Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Forsythe still averaging about an error a game
    Hope this is the last time we see him

vCash
    Pitching wins championships. Spend the money on pitching

vCash
    Yeah I get that but sure would like to see what Dakota can do with at least one more year with us.

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Yeah I get that but sure would like to see what Dakota can do with at least one more year with us.
    Hopefully he makes it back for another year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Hope you're right and c34 is wrong.
    All I'm saying is nobody I talk to has heard he will be fired.
    Kendall has heard he will return
    Rosebowl thinks he returns

Now- Arnett and crew have started keeping things closer to the vest with football news- maybe our new AD is doing the same? I dont know.

We'll see in the next few days because if he is going to be fired it will asap.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think he's gone just based on the demeanor he's shown the last few days. In his interviews for the last three weeks you can tell it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    I can see him taking that job. Would do very well there. BAMA could host this year.....gonna be close and would be a rare feat indeed for them. McConnell would likely awaken that sleeping giant elephant baseball program.
    He wants a job that cares about baseball. That ain't it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I think he's gone just based on the demeanor he's shown the last few days. In his interviews for the last three weeks you can tell it.
    Huh? LSU last weekend was literally the hardest I've seen him coach in awhile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    People are understating just how bad these last 2 years have been. We should never miss a Regional, but if we did like once a decade and it was because the team really wasn't that bad but just unlucky, so be it.

But doing it twice in a row, and not even making Hoover, and being really bad in so many statistical categories to the degree that we can't blame bad luck, just isn't acceptable for any program that considers itself elite.

Only 4 fanbases in the country care about baseball, and we care the most of the 4. We simply can't allow Lemonis to have another year of this. Like I said, if we had just barely missed back-to-back Regionals due mostly to bad luck, I could see the argument for giving him a 3rd year, but when we're not even close twice in a row, it's time to move on.

We may not get a "splash hire," but the last 2 seasons have been SO BAD that any reasonably competent coach would be an improvement, and there are plenty of those who will gladly take our job.
    2008-2010 were worse than this year.

vCash
    I'm feeling kinda 50/50 now Lemonis will be back. I don't mind him coming back if he can patch up our pitching club. Tall order, and I'm not totally sure it's even possible in this slugger era that we're in. Maybe just a change in philosophy is enough. I dont know. I do feel like our roster is gonna get parted out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    2008-2010 were worse than this year.
    2010 was, not sure that 2008-09 were. Maybe. Probably about the same really.

However, that was before the national title, before almost all of our top 25 largest crowds, before NIL and the portal made it lot easier to turn things around quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Sounds like Dan McDonnell is very unhappy at Louisville but I doubt he would replace Lemonis. Look for him to take the Bama job.
    MacDonnell to Bama? That would be huge for them.

vCash
    2024 Pitching looks like a disaster right now. I only see one healthy SEC level player returning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    2024 Pitching looks like a disaster right now. I only see one healthy SEC level player returning
    Loftin, Loo, Holcombe, Siary, Simmons, Forsythe, Kohn, Auger, Tapper. There's 9
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not a bad start to a staff is it? That's a dang good core to work from.

vCash
    Is Cade for sure gone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Can't wait to see what happens when someone actually coaches them instead of telling them to "just throw".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Is Cade for sure gone?
    He's a consensus top 5 round pick. So I would say yes unless Basedog says otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Based on their performance this year no way is that a good core to work with even if all of them return which is in no way guaranteed. But hopefully a new pitching coach can turn them around because no doubt there is talent and potential in that group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I?d be willing to bet Simmons, Auger, and Kohn are the best of that group by a mile.

We cannot depend on incoming freshmen pitchers this coming year for sure.