Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65

Thread: So long, Farewell

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    12,141
    vCash
    427176943
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Looking at getting run ruled in our final game. Just gonna leave that right there.
    Was thinking the same/ Would be about right to end the season this way.

  2. #22
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19,506
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Was thinking the same/ Would be about right to end the season this way.
    Yep, and we get a whole off season to look forward to more of the same next year. Woo hoo!

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,127
    vCash
    1003100
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Isn?t One of State?s worst SEC record against the Gumps? Of course it is that way in every sport. Why anyone would think there is a rivalry between State and Bama is soiling themselves in public.
    Im pretty sure we lead that series by a lot. Not that it matters

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4,047
    vCash
    3000
    I just figured out who Hines reminds me of.

    Remember Bo in the movie Trouble With The Curve? He was number 1 pick for the Braves and Clint Eastwood?s daughter found the ?Peanut Boy? from the same town and put him on the mound against Bo in practice and Bo couldn?t hit anything he threw. Hines looks just like Bo in the face with a helmet on.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Fairhope, AL
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1000
    Forsythe pinch hits. Stinnett in relief. Lemo coaching like he's done?

  6. #26
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19,506
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Sounds like Dan McDonnell is very unhappy at Louisville but I doubt he would replace Lemonis. Look for him to take the Bama job.
    That would be unreal that he wouldn't leave Lousville for MState baseball but will now leave for Bama.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,481
    vCash
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Forsythe pinch hits. Stinnett in relief. Lemo coaching like he's done?
    And the outcome with both was 100% predictable.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4,047
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Im pretty sure we lead that series by a lot. Not that it matters
    State is 206-216-4 against Alabama all time. We have only played Ole Miss more times. Our worst % record is against Florida 50-69 all time.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4,047
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Forsythe pinch hits. Stinnett in relief. Lemo coaching like he's done?
    No. Give him credit as a ?Players Coach?.He is giving his seniors playing time in the final game.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,127
    vCash
    1003100
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    State is 206-216-4 against Alabama all time. We have only played Ole Miss more times. Our worst % record is against Florida 50-69 all time.
    Oh ok

  11. #31
    Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    170
    vCash
    3100
    Who on this team do we expect to lose for next year? Which crucial pieces are the most at risk not to come back? Ideally we have Hines, Jordan, Mershon back, but in this new NIL nonsense days, who knows.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    943
    vCash
    102741
    Talked to some big boosters today. They all want lemons gone. It's gonna happen

  13. #33
    Senior Member Dawgface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Meridian
    Posts
    4,073
    vCash
    4700
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Talked to some big boosters today. They all want lemons gone. It's gonna happen
    Hope you're right and c34 is wrong.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Fairhope, AL
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    No. Give him credit as a ?Players Coach?.He is giving his seniors playing time in the final game.
    Yeah I get it. Just sad we're not playing for anything so second best is for the feel good.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Fairhope, AL
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    Who on this team do we expect to lose for next year? Which crucial pieces are the most at risk not to come back? Ideally we have Hines, Jordan, Mershon back, but in this new NIL nonsense days, who knows.
    Hard to imagine we can afford both Hines and Dakota. If it's only one, going with Jordan. Losing both would be devastating.

  16. #36
    Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    170
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Hard to imagine we can afford both Hines and Dakota. If it's only one, going with Jordan. Losing both would be devastating.
    My thoughts too...i'm fully preparing myself for both to be gone

    This dumbass "free agency" system that's going on is going to be very frustrating I'm afraid.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4,047
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    My thoughts too...i'm fully preparing myself for both to be gone

    This dumbass "free agency" system that's going on is going to be very frustrating I'm afraid.
    It has some drawbacks. For instance, LSU and UT have the best offenses money can buy and both have paid for starting pitching. But both bullpens are going to keep either team from making it far in Omaha.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,264
    vCash
    3100
    Forsythe still averaging about an error a game

  19. #39
    Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    170
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    It has some drawbacks. For instance, LSU and UT have the best offenses money can buy and both have paid for starting pitching. But both bullpens are going to keep either team from making it far in Omaha.
    Agreed, but that's on them for poor planning.

    Top tier kids aren't going to give a damn about who can develop them, where they have the best shot at winning or any emotional decisions....it's a straight business decision at this point. They're going to go where they can get the larger check.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,481
    vCash
    3200
    At least we're still maintaining our antics at 2B after a double even though we've had our shit pushed in all year.**

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.