Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking in behalf of a foreign friend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Pick a better option:

(1) Vitello for 2.5M/year

Or

(2) Nick Mingione (or similar) for 575k and 1.925M for players per year

My foreign friend keeps telling me that coaches are just employees. Does not understand why a college coach gets 3x an MLB coach? When you discount non-SEC games, it seems that MLB coaches are coaching 5 times more games.

My foreign friend thinks agents and ADs are chiseling colleges.
    If that were actually the case and the extra 2 million go to NIL yearly, which it is not, give me 2 all day. No brainer. I would have the best roster every year with an average coach. Much better than an average roster with a good coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Doesn't the Bulldog Club or others pay majority of coaching salaries?
    LinK: https://athleticdirectoru.com/articl...ation%E2%80%9D).

"Generally, a large proportion of a coach?s total compensation will be in exchange for duties that satisfy the university?s media, sponsorship, and apparel contracts, including a grant of the coach?s name, likeness and image (collectively, referred to as ?supplemental compensation?). Though paid by the university, the Talent Fee is typically funded from revenue generated by its rights deals and sponsorships."

So 80% of the salary is just the coach's NIL deal and money shell game. The University is only paying a fraction of the total. So Nike outfits the team, the coaches get to sip the milkshake but not the players. So, if the players get a straw too, then it's Nike paying the player, not the school. But it's the money the coach used to get.

I don't about you guys, but I rather wear a shirt that says "Hines" than "Lemonis". This has everything to do with Hines performance. Nobody want's a "Foxhall" shirt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    LinK: https://athleticdirectoru.com/articl...ation%E2%80%9D).

"Generally, a large proportion of a coach?s total compensation will be in exchange for duties that satisfy the university?s media, sponsorship, and apparel contracts, including a grant of the coach?s name, likeness and image (collectively, referred to as ?supplemental compensation?). Though paid by the university, the Talent Fee is typically funded from revenue generated by its rights deals and sponsorships."

So 80% of the salary is just the coach's NIL deal and money shell game. The University is only paying a fraction of the total. So Nike outfits the team, the coaches get to sip the milkshake but not the players. So, if the players get a straw too, then it's Nike paying the player, not the school. But it's the money the coach used to get.

I don't about you guys, but I rather wear a shirt that says "Hines" than "Lemonis". This has everything to do with Hines performance. Nobody want's a "Foxhall" shirt.
    This unreal compensation for coaches helped bring about the Supreme Court decision for players, NIL and portal, along with NCAA greed. Even NFL has contracts and salary caps. This is completely out of control. Back in the day when my late Superdawg Dad and his friends joined together to buy cars and tractors seems very innocent now. But we got busted for a "discount" on clothes at a local store and had to forfeit about 20 or so games along with other probation.

vCash
    Question, can a university employee contribute to NIL? Can a football coach make 10 mil per year and donate 2 mil to NIL? I mean once it's paid to him its no longer university funds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Question, can a university employee contribute to NIL? Can a football coach make 10 mil per year and donate 2 mil to NIL? I mean once it's paid to him its no longer university funds.
    Just do it. If Miami can use scum bag Ponzi Scheme money, there are no limits. But I would suggest at least giving the money the veneer of "outside source"

vCash
    501c3

vCash
    Pics?