Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genespage

vCash

Genespage

This place has become an estrogen filled woe is me swan lake lite

You are what your record says you are? Our record 2 years in a row says we suck - the only metric that matters - winning

And we suck at that right now no matter the reason

Excuses are for losers

If you consider yourself an elite program, two years of below mediocrity is unacceptable

And get out of here with keeping players and recruiting classes - I watch PG 10s that can?t hit and pitch in games weekly but hey they have the metrics and are can?t misses

Get the right coach - Lemonis is not that guy

You miss 100% of the shots not taken
    Don?t bunt, hit tanks!!

vCash
    Most people treat baseball differently. If we had a perennial top 10 football program for the last 30+ years that just finally won a natty, but had two back to back 4-8 seasons, you can bet the head coach would be out here in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Name an elite program that has had 4 HC's in a 7 year span in modern times. And if you find that- tell me how it worked out for them
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Name an elite program that has had 4 HC's in a 7 year span in modern times. And if you find that- tell me how it worked out for them
    Do your own homework Biff.

vCash
    Find me another one that walked into a perfect situation and then ran it off the road so far he cant pull it out with a crane. We didnt want Henderson after an Omaha run but we want Lemonis all of a sudden after he has ruined everything we built? We survived Cann. We can survive this and be better from it. Idk where all this is coming from, but this staff has earned its fate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Most people treat baseball differently. If we had a perennial top 10 football program for the last 30+ years that just finally won a natty, but had two back to back 4-8 seasons, you can bet the head coach would be out here in a heartbeat.
    Folks wanted Leach gone the second we hired him and never fully got on board. Ever. But now we wanna hop back on for this staff? When they are breaking records of suckage?

vCash
    Alabama football had 5 from 2000 to 2007 (6 if you countinterim, which Henderson was for us),, and I'd say canning Shula for Saban worked out pretty well for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Alabama football had 5 from 2000 to 2007 (6 if you countinterim, which Henderson was for us),, and I'd say canning Shula for Saban worked out pretty well for them.
    but hiring Shula didnt. Neither did hiring Dennis Franchione or Mike Price

Bama hired a coach to replace Shula that was coaching at a higher level and had a Natty on his belt. If we can hire that LFG. But we are talking about hiring the coach from Campbell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Find me another one that walked into a perfect situation and then ran it off the road so far he cant pull it out with a crane.
    Miami Hurricanes

vCash
    So by your definition above- you are saying state is not an elite program simply due to turnover - got it

Stability for the sake of stability is asinine - Lemonis has no vision and his teams aren?t known for any qualities - toughness, physicality, being a dirtbag, being gritty

What?s the definition of insanity again?
    Doing the same $hit over and over and expecting different results.

vCash
    Well Hell. Campbell is in the Top 20 with other no name baseball programs like West Virginia and UT San Antonio. Meanwhile Lemonis has State sitting next to last in a 14 team league. Heck, let?s keep him. Then next year when his team finishes 13th they will not be next to last, because there will be 3 teams worse. But still out of Hoover. My gosh. The water is rising so slow some people are willing to wait until it is seeping under the door sill before building a dam.

vCash
    The first in that string of 4 Coaches coached State for 8 years. The last has coached for 5 years. The 2 in the middle (fired) and (interim).

Not exactly Coach hopping.

vCash
    It's a little weird that us improving from 14th to 13th place is enough to save the HC's job at one of top three baseball programs in the country. If Saban finishes last or next to last in 2023 and 2024, the gumps would burn his house down with him inside.

vCash
    I guess your cousin Bucket Coach is your favorite*** Man have you changed, I suppose he is your favorite cousin and family is first* LOL

You don't build a 65 million dollar baseball stadium and finish at the bottom two years in a row.
    Last edited by basedog; 05-17-2023 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    It's a little weird that us improving from 14th to 13th place is enough to save the HC's job at one of top three baseball programs in the country. If Saban finishes last or next to last in 2023 and 2024, the gumps would burn his house down with him inside.
    Alabama also has 6 national championships in the last 12 years. We have 1 all time. Whether we agree or not that is going to buy him more goodwill than it should with the higher ups.

vCash
    Lemonis is in so far over his head he'll never make it. He's going to hire a retread pitching coach because no good one is coming here for this mess.

vCash
    Hmm. It seems 1% of the Fanbase is split on Getting rid of or keeping a floundering baseball coach. Ever body know where Flounders reside?

vCash
    1. Dubose 2000
    2. Francione 2002
    3. Price 2003
    4. Shula 2006
    5. Kines 2006
    6. Saban 2007

Eventually, they found the guy they liked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    1. Dubose 2000
    2. Francione 2002
    3. Price 2003
    4. Shula 2006
    5. Kines 2006
    6. Saban 2007

Eventually, they found the guy they liked.
    That?s football so it doesn?t count or so they say

Expectations are expectations

vCash
    Miami Hurricanes
    So you are comparing the U with all their off field problems to Ms State baseball when Lemon took over?