix the defense he broke?

We canned Moorhead after 2 years where he made the postseason in both. But Lemonis gets a year 6 after missing the postseason in year 4 and 5? What?
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 05-23-2023 at 11:00 AM.

vCash
    Stands and Jovester were fired in money-making sports due to chaos in their programs making the school look bad. Not because of their coaching records. And neither won a Natty

The Natty gets Lemon a 3rd strike. You can bitch all you want. He is not being fired

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Stands and Jovester were fired in money-making sports due to chaos in their programs making the school look bad. Not because of their coaching records. And neither won a Natty

The Natty gets Lemon a 3rd strike. You can bitch all you want. He is not being fired
    I'm aware he's not getting fired. That doesn't mean we should pretend it's the right call, or lie to ourselves that he'll turn it around.

And I'm aware Moorhead got fired because of the embarrassing Gay-Shrader fight. Point is, there wasn't ONE PERSON ON THIS BOARD saying he should get a year 3, even before that incident. We all saw that the team was not playing up to par under him. Nobody was talking about a specific recruit that would come in and change things, or pinning blame on an assistant, or saying 2 years isn't enough time, or saying "no good coach will come here if we fire him after 2 bowl seasons", we saw he sucked and wanted him gone.

And Revenue vs non revenue?? You know as a coach how weak that argument is. "Football is important so we fire bad coaches, but baseball doesn't make money so let's conceded another year and keep the crappy coach till he's cheap to replace". Do we want to win or not? But again, you can make the argument that "we are better off using the 6M on NIL and swallowing a year of suck in baseball". That's a fine view to have. But it's NOT the same as pretending Lemonis is likely to turn things around. We all know he's over his head just like Moorhead.

Natty doesn't matter anymore and you know it. This is about what's best for us going forward, not what a coach has done in the past.

Honestly I don't even think you believe what you're saying. You've blasted Lemonis plenty throughout the season and there's no new info to change things. I think you're trying g to calm us down and keep the tickets selling and donations rolling in by convincing us we can turn it around. That may be what's best for State but it's not the truth of the situation

vCash
    And this doesn't take into account our home field scorer crediting the pitchers with hits instead of our infield with errors many times this season.
    And that inflated an already high ERA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And that inflated an already high ERA
    Hard to quantify the error vs hits home cooking because everybody does it to some degree

vCash
    And yet, our coach is so good at recruiting, using the portal, development, and coaching that he's who we had playing SS. That's kind of the whole point here (which I know you're not arguing against) - Lemonis is horrible at almost every aspect of his job. Firing Fox definitely gives us a boost, but keeping this clown (who we all agree should've fired Fox a year ago) puts a hard cap on that boost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    And yet, our coach is so good at recruiting, using the portal, development, and coaching that he's who we had playing SS. That's kind of the whole point here (which I know you're not arguing against) - Lemonis is horrible at almost every aspect of his job. Firing Fox definitely gives us a boost, but keeping this clown (who we all agree should've fired Fox a year ago) puts a hard cap on that boost.
    Seriously that's the thing. Of we played good defense and had a offense that wasn't average to below average in offense (9th in batting average, 7th is SLG, 7th in OBP, 10th in runs) then sure, replacing Fox may be all we need. He'll, of this was year 3 we could actually blame the Cohen-cann-Henderson chaos. But it's year 5.

We are bad on defense, mediocre on offense, make bad in-game decision, make bad roster decisions, make bad NIL decisions (Stinnett) and its YEAR 5. why would I trust Lemonis to kame a good PC hire and fix all the rest?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Everyone's getting g lost in the weeds over specifics of 2B and SS.

The fact is, Lemonis has been here 5 seasons and has missed Hoover his last 2. Our defense in year 5 was awful.

Why would we believe he'll turn it around in year 6? Why we believe he'll fix the defense he broke?

We canned Moorhead after 2 years where he made the postseason in both. But Lemonis gets a year 6 after missing the postseason in year 4 and 5? What?
    I don't think anyone has missed the craptastic job the past two years but Lemo did win a NC and that buys you a lot of capital but Lemo has used it all now. Next year is do or die. Make a regional or you are done IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Seriously that's the thing. Of we played good defense and had a offense that wasn't average to below average in offense (9th in batting average, 7th is SLG, 7th in OBP, 10th in runs) then sure, replacing Fox may be all we need. He'll, of this was year 3 we could actually blame the Cohen-cann-Henderson chaos. But it's year 5.

We are bad on defense, mediocre on offense, make bad in-game decision, make bad roster decisions, make bad NIL decisions (Stinnett) and its YEAR 5. why would I trust Lemonis to kame a good PC hire and fix all the rest?
    My concern as well. People can point to but look what he did in first 2-3 years but he walked into that situation. Basically he has never been where he is now or what he came into ever in his career so we don't know what will happen. It don't look good from here though. Hoping he turns it around as that is best for our program.

vCash
    Seems like the best move. Let Cupp and maybe a transfer battle it out at SS. But I think if Cupp comes to school, it'll be under the impression that he's the starter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I don't think anyone has missed the craptastic job the past two years but Lemo did win a NC and that buys you a lot of capital but Lemo has used it all now. Next year is do or die. Make a regional or you are done IMO.
    This. He may fail next season. Wouldn’t surprise anybody if he did. But I think he deserves a shot at it