Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Told you Auburn is the luckiest team in college football.

vCash

Told you Auburn is the luckiest team in college football.

They'll win the west next year too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    From their qb completing a pass to himself to for a first down against us, to the miracle against Georgia, to what just happened against Bama... I think you're right. all the dominoes are falling their way this year.

vCash
    They have to go to Oxford, Starkville, T-Town and Athens. They arent winning the West next year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Damn if Dak plays against bama we could've beat both those sum bitches...

vCash
    Their luck runs out next week. I think USC or Missouri could beat them. Never seen a game like that and I hate those assholes as much as I hate Ole Miss. Those two fan bases are as close to each other as you can be. Ironic but true. I hope Missouri crushes those bastards.

vCash
    I will say that out of those road trips, we could be the toughest matchup for Auburn. Especially if we are healthy.

vCash
    Aren't they glad Saban bitched about adding that second back to the clock?

Banned
    vCash
    We're going to beat the shit out of Auburn next year. They are gimmick football.

vCash
    Honestly, TSUN is a constant priority for me, but in terms of satisfaction - you beat Auburn, you beat evil. From Dye, to Lowder, to Cam - utter dung. Arrogant Ag School - such a thing should not be allowed to exist. I hope they get smoked by Spurrier next week. I really want them to face that SOB and to have it handed to them. Spurrier knows all of Ellis Johnson's tricks. Then again maybe Mizzou could throttle their corrupt asses as well.

Mind you, I am not about to shed a tear for Bama nor their fans. They just don't matter to me as much.

Special teams is a third of the damn game NCAA coaches - perhaps it is time to budget and focus on it?????

vCash
    Nothing would surprise me as far as Auburn. I've seen enough over the last few years to realize they have a horseshoe up their ass.

vCash
    I genuinely believe the luck and injuries have a way of evening out over time and regressing to the mean. Therefore, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Auburn has injury issues and bad luck next year, and, for us, just the opposite to happen.

Been watching sports for a long time, and that just seems to he the way things work.

vCash
    Hell, Bama only had two guys on the field that could Tackle . The Holder and kicker and seven fat OL , only leaves two Guys to make the Tackle. Nick went stupid.

vCash
    Maybe I was watching a different game, but Auburn looked like a pretty damn good team. The winning TD wasn't luck. They put a great athlete in the game to return a "punt" covered by 10 o-linemen. I saw a lot of great coaching from the Auburn sideline. I know many are pissed about Cam. But he was ours to win, but the coach called the wrong play.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Maybe I was watching a different game, but Auburn looked like a pretty damn good team. The winning TD wasn't luck. They put a great athlete in the game to return a "punt" covered by 10 o-linemen. I saw a lot of great coaching from the Auburn sideline. I know many are pissed about Cam. But he was ours to win, but the coach called the wrong play.
    Auburn has no business playing for the NC. They CAN'T PASS. They use the gimmick offense of not allowing your defense to substitute or make calls from the sidelines. It's bullshit football. I want it out of college football. Oregon, Baylor, Auburn etc.. are making a killing off of a gimmick. Get it the **** out of football.

vCash
    I understand your point, but the gimmick just ran the ball down the NC's throat, is 11-1 and heading to SECCG.

vCash

That last TD by Auburn was a thing of beauty. Marshall held the ball perfect..

and sucked in the 'Bama cb and the wr had no one to even worry about for the td. Call it gimmicky or whatever you want but Malzahn outcoached the best coach in college football and beat em. What the Hell was Saban thinking. They were no where near prepared to handle a return on that fg. AJ was probably the fastest player on the field for them and watch the replay, he is no where in sight. The kicker is lit up but you never even see AJ. Sometimes teams just seem to get all the luck during a season. And Auburn has had ALL the luck any team could ever hope for in a single season. I had forgotten about the dang play where we batted the ball and he caught it and ran forever. I just remember that being the only time I was pissed at Collins for his play calling. We had pretty much contained them all day long and at the end of the game we go conservative as shit and then put a 5 foot cb covering a 6'6 wr in the endzone one on one at the end of the game? UGH!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgInMemphis View Post
    From their qb completing a pass to himself to for a first down against us, to the miracle against Georgia, to what just happened against Bama... I think you're right. all the dominoes are falling their way this year.
    The first 2 items you mention were total sheer luck but what happened at the end of the game today was just good coaching. Malzahn set up for the return all the way with basically his return team on the field against a bunch of big slow blockers on Alabama's FG kicking team. Granted it was a VERY unusual way for a game to end but I didn't see a lot of luck involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    and sucked in the 'Bama cb and the wr had no one to even worry about for the td. Call it gimmicky or whatever you want but Malzahn outcoached the best coach in college football and beat em. What the Hell was Saban thinking. They were no where near prepared to handle a return on that fg. AJ was probably the fastest player on the field for them and watch the replay, he is no where in sight. The kicker is lit up but you never even see AJ. Sometimes teams just seem to get all the luck during a season. And Auburn has had ALL the luck any team could ever hope for in a single season. I had forgotten about the dang play where we batted the ball and he caught it and ran forever. I just remember that being the only time I was pissed at Collins for his play calling. We had pretty much contained them all day long and at the end of the game we go conservative as shit and then put a 5 foot cb covering a 6'6 wr in the endzone one on one at the end of the game? UGH!!
    AJ didn't hold. This kicker has his own holder

vCash
    it's lucky when you win a game on a return like that true...but Bama also left 15 points on the field with missed FG. They could have gone 1-5 and still won.

I can't imagine a team has had a luckier season in recent years that AU has this year. They are a good team, no doubt, but they have had some crazy finishes to get where they are.

vCash
    Very smart coaching by Malzhn on the field goal. Bama had no one even close to tackling that guy on the return. How in the hell does he not know they have someone ready to return that ball on a 57 yard attempt? Mind-boggling he wasn't ready for that.....I thought Gus and Co totally out coached Saban and his staff.