Thread: Kendall Rogers weighs in on Lemon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    The administration cares more about football than baseball (which, frankly, I'm good with). Had Lemon turned in this pathetic coaching effort in football he'd be gone already. We fired a football coach that went 16-8 and beat ole miss two years in a row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The administration cares more about football than baseball (which, frankly, I'm good with). Had Lemon turned in this pathetic coaching effort in football he'd be gone already. We fired a football coach that went 16-8 and beat ole miss two years in a row.
    Exactly how it should be!

vCash
    Moorhead was 14-12 (8-5 and then 6-7), not 16-8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Moorhead was 14-12 (8-5 and then 6-7), not 16-8
    Huh? I thought we finished regular season 8-4 both years? Anyway, my point remains. Football is more important to the administration and boosters.

vCash
    Huh? I thought we finished regular season 8-4 both years? Anyway, my point remains. Football is more important to the administration and boosters.
    No, the piss and miss got us to 6-6. I highly doubt Moorhead would have been fired had we been 8-4 again in 2019. He almost wasn't anyway, until the incident with Willie Gay and the poor bowl performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    No, the piss and miss got us to 6-6. I highly doubt Moorhead would have been fired had we been 8-4 again in 2019. He almost wasn't anyway, until the incident with Willie Gay and the poor bowl performance.
    OMG! How could I forget that?! Shit.

vCash
    OMG! How could I forget that?! Shit.
    Oh but how it makes us SMILE to remember!!

"Poor ol' Elijah well he never got a kiss
    Poor ol' Elijah he don't know what he missed
    Is it any wonder that his face is red Elijah that poor ol' wooden head"

vCash
    They care about money and football is the cash cow. Even with the support we have baseball doesn't make much money even for us.if at all.

vCash
    Let me give you two scenarios.

1. We can fire Lemois now and lose between 6-8 million dollars all told between buyouts and paying a new staff and end up with some random mid major coach or an unproven SEC assistant.

2. We can keep Lemonis spend about 4 million dollars on buyouts and do a proper National Search and end up with a more accomplished head coach. Assuming Lemonis doesn't turn it around. Which in my mind a turnaround is very possible. Because I don't think very many MSU fans understand how abysmal Foxhall was. But let's say I'm wrong and we end up with another season like this. We still come out better in the long run because we'll have a much bigger pool to choose from and more resources. Most of our fans just don't get this for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

1. We can fire Lemois now and lose between 6-8 million dollars all told between buyouts and paying a new staff and end up with some random mid major coach or an unproven SEC assistant.

2. We can keep Lemonis spend about 4 million dollars on buyouts and do a proper National Search and end up with a more accomplished head coach. Assuming Lemonis doesn't turn it around. Which in my mind a turnaround is very possible. Because I don't think very many MSU fans understand how abysmal Foxhall was. But let's say I'm wrong and we end up with another season like this. We still come out better in the long run because we'll have a much bigger pool to choose from and more resources. Most of our fans just don't get this for some reason.
    The only thing i see is a repeat of Moorhead. Most of us with common sense could see he was a crap coach after Kentucky game....but noooo a lot of knuckleheads wanted to keep him. It wasn't until he told us to pound sand and kick rocks that he was told to exit stage left. It is DeJa'Vu all over again.

vCash

Another year of abject mediocrity in baseball is fine by me. I'm a football guy. I really don't like baseball due some childhood issues involving my Dad trying to relive his glory years through me.

vCash

Totally disagree with you Todd. Lemonis isn't the answer, did you not pay attention to his on the field decisions, it's not just the last game it's been all year. We have major gaps in our lineup, we don't have much on the bench that can step up and help what I'm seeing in certain positions.
    Tell me when we have ever had a so-called Elite Coach in baseball at Msu come from another school, and I wouldn't call RP when we hired him in the 70's but he was an up-and-coming young coach from a mid major.

But we shall see and I'm gonna pull for us regardless what happens. We can get the money and find a new Coach, it ain't like we need food stamps and stimulus money.

JMO