Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lem will be back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I don't know of a single one.
    There are numerous people on this board and others who have said they think Lemonis should be fired if we miss Hoover but can stay if we make it, as if that's the baseline (top 12 in a 14-team league) he has to meet to keep his job.

12th out of 14 isn't good enough in football, much less a sport where we care the most out of any fanbase in the country and really only 4 of the 14 teams in the conference do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    There are numerous people on this board and others who have said they think Lemonis should be fired if we miss Hoover but can stay if we make it, as if that's the baseline (top 12 in a 14-team league) he has to meet to keep his job.

12th out of 14 isn't good enough in football, much less a sport where we care the most out of any fanbase in the country and really only 4 of the 14 teams in the conference do.
    Heres' the thing:

3-9 in football and you are nowhere near being a competent team. You just suck basically.

As bad as we have been this year- we are 44th right now in RPI. We are the 44th best team in the country ratings-wise. That would get us in the NCAA Tourney in basketball. That would get us in a very good bowl in football. But in baseball- different world. In most other baseball conferences- we are the 1 seed. So judging is different
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Heres' the thing:

3-9 in football and you are nowhere near being a competent team. You just suck basically.

As bad as we have been this year- we are 44th right now in RPI. We are the 44th best team in the country ratings-wise. That would get us in the NCAA Tourney in basketball. That would get us in a very good bowl in football. But in baseball- different world. In most other baseball conferences- we are the 1 seed. So judging is different
    The 13th best SEC football team is probably the around 44th best team in the country, so I think it is comparable.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 05-15-2023 at 11:46 PM.

vCash

I think some of our fans are confusing realistic expectations for THIS season based on how the season played out vs our actual program standard.

Those are two very different things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I 100 percent disagree
    We could fire him now- but it would likely cause a lot more long term harm than good.

It's simply too expensive and too risky at this point to fire him. Because of that it doesn't make sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Making a regional should be the floor for us every year. That is like making a bowl in football. Really should be in contention for hosting at least every year too.

Not making Hoover is like 1-11 in football. Not getting in a regional as a 4 seed is like 4-8. For a baseball program like ours, it ain't much to ask for a regional every year. The past two years are beyond acceptable regardless injuries. Programs like us should just throw another talented guy out there and make a regional.
    For me it's a Super Regional. As a SEC team we have a pretty good chance of winning a regional. Especially at home. I think the last regional game we lost was 2013 to Central Arkansas. Odds are if you go to a regional you're going to be up against at least two mid majors. As bad as we may be we have won the vast majority of our OOC games. And our schedule isn't exactly a cake walk. We've beaten Arizona State, USM, Louisiana, among others.

Arrow- hosting has politics attached to it so I'm not as focused on that since we have less control over it.

vCash
    Nick Mingione of Kentucky

7th in the East in 2019- No NCAA Tourney
    6th in the East in 2021- No NCAA Tourney
    6th in the East in 2022- No NCAA Tourney

2023? Listed as a national seed (8th in the country) currently heading in the last SEC weekend
    When did he fire his pitching coach mid season

vCash
    Heres' the thing:

Getting run ruled more than anyone in program history and holding both of the schools longest SEC losing streaks is pretty incompetent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We could fire him now- but it would likely cause a lot more long term harm than good.

It's simply too expensive and too risky at this point to fire him. Because of that it doesn't make sense.
    I disagree also, he may be back back we got some serious problems. Our pitching has to be completely rebuilt, our defense has been awful, our hitting as far as average or on base % is inconsistent. We strive on the long ball which is good. I'm kinda shocked at your take on Lemonis. I hope IF he is back he gets us back to what Msu baseball was, it sure is hell ain't what I've seen and I'm not sure he can maintain the level our history has been.

vCash
    Getting run ruled more than anyone in program history and holding both of the schools longest SEC losing streaks is pretty incompetent
    44th in RPI means nothing when you are losing as much as we have. I'm beginning to think 34 is kin to Lemonis** LOL

vCash
    The man is in over his head. This team (SEC PLAY) is:

10th in hitting
    12th in runs
    14th in pitching
    2nd in HR given up
    14th in fielding

All with his recruits. And he had to bring back Hancock because we couldn't sign a catcher.
    The guy sat on his big ole bucket ass and watched the wheels fall off at a time we should've been exploding to new heights with a new stadium and a Natty. His recruiting went off the rails for two full years.
    We're going to reward him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post

10th in hitting
    12th in runs
    14th in pitching
    2nd in HR given up
    14th in fielding

All with his recruits. And he had to bring back Hancock because we couldn't sign a catcher.
    The guy sat on his big ole bucket ass and watched the wheels fall off at a time we should've been exploding to new heights with a new stadium and a Natty. His recruiting went off the rails for two full years.
    Seems insane to me too. I guess it depends on what the cigar boys want to do.

vCash
    When did he fire his pitching coach mid season
    After finishing 7th in the East in 2019- he fired both assistants...now he is a top 8 national seed. You asked. I answered

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No one is just OK with going to Hoover.

To me this is like when Dan went 6-7 with an Egg Bowl win and Peter Sirmon as our DC. We all knew that Dan had some success with us and we all knew that Sirmon was obviously THE problem. We all knew that Dan could turn it around with a better DC- which he did in 2017.

I feel pretty confident that Lemonis will turn it around with a new PC.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong but this team has talent to where it can be turned around pretty quickly I think.
    How do you explain the poor fielding then?

vCash
    Actually a lot of people are, sadly.
    Literally no one is.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    In the job world, If someone completely bombed at a job most of the year but did good work one week toward the end of the year, that would not make up for MOST of the year doing terrible and most likely one would be fired. In this case, if we were losing games 3-2, 6-5, 8-6 for most of our losses, it would still be bad but there would at least be some glimmer of "we are close". But getting run ruled at this level so many times is not acceptable AT ALL. It's embarrassing and he needs to go.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post

10th in hitting
    12th in runs
    14th in pitching
    2nd in HR given up
    14th in fielding

Thank goodness for the long ball. The stats tell the true story why we are losing so much.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I can live with bringing Lemonis back if he?s committed.
    not good enough for me. What's he going to say now.."I'm not committed" When the wagon is burning, it's nearly impossible to recover, no matter what you say and how committed you are.
    No Signature

vCash
    After finishing 7th in the East in 2019- he fired both assistants...now he is a top 8 national seed. You asked. I answered
    That was not mid season. Lemonis aint it. He has been given more than enough time with little to no excuses to be this bad. None.

vCash
    That was not mid season. Lemonis aint it. He has been given more than enough time with little to no excuses to be this bad. None.
    Firing is firing. You are splitting hairs at this point.

Do I think Lemon is the long range guy? No
    Do I think he deserves one more to prove himself? Yes

Baseball is different from football in recruiting and other ways. I have questioned this guy's moves since he got here. But he won our only Natty. And that buys cred. A few pitching injuries is the equivalent of losing your starting QB. That was our 2022. We had a few more this season that really hurt. He probably deserves 1 more season. We have a Top 5 recruiting class, have some quality players returning, and should pull in some portal guys.