Saw where Bruce Pearl had contacted this guy also. So he is obviously solid
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Saw where Bruce Pearl had contacted this guy also. So he is obviously solid
    https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/sta...IWNoJG9NgHn_LQ

vCash
    I was just about to post this... good pickup, a shooter/scorer. This one came out of nowhere, nice pickup for Jans! This guy averaged 20 ppg last season at Marshall! I love this pick up!

vCash
    Yeah well maybe pump the brakes a little. We had not pulled anyone late in the game so easy to get excited about SOMETHING happening. We'll see how Sun Belt translates to SEC. Firmly in the wait and see.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Yeah well maybe pump the brakes a little. We had not pulled anyone late in the game so easy to get excited about SOMETHING happening. We'll see how Sun Belt translates to SEC. Firmly in the wait and see.
    So people shouldn’t get excited about 1 of the top guards in the portal? Cool. We don’t need him to avg 20 here we need a consistent 13-15. It’s a big time pickup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    So people shouldn’t get excited about 1 of the top guards in the portal? Cool. We don’t need him to avg 20 here we need a consistent 13-15. It’s a big time pickup.
    Just sayin' I'm not an easy lay with dinner and a margarita.

vCash
    Dude this isn't football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Dude this isn't football.
    Dude, that's profound. ****

vCash
    Geez so had we NOT gotten him you'd be bitching and raising hell. Smdh. Wait, are you my MIL???

vCash
    Jesus, Ed, lol.

vCash
    Basketball scoring transfers from every level. If they have the size and skill they can play against anyone anywhere and be successful. You see it every year in the NCAA tournament and the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Basketball scoring transfers from every level. If they have the size and skill they can play against anyone anywhere and be successful. You see it every year in the NCAA tournament and the NBA.
    Yeah. I'm sure it was his dream to play for Marshall.

And just for those who didn't pick up on it the first time. Not up or down on him at this point. Just neutral. We already have seen several come down a similar path and it did not translate at this level.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 05-14-2023 at 09:59 AM.

vCash
    You are so right, with the Sun Belt's different court, lane, and 3 point line****

If the non -power5 teams from minor conferences played the same rules as the big boys, then someone from the WAC or CUSA might do better in the postseason***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    You are so right, with the Sun Belt's different court, lane, and 3 point line****

If the non -power5 teams from minor conferences played the same rules as the big boys, then someone from the WAC or CUSA might do better in the postseason***
    I like this pick up and I think his play will benefit us, I'm predicting he will average around 10/12 ppg 3/4 apg. That being said EdwardDrayton does have a point, what a player does in the Sun Belt type conference doesn't always translate over well to a Power 5. Look at Isiaih Mosley, a kid we were after. All of his numbers were down across the board at Missouri to include his minutes. He went from averaging 20 ppg at Missouri state to 9 ppg at Missouri..

Andrew Taylor played 36.5 minutes a game which is literally almost the whole game, there were several games he did actually play all 40 minutes. He won't be asked to do that with us, I would say Jans plays him 28 to 30 mpg so his numbers won't be what they were at Marshal. But as long as he is productive, hits his open shots, free throws and plays defense he will have success

vCash
    https://youtu.be/cJ8y2ZULI-U

I've been critical of Jans recruiting but this was a huge pickup. He had offers from some good schools but chose us. He can do a little bit of everything.. I Honestly think he can be a true game changer for us

vCash
    Kentucky was trying to get him to visit…gonna go out on a limb and say this guy is pretty good.

vCash
    I typically agree with you on most things but I think this was a big pickup. He averaged 20 ppg, he won't do that in the SEC but all he needs to give us is 12 ppg and 3/4 apg.. he can do that. I love this pickup and actually think he can get more fans in the stands

vCash
    If you can?t see how this is an absolute huge pickup, then you need help. Nobody is saying he will replicate those numbers, but this guy was coveted. We talk about Jans v. Beard in recruiting? OM wanted this guy bad. Let?s go!!!