Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking in behalf of a foreign friend

vCash

Asking in behalf of a foreign friend

Pick a better option:

(1) Vitello for 2.5M/year

Or

(2) Nick Mingione (or similar) for 575k and 1.925M for players per year

My foreign friend keeps telling me that coaches are just employees. Does not understand why a college coach gets 3x an MLB coach? When you discount non-SEC games, it seems that MLB coaches are coaching 5 times more games.

My foreign friend thinks agents and ADs are chiseling colleges.

vCash
    Is that 1.925M actually transferable to NIL though?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    You would think so but somehow we are saving 3M on our FB coach this year and allegedly our Football NIL fund isn't anywhere near that. I don't understand.

vCash
    No - not at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    You would think so but somehow we are saving 3M on our FB coach this year and allegedly our Football NIL fund isn't anywhere near that. I don't understand.
    We need the boosters who would fund the football coach salary that we're saving to fund NIL instead.

And same for baseball too if we replace Lemonis with someone lower-salaried.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    No - not at all
    I'm not an accountant but these NiL deals are All pretty much bullshit. Pure Give always.

Miami has players on YouTube "selling" health insurance that I have never heard off.

Other than the Bama QB on Dr Pepper ads, the rest are selling hoodies and visors. Somehow LSU pays huge NIL salaries. The girl in the picture is "selling" this "merchandise", if I gave this to my kids, they would look at curiously and then deposit in the family donation box for Goodwill. 100% sure of it.

vCash
    I can sit on a bucket for $300k per year. And stroll out to the mound every other inning, or in some cases every other out, to change pitchers.
    But if we catch lightning in a bottle after getting 10 run ruled twice in Hoover, they will owe me $1 million bonus for getting the team to carry my bucket to the championship round.

Then they could use the rest on players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Pick a better option:

Or

My foreign friend keeps telling me that coaches are just employees. Does not understand why a college coach gets 3x an MLB coach? When you discount non-SEC games, it seems that MLB coaches are coaching 5 times more games.

I would take Vitello because he is a much better coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I can sit on a bucket for $300k per year. And stroll out to the mound every other inning, or in some cases every other out, to change pitchers.
    But if we catch lightning in a bottle after getting 10 run ruled twice in Hoover, they will owe me $1 million bonus for getting the team to carry my bucket to the championship round.

Then they could use the rest on players
    NIL deal for customized buckets

vCash
    Pick a better option:

Or

MLB managers just manage the team. There is a GM and scouting department that drafts, signs free agents etc. In college ball, the coach also has to be the GM and scout (evaluate and acquire players). Honestly it’s a much bigger job in college. And the players need more development and coaching in college. Raw professional players tend to develop in the minors.

It’s true that coaches are just employees. But that applies to all situations. A janitor and Nick Saban are just Alabama employees. A young dude working at the Apple Store and Tim Cook are just Apple employees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Schools cannot pay players NIL money. Remember, they are getting paid for "endorsements"*, not athletic performance. If they were paid to play ball then they would lose amateur status and be ineligible.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Schools cannot pay players NIL money. Remember, they are getting paid for "endorsements"*, not athletic performance. If they were paid to play ball then they would lose amateur status and be ineligible.
    Levity at its finest. You forgot these: ****

vCash
    I mean? yes obviously. But lets not fool ourselves here

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Until family farms and engineering firms start having "faces of their businesses," we don't have the reach in our alumni base to compete financially with...basically anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I would take Vitello because he is a much better coach.
    Todd- elaborate on that opinion. I know several share that opinion as well where I do not. I do think he's a great recruiter (I see him everywhere), and he's stock piling talent at a mind boggling rate...but I just don't see the coaching ability other than encouraging everyone around the program to act like an ass and be cocky.... they don't field it great, don't run the bases great, streaky bats with all or nothing approaches.....I just don't see the "coaching"....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Levity at its finest. You forgot these: ****
    Look closely.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Pick a better option:

Or

Vitello

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    Todd- elaborate on that opinion. I know several share that opinion as well where I do not. I do think he's a great recruiter (I see him everywhere), and he's stock piling talent at a mind boggling rate...but I just don't see the coaching ability other than encouraging everyone around the program to act like an ass and be cocky.... they don't field it great, don't run the bases great, streaky bats with all or nothing approaches.....I just don't see the "coaching"....
    Not Todd

But he recruits better, coaches better and his teams play with a chip on the shoulder and swagger

vCash
    We need the boosters who would fund the football coach salary that we're saving to fund NIL instead.

And same for baseball too if we replace Lemonis with someone lower-salaried.
    Doesn't the Bulldog Club or others pay majority of coaching salaries?

vCash
    Yeah, what a joke. Sure Stenson Bennett has had giant NIL deals and that "student athlete" has been unable to get a degree in six plus years at GA. What an institution of higher learning.