Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
I can't believe this thread lol

We go from universal agreement Lemonis needs to go, nicknames comparing him to Chizik etc to defending him and wanting him to return, all because we took 2/3 from a team that just lost a series to Auburn? What?

We're worst in the conference in defense, yet Todd is defending Lemonis saying "well we're not as bad as we were". Newsflash: THE ENTIRE SEASON MATTERS! WHY DID LEMO NOT HAVE THE D READY TO GO AT THE START OF THE YEAR??

We're one of the worst teams in the conference yet the LSU series proves something? Newsflash: THE ENTIRE SEASON MATTERS! ONE SEC SERIES DOES NOT UNDO THE FACT WERE MISSING HOOVER

Kentucky missed the NCAA tournament for years but is now really good, therefore we shouldn't fire a coach who missed Hoover back to back? Newsflash: THIS LOGIC WOULD PREVENT ANY COACH FROM BEING FIRED IN ANY SPORT EVER INCLUDING MOORHEAD

The mental gymnastics people here are going through to defend the decision to keep Lemo is pathetic. Do better. Just admit "Boosters don't want to pay for it" or "Selmon has no balls" or whateverthe case is. don't come here with this weak ass logic pretending keeping Lemo is actually going to work out for us next year. We all know he's in over his head.
No one is saying he is coming back because of the LSU series. A lot of people were saying he was coming back after the Arkansas series where we looked awful. Actually a lot of people have been saying he is coming back the whole year.

Why did we not have the defense ready to go? I guess he figured his shortstop who has been known for his defense would be himself and he figured that Alford would be better. My point is he didn't just sit there and do nothing. He made changes. We have gotten a lot better overall. Same thing happened in 2021. I don't care how the defense looked against VMI. I care how it looks at the end of the year.

Not only that- you shouldn't judge a team on the most subjective baseball stat ever in fielding percentage.

You want me to tell you what the case is? How about our major baseball boosters don't want to tank our baseball program because people like you are pissed off that we had a bad season because we had a shitty pitching coach. Is that clear enough for you? Because I've spelled this out several times on multiple boards and some of our fans are either baseball ignorant or they just like to bitch to bitch. Or both.