Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis stays; who leaves?

vCash

Lemonis stays; who leaves?

Just from all of the smoke, I?m assuming that Alford will leave regardless of who the coach is. I also assume that the 2 players that have been mentioned as having already been approached by other teams are Hines and Jordan.

vCash
    Jordan has a chance to be one of the greats at State. We gotta make him stay.

vCash
    Hines wants some NIL and to be the 1st baseman next year. He will be in maroon if he gets that
    Jordan has people after him- NIL will settle that

**** Alford
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Alford would be my guess based on the shit he's caused this year.

This is pure speculation, but I could see Lo leaving. He's culturally very different, and we fired his pitching coach, so I could see him going to a Florida school or something. Again, pure speculation.

vCash
    Loftin is 100% Dawg. So we would have to **** up badly to lose him.

vCash
    Most of the fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Most of the fans.
    That?s just it. It will not matter to the average fan. Because ?they loves dem boys? and go for the social event. Opening weekend will be packed just like always because to most State fans, winning is nice, but it ain?t everything. Sad really.

Now the message board fans will boycott until the team starts 10-1 against Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe.

vCash
    The fans arent leaving. Nobody is giving up their OF spot. Nobody is giving up their season tickets their family has owned for 40 years. So no- we will not lose a damn thing fanwise

vCash
    Already happening in football and basketball. NIL will take its toll on baseball now. So we'll keep a lousy coach and lose the few good players we have who want to make more money than we have and want to play for a winner again. The social party won't last long after that.

Banned
    vCash
    Already happening in football and basketball. NIL will take its toll on baseball now. So we'll keep a lousy coach and lose the few good players we have who want to make more money than we have and want to play for a winner again. The social party won't last long after that.
    Baseball is different for us because we've cultivated an atmosphere that transcends the sport. People just enjoy being there. For ****'s sake we set the record again this year for attendance in a battle between #13 and #14 in the SEC after we lost on Friday.

Message board opinion is <1% of State fanbase perception.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Baseball is different for us because we've cultivated an atmosphere that transcends the sport. People just enjoy being there. For ****'s sake we set the record again this year for attendance in a battle between #13 and #14 in the SEC after we lost on Friday.

Message board opinion is <1% of State fanbase perception.
    Many are still riding the high of 2021 and a new park. Another season or two of losing and the shine will be gone. It's becoming clear we will not have the means to stay relevant in any sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hines wants some NIL and to be the 1st baseman next year. He will be in maroon if he gets that
    Jordan has people after him- NIL will settle that

**** Alford
    That sums it up.

vCash
    Many are still riding the high of 2021 and a new park. Another season or two of losing and the shine will be gone. It's becoming clear we will not have the means to stay relevant in any sport.
    First of all if we beat North Alabama we're guaranteed .500. If we do that and beat A&M once at home we will have a winning season. So unless we have a really bad week we won't have a season of "losing".

Some people think that because we won a National Championship that we get to act like complete fools and fire everyone if we have a bad weekend and that our history is completely gone because of one bad season. Which is insane.

We have a really good core group of freshmen and sophomores to build around. And with Foxhall gone we have a chance to improve by a good bit. In fact we could potentially have a rotation of three top 200 draft prospects next year in Loo, Loftin, and Holcombe. Add in Dohm and Gartman and that's a pretty solid group to build around. Not to mention Siary, Tapper, and Gibbs. Bear in mind none of these guys have had proper coaching at this level or were managed correctly. We're bringing in a JUCO pitcher named Cam Shulke who is basically like Caleb Reed on steroids.

Hines and Dakota Jordan are already a really good tandem and Highfill has hit 9 home runs as a freshman. Mershon is coming into his own. We likely add Dylan Cupp at SS and Aidan Smith which could give us two more potential impact guys as freshmen. Nolan Stevens is another good freshman prospect that could help. Bryce Chance is basically a freshman and has held his own and should get better. That really only leaves us with a hole at third base and maybe an outfield spot. Probably will have to find a closer too.
    We can find that very easily in the portal.

We should be much better next year as long as we make a decent hire at pitching coach and the draft doesn't kill us. Which I don't think it will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    First of all if we beat North Alabama we're guaranteed .500. If we do that and beat A&M once at home we will have a winning season. So unless we have a really bad week we won't have a season of "losing".

Some people think that because we won a National Championship that we get to act like complete fools and fire everyone if we have a bad weekend and that our history is completely gone because of one bad season. Which is insane.

We have a really good core group of freshmen and sophomores to build around. And with Foxhall gone we have a chance to improve by a good bit. In fact we could potentially have a rotation of three top 200 draft prospects next year in Loo, Loftin, and Holcombe. Add in Dohm and Gartman and that's a pretty solid group to build around. Not to mention Siary, Tapper, and Gibbs. Bear in mind none of these guys have had proper coaching at this level or were managed correctly. We're bringing in a JUCO pitcher named Cam Shulke who is basically like Caleb Reed on steroids.

Hines and Dakota Jordan are already a really good tandem and Highfill has hit 9 home runs as a freshman. Mershon is coming into his own. We likely add Dylan Cupp at SS and Aidan Smith which could give us two more potential impact guys as freshmen. Nolan Stevens is another good freshman prospect that could help. Bryce Chance is basically a freshman and has held his own and should get better. That really only leaves us with a hole at third base and maybe an outfield spot. Probably will have to find a closer too.
    We can find that very easily in the portal.

We should be much better next year as long as we make a decent hire at pitching coach and the draft doesn't kill us. Which I don't think it will.
    I like this "non doom and gloom Todd", lol.**

Good post and I really hope this what we have in store.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I like this "non doom and gloom Todd", lol.**

Good post and I really hope this what we have in store.
    I do too! To me odds are really high that we will at the very least have a much better season next year. We have so many meltdown one run losses because of pitching mismanagement if we eliminate at least 75% of those losses we're probably looking at hosting or a two seed right now.

But that's the thing- we need to nail the PC hire. I'm not too worried about us in the portal. We've done a solid job there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The fans arent leaving. Nobody is giving up their OF spot. Nobody is giving up their season tickets their family has owned for 40 years. So no- we will not lose a damn thing fanwise
    Season ticket holders will hold on to buying their seats, but attending games are getting easier to stay at home and watch because of streaming or TV games. If we continue to put a bad product on the field the attendance will slow as well. Winning sells more tickets for fans attending games, it just does. Better hope we get better coaching moving forward, last two years shouldn't have happened.

Losing hurts the program in many ways, winning creates opportunities for more positive things.

vCash
    Dakota, Highfill, Hines, Mershon, Loftin, and Lo are all special, or have the opportunity to be special. That’s your core.

vCash
    what are the odds of Kellum returning?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    what are the odds of Kellum returning?
    Low

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Dakota, Highfill, Hines, Mershon, Loftin, and Lo are all special, or have the opportunity to be special. That’s your core.
    Almost 100% sure all those aren't coming back based on what I've heard. Hines and Jordan only have one year left here too.
    We lose Clark, Ledbetter, Cade (likely pro), Nixon (pro), Gartman is probably done but we'll see, Larry, Hancock.
    There are a few fence riders I think. There are a couples rumors of guys leaving but I'll wait because nothing clear.