Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kendall Rogers weighs in on Lemon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Let me give you two scenarios.

1. We can fire Lemois now and lose between 6-8 million dollars all told between buyouts and paying a new staff and end up with some random mid major coach or an unproven SEC assistant.

2. We can keep Lemonis spend about 4 million dollars on buyouts and do a proper National Search and end up with a more accomplished head coach. Assuming Lemonis doesn't turn it around. Which in my mind a turnaround is very possible. Because I don't think very many MSU fans understand how abysmal Foxhall was. But let's say I'm wrong and we end up with another season like this. We still come out better in the long run because we'll have a much bigger pool to choose from and more resources. Most of our fans just don't get this for some reason.
    Another year of abject mediocrity in baseball is fine by me. I'm a football guy. I really don't like baseball due some childhood issues involving my Dad trying to relive his glory years through me.

vCash
    Let me give you two scenarios.

1. We can fire Lemois now and lose between 6-8 million dollars all told between buyouts and paying a new staff and end up with some random mid major coach or an unproven SEC assistant.

2. We can keep Lemonis spend about 4 million dollars on buyouts and do a proper National Search and end up with a more accomplished head coach. Assuming Lemonis doesn't turn it around. Which in my mind a turnaround is very possible. Because I don't think very many MSU fans understand how abysmal Foxhall was. But let's say I'm wrong and we end up with another season like this. We still come out better in the long run because we'll have a much bigger pool to choose from and more resources. Most of our fans just don't get this for some reason.
    Totally disagree with you Todd. Lemonis isn't the answer, did you not pay attention to his on the field decisions, it's not just the last game it's been all year. We have major gaps in our lineup, we don't have much on the bench that can step up and help what I'm seeing in certain positions.
    Tell me when we have ever had a so-called Elite Coach in baseball at Msu come from another school, and I wouldn't call RP when we hired him in the 70's but he was an up-and-coming young coach from a mid major.

But we shall see and I'm gonna pull for us regardless what happens. We can get the money and find a new Coach, it ain't like we need food stamps and stimulus money.

JMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    The only thing i see is a repeat of Moorhead. Most of us with common sense could see he was a crap coach after Kentucky game....but noooo a lot of knuckleheads wanted to keep him. It wasn't until he told us to pound sand and kick rocks that he was told to exit stage left. It is DeJa'Vu all over again.
    The difference is Lemonis has proven he can win in the right scenario. The question is can he build that scenario instead of using someone else?s. So far that appears to be a no, but he?s at least proven that he can win.

Moorhead had a team built to win 10 games and he couldn?t do it.

vCash
    Why would you not be able to do a national search if we fire him now? He is done. Keeping him is just delaying the inevitable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Why would you not be able to do a national search if we fire him now? He is done. Keeping him is just delaying the inevitable.
    I laughed about National search as well.

vCash
    You could do a regional search and find a staff that would do better than 14th and 13th place finishes

vCash
    It's pretty well believed that the coaches of Campbell, Central Michigan, and Louisiana Tech would take our job. If we can get someone better, great, but all 3 of those would have gotten this team to a Regional this year. Probably last year too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I laughed about National search as well.
    Yeah, what exactly is the difference between a "national" search starting say, TODAY, and a "national" search starting 365 days from today? And another thing. Just WTH is an "elite" college baseball coach? Exactly how would one define such an individual? I would argue that you really can't. Number of national championships? Number of CWS appearances? Anyway, even if it could be defined we will not get one of those. Nor would most any other school. It just does not work that way in college baseball. If you are looking for that so called "elite" coach then you are wandering around needlessly. I truly do not know or even have a strong opinion on the best route to take at this point. But if making a change is the choice of Selmon, Keenum and the few controlling the purse strings then a smart search will locate the right man for the job. And he does not have to be "elite".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Totally disagree with you Todd. Lemonis isn't the answer, did you not pay attention to his on the field decisions, it's not just the last game it's been all year. We have major gaps in our lineup, we don't have much on the bench that can step up and help what I'm seeing in certain positions.
    Tell me when we have ever had a so-called Elite Coach in baseball at Msu come from another school, and I wouldn't call RP when we hired him in the 70's but he was an up-and-coming young coach from a mid major.

But we shall see and I'm gonna pull for us regardless what happens. We can get the money and find a new Coach, it ain't like we need food stamps and stimulus money.

JMO
    John Cohen 2009.

vCash
    Steve said the same thing before Kendall. Pretty much verbatim. Exact same words. Do with that what you will

vCash
    We're not spending 6 million to buy out our current staff plus another couple million to buy out the current contract of the new staff. Not happening.

vCash
    Oh we can do a national search. But we won't land the best coach we can get. And we'll lose millions more in the process to likely do the same thing over again in about five years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Yeah, what exactly is the difference between a "national" search starting say, TODAY, and a "national" search starting 365 days from today? And another thing. Just WTH is an "elite" college baseball coach? Exactly how would one define such an individual? I would argue that you really can't. Number of national championships? Number of CWS appearances? Anyway, even if it could be defined we will not get one of those. Nor would most any other school. It just does not work that way in college baseball. If you are looking for that so called "elite" coach then you are wandering around needlessly. I truly do not know or even have a strong opinion on the best route to take at this point. But if making a change is the choice of Selmon, Keenum and the few controlling the purse strings then a smart search will locate the right man for the job. And he does not have to be "elite".
    So let's throw shit against the wall and hope it sticks. Good plan.**

vCash
    Isn't that what we're doing if we keep Lemonis? Fool me twice, one more chance?

vCash
    Funny since this is basically the same thing as keeping Lemonis. The pitching has been beyond bad but so has almost every other aspect. Other than "recruiting" which is pretty much always in the top 10-15, what does Lemonis bring to the table next year?

He didn't even maintain Indiana. They regressed his first 3 years and finally won 40 games his 4th year. The two previous years before Lemonis was 49 wins and 44 wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It's pretty well believed that the coaches of Campbell, Central Michigan, and Louisiana Tech would take our job. If we can get someone better, great, but all 3 of those would have gotten this team to a Regional this year. Probably last year too.
    so would the staffs at PRCC, Jones College and ECCC

vCash
    Come on, Todd. You are a knowledgeable baseball guy. Where in any of this did you come up with the fact we would be throwing shit against a wall?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Come on, Todd. You are a knowledgeable baseball guy. Where in any of this did you come up with the fact we would be throwing shit against a wall?
    None of us are strong enough to pick Lemo up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Steve said the same thing before Kendall. Pretty much verbatim. Exact same words. Do with that what you will
    Well that means they both could be wrong. Rosy ain't in the know anymore than this hoard.

vCash
    Todd, the buyout will cost State $0. They have people willing to cover that. They simply don't want to do it. Stop slobbing on the Lemonis knob. The guy sucks!