Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hell happened to our Women?s Golf Team?

vCash

Women Golf is 5 strokes out of 15th starting the 3rd around.

They are +13 and currently sit at 22. The rebellettes are just in front of them at 20. Both teams could make a run but also need some teams to come back to them. If they can get into Match play, they could really shine.
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 05-21-2023 at 08:24 AM.

vCash
    That's golf

vCash
    We will have graduated to winning multi sport championships in about the 2040s.

vCash
    I'm sure you're a scratch golfer .....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    no. I am terrible at golf. And I am not dogging them. I am disappointed FOR them. They have had a great season. Maybe that course doesn?t translate to their games. They still have 2 rounds left. They can make up a lot of ground. But 17 strokes may be tough if OSU has another good round. Just surprised the way they played last weekend, that they would have a tough first round this weekend.

vCash
    I play a lot of golf. I look badass one day and dog shit the next. Golf is hard. Like really hard. You clearly don?t play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    I play a lot of golf. I look badass one day and dog shit the next. Golf is hard. Like really hard. You clearly don?t play.
    I just said I am terrible at golf.

But our women?s team is good at golf. I was just shocked to see them put up a high score after being in a zone last few weekends. Hopefully they have a good round tomorrow.

vCash
    Literally go back and read my post. They just had a bad day. Golf is schizophrenic. The timing of your swing is off and then it gets mental. It all goes downhill real quick.

vCash
    I remember going to play golf for the first time, thinking how hard could it be?

Answer: HARD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    no. I am terrible at golf. And I am not dogging them. I am disappointed FOR them. They have had a great season. Maybe that course doesn?t translate to their games. They still have 2 rounds left. They can make up a lot of ground. But 17 strokes may be tough if OSU has another good round. Just surprised the way they played last weekend, that they would have a tough first round this weekend.
    I really think they have 3 rounds left in stroke play.

vCash
    After 3 rounds, they cut the field from 30 to 15. We are 8 strokes out of making the cut.

Those 15 teams play one more round, and then the top 8 move on to a single-elimination match play bracket.

So our goal is to get in the top 15 after the end of tomorrow, and top 8 by the end of the day Monday. It's a longshot, but not impossible.

vCash
    Welp. That will do it for the 5th seeded Lady Dogs? 27th and 13 strokes out of 15th with 3 holes to play for the final 2 golfers. Mountain to overcome with 1 round to play.

They had a Great Season though. No need to hang their heads. Like someone else said, Golf is a humbling game.

vCash
    So much for my women's golf NIL money**

vCash
    That had to be the shortest lived "We are a Women's Golf School" banner ever. ***

Hope they can storm back.

vCash
    -1 today after +13 yesterday. Good improvement, but will probably need to be like -8 or so tomorrow to make the cut, and even that would make us a longshot to get into the top 8.

vCash
    Actually as of right this second, we are only 5 strokes away from making the cut and haven't teed off at all yet. Most everyone is over par today though, so we'll have to overcome that to have a chance.

vCash
    We're now only 3 strokes away from making the cut, but I don't think it's likely to happen. Only 1 team in the top 15 is out on the course right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    We're now only 3 strokes away from making the cut, but I don't think it's likely to happen. Only 1 team in the top 15 is out on the course right now.
    Yep 6 holes to start throwing up negative numbers. Highly unlikely, but if Levi and Ramirez can get hit maybe they can drop it to +18 which looks like it will be the cut line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I remember going to play golf for the first time, thinking how hard could it be?

Answer: HARD.
    Lol I remember my first time too. As a baseball player I thought this will be no sweat. I was wrong, incredibly and horribly wrong!

vCash
    Yes it's a difficult game. But there's no sugar coating. A disappointing outing for the #5 seed. Sure they will be the first to say so. Sometimes you just don't have your best game and you can't explain it.