Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If state wins today and two next weekend, does your opinion change about Lem?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Do we believe we have talented players and more coming in. Answer: yes.
    Do we believe if Lemo is fired we will lose more than a few. Answer: those here in the know say yes.
    Could we quickly replace those who leave with folks of the same caliber. Answer: Probably not.

It is indeed a consideration.
    I can't tell you how many times people on this board have been wrong.

I can't tell you how many times a player has said if X coach leaves, I leave, and then they stay.

If we hire a coach who can't recruit as well or better than Lemonis, we made the wrong hire.

I would reach out to 5-7 coaches, guys like Dan Heefner. If any shows return interest, make the move.

vCash
    My opinion hasn't changed. We need a new start. But the team showed they will still play for him and haven't given up. If we win 2/3 against TAMU, and make Hoover, I don't see him getting fired

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I can't tell you how many times people on this board have been wrong.

I can't tell you how many times a player has said if X coach leaves, I leave, and then they stay.

If we hire a coach who can't recruit as well or better than Lemonis, we made the wrong hire.

I would reach out to 5-7 coaches, guys like Dan Heefner. If any shows return interest, make the move.
    Certainly believe we can hire someone who can recruit. Are we ready to endure another year or two potentially if indeed we lose players and it takes a year or two to replace them.

vCash
    Missouri won today. We would have to sweep Aggies probably to have a chance.

vCash
    Do we believe we have talented players and more coming in. Answer: yes.
    Do we believe if Lemo is fired we will lose more than a few. Answer: those here in the know say yes.
    Could we quickly replace those who leave with folks of the same caliber. Answer: Probably not.

It is indeed a consideration.
    I just don't get this argument. Yes short term we may lose some guys but we're probably looking at three below par later classes that are a result of being terrible these two years and possibly next year. Nil may change but right now we can buy players. That might not be the case in three years when we're suffering from our current disaster

vCash
    And if we win 2/3 I'll be more accepting of him staying if he makes more coaching changes. As previously mentioned today was a win but huge mistakes in coaching were made. That's mistakes. Plural.

vCash
    I think Lemonis has issues at being the head guy but if you get Muscara, that?ll cover a lot of problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    And if we win 2/3 I'll be more accepting of him staying if he makes more coaching changes. As previously mentioned today was a win but huge mistakes in coaching were made. That's mistakes. Plural.
    What mistakes other than pulling Jello to quick?

Polk said it was a good idea Cheese held Led because he would have been toast at the plate.
    You play Hugesak over Chance in every situation.
    I'll cut him some slack on the Hunt call because Nixon pitched yesterday and you are wanting to hold him for closing. But I can also agree that going ahead and going to him would have been fine as well.
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-14-2023 at 07:07 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I think Lemonis has issues at being the head guy but if you get Muscara, that?ll cover a lot of problems.
    I've been critical of moves he's made since he got here. Some have worked- some make me wonder if he should even coach high school

vCash
    Much discussion about his future with valid points both ways. It's certainly not an easy decision.

Bottom line: Yes, there's a risk we lose players if we fire him. But there's a risk we lose them anyway even if he stays. I do not have a significant level of confidence he can right the ship. Make the move. And hire someone who can keep the band together a la Arnett when Leach passed away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What mistakes other than pulling Jello to quick?

Polk said it was a good idea Cheese held Led because he would have been toast at the plate.
    You play Hugesak over Chance in every situation.
    I'll cut him some slack on the Hunt call because Nixon pitched yesterday and you are wanting to hold him for closing. But I can also agree that going ahead and going to him would have been fine as well.
    Do you think that Larry should have been held as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    We won't be gettin Mascara

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We won't be gettin Mascara
    Why not? What is the scoop?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Why not? What is the scoop?
    Muscara will be getting HC interest. He ain't coming to be a pitching coach for a guy on the hot seat.

Plus we've supposedly already reached out to some top pitching coach names and been turned down.

vCash
    Much discussion about his future with valid points both ways. It's certainly not an easy decision.

Bottom line: Yes, there's a risk we lose players if we fire him. But there's a risk we lose them anyway even if he stays. I do not have a significant level of confidence he can right the ship. Make the move. And hire someone who can keep the band together a la Arnett when Leach passed away.
    The team fought for Lemonis and each other in game 2 and 3. The roster is with him now. You will still have a Landon Jordan or two that is quietly hating everyone but we need to see what happens Vs TAM.

I'm not saying Hoover or bust, I'm just thinking about winning the TAM series.

vCash
    didnt see it. Dozed off during the game for a few.

vCash

So if we turn over the roster and don't make a Regional then we are exactly where we are right now. The only way you don't let Lemo go is either you think we are going the right direction, which the last two years is a nose dive to the bottom or we don't have the buyout. One good series in two years doesn't say to me that we are going in the right direction.

I would love to sweep A&M and make Hoover then make a run to a Regional but I just don't see it happening. We still have crap pitching and one of the worst defenses in MSU 150+ year history. Hitting is mediocre and very hot and cold. What about the coaching says we should keep him?

He didn't do anything at Indiana but slightly maintain what someone else built although they weren't as good as the previous coach. We have top ten classes pretty much every year regardless.

We have very few guys that have developed under this coaching staff regardless of position but pitchers have gotten worse.

Lemo won a Natty with someone else's team. I will say he pushed all the right buttons that year but hasn't done it since.

I hope he turns it around but I just don't expect it at this point. The last two years are his teams with his recruits. It doesn't speak well of his development and recruiting when you take a program that is Super Regional pretty much at least every other year and now are fighting to get to Hoover.

Just reminding folks when Canny wasn't sexting in the dugout, he took a team with no pitching like last year and had then 7 outs from Omaha.

vCash
    Well people look at the direction of the program and see that this year's freshmen are pretty damn good and we have a top 5 recruiting class coming in next year. We get some hurt arms back and can hit the portal for more.

vCash
    That was on Larry all the way. Watch the replay he never looked at cheese he immediately went back to second
    And tagged up. By the time he broke for third was to late to send him and cheese was getting on him about it and lem too.

The minute you see an outfielders numbers you gotta go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That was on Larry all the way. Watch the replay he never looked at cheese he immediately went back to second
    And tagged up. By the time he broke for third was to late to send him and cheese was getting on him about it and lem too.

The minute you see an outfielders numbers you gotta go.
    This- thats on Larry. When the OF has his back to you? Run

Nothing Cheese can do