Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kendall Rogers weighs in on Lemon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Todd, the buyout will cost State $0. They have people willing to cover that. They simply don't want to do it. Stop slobbing on the Lemonis knob. The guy sucks!
    This is actually correct. People seem to forget Leo Seal left us somewhere either just north or just south of 9 figures when he died that was specifically earmarked to hire and fire coaches. We have used that fund to fire Croom, Moorhead, and Howland and have used it to hire Moorhead, Leach, Howland, Jans, etc.

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Todd, the buyout will cost State $0. They have people willing to cover that. They simply don't want to do it. Stop slobbing on the Lemonis knob. The guy sucks!
    Is this your best guess or have you actually talked to a booster (or boosters) that confirmed they would in fact pay the 6 million? Or are you willing to pay the 6 mil?

vCash
    I will be totally stunned if he wins 11 SEC games if they allow him to hang around next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Isn't that what we're doing if we keep Lemonis? Fool me twice, one more chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Funny since this is basically the same thing as keeping Lemonis. The pitching has been beyond bad but so has almost every other aspect. Other than "recruiting" which is pretty much always in the top 10-15, what does Lemonis bring to the table next year?

He didn't even maintain Indiana. They regressed his first 3 years and finally won 40 games his 4th year. The two previous years before Lemonis was 49 wins and 44 wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Come on, Todd. You are a knowledgeable baseball guy. Where in any of this did you come up with the fact we would be throwing shit against a wall?
    You're basically advocating doing a search just to do one without any thought of any other ramification to the program or thought of how a search now might turn out. But hey! We showed that mother ****er how we do baseball at MSU because I'm mad right?**

The reason it's throwing shit against the wall is because yeah- that might work out. But it's going to have to be because we found a guy who is an unknown or assistant with no experience and it just happened to work. However, odds of that working are really, really low.

The buyout is only one piece of the puzzle and you know it. Sure we can pay it. And guess where that money isn't going if we spend it? NIL for other sports or for other projects for MSU athletics. If I told you that you could buy something now for 6 million and with the high risk of something not working out or you could wait a year and spend 2 million and likely get something much better which would you do? And one reason we may not want to spend the Seal money right now is because we have a football coach that is still a massive unknown at this point and right now his recruiting isn't looking so hot. Oh yeah- and we have pay the new staff too. For the type of coach we want and expect that's not going to be cheap either.

Not to mention at least 5 SEC games that we blew massive leads because of pitching and it's very logical to let him try with another year with a new pitching coach. We could very realistically lower our team ERA by two runs which still isn't very good and potentially end up with a regional host bid with the team we return and the recruits we have coming in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I will be totally stunned if he wins 11 SEC games if they allow him to hang around next year.
    If 2024 is anything like this or with 11 SEC wins then yes, he will be gone.

vCash
    We'll know within 3-4 days. If you are making a change- it has to be done immediately
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You're basically advocating doing a search just to do one without any thought of any other ramification to the program or thought of how a search now might turn out.
    I don't think any of us are saying anything like that. DO think about the ramification to the program. DO think about how the search will turn out. Make a change after considering those options. Talk to some candidates before making the decision, and then make the change once we have someone.

You spent most of the season advocating for a change just like me, even naming Justin Haire at Campbell as your favorite, and now at the end, you suddenly are back on the Lemonis train? Why? What did Lemonis show at the end of the season that he didn't show all along?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We'll know within 3-4 days. If you are making a change- it has to be done immediately
    If we are making a change it should be announced tomorrow morning. If there is no announcement by 9 AM Monday morning then you can be assured Lemonis is staying. And honestly, unless we have a high major coach that has signed an MOU, just keep Lemonis. We are not going to get a guy that most will be happy with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If we are making a change it should be announced tomorrow morning. If there is no announcement by 9 AM Monday morning then you can be assured Lemonis is staying. And honestly, unless we have a high major coach that has signed an MOU, just keep Lemonis. We are not going to get a guy that most will be happy with.
    The problem with this is than anybody we want to coach here will be playing for atleast two more weeks while players are hitting the portal...that means we are two weeks without a coach....

vCash
    I don't think any of us are saying anything like that. DO think about the ramification to the program. DO think about how the search will turn out. Make a change after considering those options. Talk to some candidates before making the decision, and then make the change once we have someone.

You spent most of the season advocating for a change just like me, even naming Justin Haire at Campbell as your favorite, and now at the end, you suddenly are back on the Lemonis train? Why? What did Lemonis show at the end of the season that he didn't show all along?
    You in no way, shape, or form EVER talk to candidates while you still have a sitting head coach. Good lord, try not to be idiotic. You maybe talk to their representation, although most baseball coaches do not make enough to warrant representation. Again unless you have a Corbin, Vitello, or O’Sullivan type hire waiting then wait til next year. Lee the buyout drop and push your chips to the middle of the table on Vitello

vCash

I've been saying that he was going to likely come back for the vast majority of the year. The only time I ever thought he might be in serious trouble was after Arkansas where we looked awful and I thought that we were going to tank the rest of the year like last year. Then a few days later like right before the LSU series I heard he was coming back.

I only mentioned Justin Haire in the context of "if" we were to make a change which wasn't obvious several weeks ago when the season could have turned one way or the other.

The only reason I think he should come back is because of the context of what would be best for our baseball program in the long run. If he comes back and turns it around great. If he doesn't after another year we've put ourselves in a better position to hire a replacement and minimize long term damage. Selmon isn't going to go behind Lemonis's back making sure that we have a commitment from someone else before we fire him. That's an incredibly bad look and that's going to get out in the baseball community very quickly.

With our talent, our recruiting, and the portal- we can turn this around very quickly with even a decent hire at pitching coach. That's essentially what happened to us between 2015 and 2016.

And yes- we can rebound from three straight poor seasons. MSU had maybe it's best 10-11 year stretch after 2008-2010 which were three straight losing seasons.

vCash
    Exactly.

vCash
    You in no way, shape, or form EVER talk to candidates while you still have a sitting head coach. Good lord, try not to be idiotic. You maybe talk to their representation, although most baseball coaches do not make enough to warrant representation. Again unless you have a Corbin, Vitello, or O’Sullivan type hire waiting then wait til next year. Lee the buyout drop and push your chips to the middle of the table on Vitello
    THANK YOU! SIGNS OF LIFE AMONG MSU BASEBALL FANS!

I'm glad someone else gets it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    THANK YOU! SIGNS OF LIFE AMONG MSU BASEBALL FANS!

I'm glad someone else gets it.
    Oh we are here… it’s just tiresome reading the same stupid shit post after post after post from people who have mood swings worse than my wife during duck season…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Oh we are here… it’s just tiresome reading the same stupid shit post after post after post from people who have mood swings worse than my wife during duck season…
    Bingo

I think Todd gets paid by the word - need a cliffs note poster for Todd

The whole argument for keeping Lemonis

We?re not sure what we can get so we?re better off staying with him another year

Listen to yourself

This sounds like abused spouse syndrome where you?re so beat up mentally and it has you mind17d believing you can?t do better

You know what, you?re right

It?s the Mississippi St mindset

I?d rather kick the tires of a juco coach than watch Bucketman coach another year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Bingo

We?re not sure what we can get so we?re better off staying with him another year

Listen to yourself

This sounds like abused spouse syndrome where you?re so beat up mentally and it has you mind17d believing you can?t do better

I?d rather kick the tires of a juco coach than watch Bucketman coach another year
    Perfect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Bingo

Listen to yourself

Agree. What makes the guys think we will have a better chance to hire a big name next year?

vCash
    I'd take the staffs at PRCC, Jones or ECCC over anything Lemo put out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    It is possible IF the entire pitching staff is given an overhaul.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Agree. What makes the guys think we will have a better chance to hire a big name next year?
    We will have much more money to work with.