Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lem will be back

vCash

Lem will be back

Unless he gets swept and run ruled this coming weekend, he'll be back. He saved himself this weekend.

You might disagree with it, and I might be with you, but it's where we're at.

Get a good pitching coach, hit the portal hard for pitchers, and build around our talented young core and highly ranked recruiting class.

vCash
    Fantastic news!

Let?s suck again next year and then make the move so we can transition for 2 more after

vCash
    I'm not a big dawg as many of you know- but I do hear things because I know a few people. The guys that pass me info- not one has said Lemonizik is gone fo sho. Not one. And some think he was going to get next year regardless of this weekend.

I just dont see us making a change.

Especially when our AD says he absolutely doesnt want to have to hire a baseball coach as his 1st move as AD
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-14-2023 at 07:58 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm not a big dawg as many of you know- but I do hear things because I know a few people. The guys that pass me info- not one has said Lemonizik is gone fo sho. Not one. And some think he was going to get next year regardless of this weekend.

Especially when our AD says he absolutely doesnt want to have to hire a baseball coach as his 1st move as AD
    This.

vCash
    So what would he prefer his first move to be? Hiring our first wrestling coach? Might be awhile on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    So what would he prefer his first move to be? Hiring our first wrestling coach? Might be awhile on that one.
    Dude wants to get comfortable in the job before making a Big 3 hire

vCash
    Ha. Well crap?..maybe he will be comfortable enough to do something in 2024.

vCash
    That would definitely be the Mississippi State thing to do. Sounds like Selmon is fitting in already.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    That would definitely be the Mississippi State thing to do. Sounds like Selmon is fitting in already.
    I say it doesn’t sound good if so.

vCash
    Any idea who will aid him in improving pitcher evals? I'd rather not have 7 or 8 guys who aren't SEC caliber arms on the team next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I say it doesn’t sound good if so.
    I guess reality is if the money boys doesn?t want to spend the money there?s nothing for him to do anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Any idea who will aid him in improving pitcher evals? I'd rather not have 7 or 8 guys who aren't SEC caliber arms on the team next year.
    This is my concern. I think Lemonis was genuinely surprised that we sucked and I think it must stem from the fact that he and whoever else evaluates didn’t really understand just how bad the pitching staff was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    This is my concern. I think Lemonis was genuinely surprised that we sucked and I think it must stem from the fact that he and whoever else evaluates didn’t really understand just how bad the pitching staff was.
    I mean Lemones also thought Hancock could play catcher, can't blame that one on Fox. He's just very hit or miss on his evals. Gets some studs but wastes a lot of roster spots as well

vCash

I think you are correct and I trust your insight.

But let me say this and be clear: If this AD is scared to do his job then we’ve got the wrong guy. I’m certainly not saying he should get rid of Lemonis, Jans, or Arnett. But if he is reluctant or afraid to make a big 3 hire then we’ve got the wrong guy. A real leader would have that confidence and ability the first 15 minutes he was on the job. This is a big boy league. The timid, the reluctant, the bashful need to be in the Sun Belt Conference.

vCash
    I hear ya and the point is valid. However, while our AD could 100% be right guy- expecting him to make the best hire in a realm where he has little to none experience is asking alot. He is a marketing, football guy that probably has a pulse on basketball coaches. Baseball is likely a place he is working to know his place. Dealing with agents as well as knowing the candidates. I seriously cant blame him for wanting to put off making this hire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    And while the 2 wins this weekend were great our pitching still totally sucked in 2 of the 3 games. Defense was definitely better this weekend though.

vCash
    I seriously cant blame him for wanting to put off making this hire
    I can. This is the gоddamn SEC and if he can't handle the duties of the job, he needs to turn in his resignation immediately.

vCash
    Lem improved his odds but nothing is set in stone yet. We'll see what next week holds. Lem has to prove he can hire a great pitching coach as well. That's not a given unless Chris Young is waiting. He's going to miss the SEC tournament two straight years barring a miracle.
    He had better figure out that his loyalties to players do not supersede his 17ing job to win games. He's not a great coach. I think the biggest question is whether simply making a regional is going to become our acceptable level of success. That's all Lem is going to do with his recruits IMO. The AD is wanting to pass the Buck. Disappointed in that. Money isn't a problem at all. We pay a top 5 salary. We get bottom of the SEC results.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-14-2023 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I can. This is the gоddamn SEC and if he can't handle the duties of the job, he needs to turn in his resignation immediately.
    Exactly, if he keeps Lem it better be because he's convinced it's the right move for the program. Not because "well, he just wasn't comfortable enough in the job yet to make a big hire." That's BS.

vCash

It makes a lot of sense to bring him back if you take everything into consideration with our situation.