Thread: LB Watson arrested for DUI

vCash

LB Watson arrested for DUI

vCash
    Not a good look but will miss SELA and be back for Arizona

vCash
    Hope the kid learned his lesson and comes out of it ok.

vCash
    And the dreaded off season summer show. Hopefully only opener out and back for real season to begin fresh.

So do we get some NIL back here?***

vCash
    I got arrested for suspicion of DUI when I was young. They brought me to the precinct and I registered below the legal limit, and was released.

vCash
    And so it begins

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    such an avoidable offense.

did I make mistakes like this in college? of course, but they could have all been so avoidable and saved me a lot of issues in the future had I just been smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    such an avoidable offense.

did I make mistakes like this in college? of course, but they could have all been so avoidable and saved me a lot of issues in the future had I just been smart.
    Especially now. I'm not sure how available Uber/Lyft are in towns like Starkville and Oxford, but I would have loved having that option when I was in school. One of the few dumb things I did not do in college was drink and drive. Several times we'd end up walking more than 2 miles to get home, which really doesn't sound that bad but damn if it didn't feel like forever when you've been drinking for 5 hours. And you want to find out how skilled you are, show up for a booty call after walking 2 and a half miles on a muggy, 85 degree night in late August in Starkville.

vCash
    He will be ok. At least he didnt hit 2 women on camera or contribute to a murder

vCash
    Idiot. How hard is it to stay out of jail? The answer is “not very hard”.

vCash
    Didn?t he get arrested a few years ago as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Didn?t he get arrested a few years ago as well?
    I believe he got arrested right before he got to state, but I could be wrong.

vCash
    a college kid drinking? Wow. How unusual
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Idiot. How hard is it to stay out of jail? The answer is “not very hard”.
    Not very hard yet probably 25% of college students only avoid it by luck? Maybe 50% only avoid it by luck? I did not drink and drive in college but there were plenty of times I could have been arrested for MIP or a fake id or occasionally public drunk if a policeman had showed up at the wrong time. There are also a not insignificant number of college students that get arrested for no reason other than a cop being a dick. The occasional completely dickhead cop knew they could make up whatever and no judge was going to take a college student's testimony (or even a handful of them) over theirs. That's a small percentage, but when you multiply a percentage of well less than 1% by 4 to 5k students per class and you still get some.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    He will have to do Non-Adjudication. He will be alright.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Put it this way, .08 which is the limit is a low threshold to reach. If you have a beer an hour for 4 hours, you would register over .08. Hell if you had two beers in under an hour, like for happy hour you could blow over .08.
    The real answer is, unless you just had one beer.... don't drive.

Luckily, he didn't get in an accident at or above .08. A woman in DeSoto last September got sentenced to 25 years for hitting an off duty sheriff's department deputy. 25 years to have a few beers. Do not drink and drive. Call an Uber.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Drinking and driving is stupid and irresponsible and can have life altering consequences! DON'T DO IT! That being said if this were bama, lsu, uga, etc.. you don't even get suspended for being involved in murder, rape, assault,etc.

Watson is a good kid and a leader, he made a mistake and hopefully he learns from it. I love the kid and his attitude from what I know of him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    He will have to do Non-Adjudication. He will be alright.
    Was his first arrest non adjudicated? Any clue what the result was of that interaction?

vCash
    So Bookie got booked?!!?

WAH Wah wah