Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendall Rogers weighs in on Lemon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I agree with this. Baseball coaches don't hop around as much as football and basketball coaches. They don't leave as often, and they don't get fired as often. Bianco is in Year 23. Scott Berry has been at Southern Miss for 23 years (14 as head coach).

We won a Natty and nobody got Foxhall or GoTro afterward. When a football team wins a Natty, someone always comes after their OC or DC.
    To be fair, Gotro has had several offers for head coaching spots. Tulane and Rice are a couple off the top of my head. He is still in the hunt for the Bama job also. Don’t be surprised if he ends up there at the end of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The administration cares more about football than baseball (which, frankly, I'm good with). Had Lemon turned in this pathetic coaching effort in football he'd be gone already. We fired a football coach that went 16-8 and beat ole miss two years in a row.
    Exactly how it should be!

vCash
    The administration cares more about football than baseball (which, frankly, I'm good with). Had Lemon turned in this pathetic coaching effort in football he'd be gone already. We fired a football coach that went 16-8 and beat ole miss two years in a row.
    Moorhead was 14-12 (8-5 and then 6-7), not 16-8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Moorhead was 14-12 (8-5 and then 6-7), not 16-8
    Huh? I thought we finished regular season 8-4 both years? Anyway, my point remains. Football is more important to the administration and boosters.

vCash
    Huh? I thought we finished regular season 8-4 both years? Anyway, my point remains. Football is more important to the administration and boosters.
    No, the piss and miss got us to 6-6. I highly doubt Moorhead would have been fired had we been 8-4 again in 2019. He almost wasn't anyway, until the incident with Willie Gay and the poor bowl performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    No, the piss and miss got us to 6-6. I highly doubt Moorhead would have been fired had we been 8-4 again in 2019. He almost wasn't anyway, until the incident with Willie Gay and the poor bowl performance.
    OMG! How could I forget that?! Shit.

vCash
    OMG! How could I forget that?! Shit.
    Oh but how it makes us SMILE to remember!!

"Poor ol' Elijah well he never got a kiss
    Poor ol' Elijah he don't know what he missed
    Is it any wonder that his face is red Elijah that poor ol' wooden head"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Have you sent in your application Basedog?

I look forward to Bert Stare saying you just bought a house in Starkville.
    I?d just use a mesh beach chair instead of bucket. Bert said he would buy me a house when I applied and got the job*. LOL

P.S. I’d be bringing Cc24 as my top assistant.
    Last edited by basedog; 05-19-2023 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I?d just use a mesh beach chair instead of bucket. Bert said he would buy me a house when I applied and got the job*. LOL

P.S. I’d be bringing Cc24 as my top assistant.
    I'll be there for you, man! LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'll be there for you, man! LOL
    I’d get a deal for Cade to return and yo peep son would be our catcher/hitting Coach. Hell I’d make you Co HC! We could use the money 24. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I’d get a deal for Cade to return and yo peep son would be our catcher/hitting Coach. Hell I’d make you Co HC! We could use the money 24. LOL
    Let's make it happen lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This narrative keeps getting thrown out- but truth be told- he didnt take the job and chose to stay at TCU. If he wanted the job- he would have been our HC
    Not true. And I live in Texas...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Not true. And I live in Texas...
    aGAIN- say that all you want. If he waits until the end of the CWS- he is our coach. Cohen would not name him before the CWS was over- so he took the extension with TCU. Cohen told him he wouldnt name him before the CWS was over.

If he wanted to be our coach- he would be today
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Deuces

vCash
    This job isn't as attractive as it once was due to NIL. Also our location was never an issue until widespread social media came about. This is a bullshit world.

vCash
    They care about money and football is the cash cow. Even with the support we have baseball doesn't make much money even for us.if at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This job isn't as attractive as it once was due to NIL. Also our location was never an issue until widespread social media came about. This is a bullshit world.
    We're a top 5 or so in the SEC in NIL for baseball. That's pretty damn strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We're in the SEC- which means if you're a coach and you want to win National Championships where one of the very few places that has the resources to do that.

Sure there are coaches like Scott Berry that get comfortable somewhere and they stay and just become the face of the program historically. There are others that want to go somewhere that they can win a National Championship.

vCash
    Let me give you two scenarios.

1. We can fire Lemois now and lose between 6-8 million dollars all told between buyouts and paying a new staff and end up with some random mid major coach or an unproven SEC assistant.

2. We can keep Lemonis spend about 4 million dollars on buyouts and do a proper National Search and end up with a more accomplished head coach. Assuming Lemonis doesn't turn it around. Which in my mind a turnaround is very possible. Because I don't think very many MSU fans understand how abysmal Foxhall was. But let's say I'm wrong and we end up with another season like this. We still come out better in the long run because we'll have a much bigger pool to choose from and more resources. Most of our fans just don't get this for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Let me give you two scenarios.

1. We can fire Lemois now and lose between 6-8 million dollars all told between buyouts and paying a new staff and end up with some random mid major coach or an unproven SEC assistant.

2. We can keep Lemonis spend about 4 million dollars on buyouts and do a proper National Search and end up with a more accomplished head coach. Assuming Lemonis doesn't turn it around. Which in my mind a turnaround is very possible. Because I don't think very many MSU fans understand how abysmal Foxhall was. But let's say I'm wrong and we end up with another season like this. We still come out better in the long run because we'll have a much bigger pool to choose from and more resources. Most of our fans just don't get this for some reason.
    The only thing i see is a repeat of Moorhead. Most of us with common sense could see he was a crap coach after Kentucky game....but noooo a lot of knuckleheads wanted to keep him. It wasn't until he told us to pound sand and kick rocks that he was told to exit stage left. It is DeJa'Vu all over again.