Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lem will be back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Lem will be back

Unless he gets swept and run ruled this coming weekend, he'll be back. He saved himself this weekend.

You might disagree with it, and I might be with you, but it's where we're at.

Get a good pitching coach, hit the portal hard for pitchers, and build around our talented young core and highly ranked recruiting class.

vCash
    Fantastic news!

Let?s suck again next year and then make the move so we can transition for 2 more after

vCash
    I'm not a big dawg as many of you know- but I do hear things because I know a few people. The guys that pass me info- not one has said Lemonizik is gone fo sho. Not one. And some think he was going to get next year regardless of this weekend.

I just dont see us making a change.

Especially when our AD says he absolutely doesnt want to have to hire a baseball coach as his 1st move as AD
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-14-2023 at 07:58 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm not a big dawg as many of you know- but I do hear things because I know a few people. The guys that pass me info- not one has said Lemonizik is gone fo sho. Not one. And some think he was going to get next year regardless of this weekend.

Especially when our AD says he absolutely doesnt want to have to hire a baseball coach as his 1st move as AD
    I think you are correct and I trust your insight.

But let me say this and be clear: If this AD is scared to do his job then we’ve got the wrong guy. I’m certainly not saying he should get rid of Lemonis, Jans, or Arnett. But if he is reluctant or afraid to make a big 3 hire then we’ve got the wrong guy. A real leader would have that confidence and ability the first 15 minutes he was on the job. This is a big boy league. The timid, the reluctant, the bashful need to be in the Sun Belt Conference.

vCash

It makes a lot of sense to bring him back if you take everything into consideration with our situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It makes a lot of sense to bring him back if you take everything into consideration with our situation.
    Anything less than hosting a regional next year should result in his firing. After two years in a row like this, I'm done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    Anything less than hosting a regional next year should result in his firing. After two years in a row like this, I'm done.
    I'm with Sandjunky. It's pointless to bring him back at this point. He enters the season on the hot seat. If he loses a midweek game, or a weekend series to a G5 team (or below average P5 team), people will be calling for his head. He almost has to come in and have a national seed type season to quiet the calls for his firing. It's a near impossible uphill climb for him next year, and the most likely of all results is that he gets fired anyway. It would have been ok to take a step back for a couple of seasons (make Hoover, get to a regional as a 2 or 3 seed), but this isn't a step back. He destroyed the program's progress over the last decade+ in 2 short seasons. We're near all time lows for the program just 2 years removed from a national championship. That's insane.

I understand what OP is saying, and they are probably right. They are definitely right in that my opinion doesn't matter. But this clown needs to go. It won't get better. Do we have a pretty good roster right now that could be greatly improved with better pitching? Yes, definitely. But guess what, this isn't the roster we'll have next year. I bet we get some transfers out that really hurt. Our recruiting class is probably about to see some changes for the worse if we keep our Lemon. This offseason is very important, no matter what we decide coaching wise.

vCash
    He makes a regional in 2024 and he will retain his job. We have been a 2 seed many times and gone on to make a Super

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    Making a regional should be the floor for us every year. That is like making a bowl in football. Really should be in contention for hosting at least every year too.

Not making Hoover is like 1-11 in football. Not getting in a regional as a 4 seed is like 4-8. For a baseball program like ours, it ain't much to ask for a regional every year. The past two years are beyond acceptable regardless injuries. Programs like us should just throw another talented guy out there and make a regional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Making a regional should be the floor for us every year. That is like making a bowl in football. Really should be in contention for hosting at least every year too.

Not making Hoover is like 1-11 in football. Not getting in a regional as a 4 seed is like 4-8. For a baseball program like ours, it ain't much to ask for a regional every year. The past two years are beyond acceptable regardless injuries. Programs like us should just throw another talented guy out there and make a regional.
    Yep. How many top #10 football programs hold on to head coaches with back to back 3-9 seasons?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

For me it's a Super Regional. As a SEC team we have a pretty good chance of winning a regional. Especially at home. I think the last regional game we lost was 2013 to Central Arkansas. Odds are if you go to a regional you're going to be up against at least two mid majors. As bad as we may be we have won the vast majority of our OOC games. And our schedule isn't exactly a cake walk. We've beaten Arizona State, USM, Louisiana, among others.

Arrow- hosting has politics attached to it so I'm not as focused on that since we have less control over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It makes NOOOOOOO sense to bring him back!! As has been mentioned, we're paying top-level pay for rock bottom results, for two straight years no less. In what universe does that justify him getting to keep his job with practically the same results guaranteed next year. And FWIW, he's not going to be able to bring in a top-shelf pitching coach on a one-year deal as a lame duck dead man walking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    It makes NOOOOOOO sense to bring him back!! As has been mentioned, we're paying top-level pay for rock bottom results, for two straight years no less. In what universe does that justify him getting to keep his job with practically the same results guaranteed next year. And FWIW, he's not going to be able to bring in a top-shelf pitching coach on a one-year deal as a lame duck dead man walking.
    And how do you know the same results are guaranteed next year? This is just bitching to bitch. You have no clue who we are going to bring in as a pitching coach.

I mean, sure we could fire him now and pay a massive buyout which would limit what we could pay the next coach. Which you would then bitch about when we end up with some unproven assistant, a G5 up and comer, or a guy with a similar resume to Lemonis when we hired him. And at the same time run a massive risk of destroying our future recruiting classes which have some really talented players in them which I have no doubt will have seasons like we're accustomed to when they get to school. It would also greatly affect our NIL in not just baseball but other sports.

Or we could just hire a pitching coach. Worst case scenario according to you we miss the SEC Tournament again then have to fire Lemonis then. But if that happens next year we will have more money to spend to get a better coach and potentially throw a ton of money at a Vitello or a Wasikowski. May not get them- but it opens up our pool. Not to mention the whole firing a coach two years after a NC thing is not a good look whether our fans want to admit it or not. Doing it this way also insures we add more talent through recruiting.

So yes, bringing Lemonis back is very logical to anyone who understands our situation and the baseball industry. Which I believe our people with the power to make important baseball decisions have the ability to do.

vCash
    He doesn't want to hire one? Or he doesn't want to fire one?

vCash

This.

vCash
    So what would he prefer his first move to be? Hiring our first wrestling coach? Might be awhile on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    So what would he prefer his first move to be? Hiring our first wrestling coach? Might be awhile on that one.
    Dude wants to get comfortable in the job before making a Big 3 hire

vCash
    Ha. Well crap?..maybe he will be comfortable enough to do something in 2024.

vCash
    That would definitely be the Mississippi State thing to do. Sounds like Selmon is fitting in already.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    That would definitely be the Mississippi State thing to do. Sounds like Selmon is fitting in already.
    I say it doesn’t sound good if so.