Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lem will be back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well, the idea is that he's not a lame duck and next season we should be improved
    So you?re saying State shouldn?t expect to be an elite program - got it

State and its fans are good with mediocrity

The ole poor ol?Mississippi State mindset needs to die and die fast (not saying you have this attitude)

vCash
    This gives me Croom flashbacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    This gives me Croom flashbacks.
    I didn?t go there simply due to NC

But the past two years have been crxxmtastic

He couldn?t coach or recruit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    So you?re saying State shouldn?t expect to be an elite program - got it

State and its fans are good with mediocrity

The ole poor ol?Mississippi State mindset needs to die and die fast (not saying you have this attitude)
    Well, the guy with the only NC in our history will probably get 1 more season to see if he can get us back into the NCAA Tourney and win games. Nobody is accepting mediocrity. I've always said the expectation every season for our baseball program is to make a Super. That hasnt changed.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    Anything less than hosting a regional next year should result in his firing. After two years in a row like this, I'm done.
    Making a regional should be the floor for us every year. That is like making a bowl in football. Really should be in contention for hosting at least every year too.

Not making Hoover is like 1-11 in football. Not getting in a regional as a 4 seed is like 4-8. For a baseball program like ours, it ain't much to ask for a regional every year. The past two years are beyond acceptable regardless injuries. Programs like us should just throw another talented guy out there and make a regional.

vCash
    Well, the guy with the only NC in our history will probably get 1 more season to see if he can get us back into the NCAA Tourney and win games. Nobody is accepting mediocrity. I've always said the expectation every season for our baseball program is to make a Super. That hasnt changed.
    Yep the NC bought whoever got it a lot of coaching capital. Lemo just used all his up real quick.

Bianco now using his up. His leash might be shorter ironically because they were about to fire him last year till he won it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Actually a lot of people are, sadly.
    No they aren't. If you ask our fanbase, 99.99% will tell you making Hoover isn't the standard.

vCash
    I'm fine with it. Pitching direction will be paramount. I also think we play well this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Making a regional should be the floor for us every year. That is like making a bowl in football. Really should be in contention for hosting at least every year too.

Not making Hoover is like 1-11 in football. Not getting in a regional as a 4 seed is like 4-8. For a baseball program like ours, it ain't much to ask for a regional every year. The past two years are beyond acceptable regardless injuries. Programs like us should just throw another talented guy out there and make a regional.
    Yep. How many top #10 football programs hold on to head coaches with back to back 3-9 seasons?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    That would definitely be the Mississippi State thing to do. Sounds like Selmon is fitting in already.
    Correct. If he doesnt make the move it better not be because he wants to get comfortable first. A blind man can see what needs to be done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It makes a lot of sense to bring him back if you take everything into consideration with our situation.
    I 100 percent disagree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    If Missouri and or Georgia win 1 game next weekend, State is eliminated from SEC tourney even if State sweeps A & M. No way he should be back next year. Lemonis is the Author, Editor, and Publisher of the Horror Story. I expect significant Portal entries by key players at end of season whether he is back or not. But we need new blood at the top.
    This is the bottom line. All year long the point was make Hoover. You dont make Hoover you gotta go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No one is just OK with going to Hoover.

To me this is like when Dan went 6-7 with an Egg Bowl win and Peter Sirmon as our DC. We all knew that Dan had some success with us and we all knew that Sirmon was obviously THE problem. We all knew that Dan could turn it around with a better DC- which he did in 2017.

I feel pretty confident that Lemonis will turn it around with a new PC.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong but this team has talent to where it can be turned around pretty quickly I think.
    It?s not like that at all. The past 2 seasons are equivalent to 3-9.

vCash
    He makes a regional in 2024 and he will retain his job. We have been a 2 seed many times and gone on to make a Super
    He is done. It would be something that has never be done to come back from this. Name a head coach that fired an asst to save his ass that made it back? If he comes back I will have little faith in our admins. Keenum hates OM so much that helps his case, and I get that. But OM is terrible and we are just as bad. With no legit excuses as to why

vCash
    If we retain Lemonis, the baseline to keep his job for 2025 should be either hosting in 2024, or at least being in the hosting conversation late.

Sneaking into a Regional is OK on occasion at MSU, but not as the best of a 3-year stretch. It should be, like, the worst in a 5-year stretch or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Name a head coach that fired an asst to save his ass that made it back?
    Nick Mingione of Kentucky

7th in the East in 2019- No NCAA Tourney
    6th in the East in 2021- No NCAA Tourney
    6th in the East in 2022- No NCAA Tourney

2023? Listed as a national seed (8th in the country) currently heading in the last SEC weekend
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Nick Mingione of Kentucky

7th in the East in 2019- No NCAA Tourney
    6th in the East in 2021- No NCAA Tourney
    6th in the East in 2022- No NCAA Tourney

2023? Listed as a national seed (8th in the country) currently heading in the last SEC weekend
    Kentucky is currently #1 in the country in RPI.

vCash
    I can live with bringing Lemonis back if he?s committed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I can live with bringing back if he?s committed.
    Let me ask coach Lem if he is committed. He says YES! Buy your tickets now! ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Actually a lot of people are, sadly.
    I don't know of a single one.