Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Taylor from Marshall commits to State/Jan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Ok and? You go enjoy potentially being right bro. I hope that brings you as much happiness and enjoyment as all of us currently have with our optimism. No one else really cares what the jaded "objectivist" thinks.

It can be 10 months from now and dude could be ass. And you could firmly say "I told you so" and no one would really care that a message board hero called him not being good. We'd "give you your props" and then move on with life, not caring one bit about you being right and rather being mad we weren't good. Life is short, so what do you have to gain from preventing yourself from having optimistic hope and enjoying the exciting things of each and every day?
    That's an interesting narrative you've concocted. False but interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Basketball scoring transfers from every level. If they have the size and skill they can play against anyone anywhere and be successful. You see it every year in the NCAA tournament and the NBA.
    Yeah. I'm sure it was his dream to play for Marshall.

And just for those who didn't pick up on it the first time. Not up or down on him at this point. Just neutral. We already have seen several come down a similar path and it did not translate at this level.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 05-14-2023 at 09:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    Eric Reed was on a bad SEMO team and wasnt wanted by many. Marshall was good last year and Taylor has heard from everyone.
    Eric Reed was just an example. There are other players with similar stories where their game didn't translate well to the big stage. That being said I love this pickup and I think his play will translate well

vCash
    OM got another 4-star transfer today. God, I hate they got such a great HC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They pony up
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They pony up
    We better too, or beard is gonna smoke us. Guess I'll up my BI for basketball

vCash
    Our moves tell me Tolu is returning unless he gets a crazy offer from another school

vCash
    Our moves tell me Tolu is returning unless he gets a crazy offer from another school
    If we bring back tolu, jans is gonna have a squad next season.

vCash
    They pony up
    We have 150,000 living alumni and Ol Missy has 120,000. We're saying they have more NIL dollars because that's not intuitive looking at the respective alumni populations.

Or are the total dollars relatively the same and they are simply allocating a larger percentage to basketball.

Or is it not money at all and Beard is better at this recruiting thing.

vCash
    We better too, or beard is gonna smoke us. Guess I'll up my BI for basketball
    Doesn't seem to make sense they have more NIL dollars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    We have 150,000 living alumni and Ol Missy has 120,000. We're saying they have more NIL dollars because that's not intuitive looking at the respective alumni populations.

Or are the total dollars relatively the same and they are simply allocating a larger percentage to basketball.

Or is it not money at all and Beard is better at this recruiting thing.
    Their donors give more than our donors. They have more people willing to give- bottom line

vCash
    Their donors give more than our donors. They have more people willing to give- bottom line
    Then why do we not reveal those numbers to our population. Betting that would be a POWERFUL motivation for our fanbase to remedy the inequity.

vCash
    As much as I hate to say it, OM got a good recruiter and coach, he brought this same type talent to Texas Tech and Texas and won. Beard will have OM in the top half of the SEC.

He just got 7'1" Moussa Cisse from OK state, hell he already got 7'5" Jamarion Moon from WKU.. they are going to be tough to score on.

Jans can do the same for us from a coaching standpoint, the recruiting has been a little shaky but I really like this recent pickup he got
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 05-14-2023 at 08:37 PM.

vCash
    Doesn't seem to make sense they have more NIL dollars.
    I've wondered the same thing. How do they have more NIL money?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Because they are the school of lawyers and doctors. Their guys write 6 and 7 figure checks. Our people by and large dont

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Just show us the numbers. There's no way our alumni will let them beat us in ANYTHING. Why does NIL seem to be conducted in a less than transparent manner. Seemingly we're supposed to accept what's happening through the grapevine of a few messengers. Not saying there's anything untoward being disseminated but I want to see for myself.

vCash
    Just show us the numbers. There's no way our alumni will let them beat us in ANYTHING. Why does NIL seem to be conducted in a less than transparent manner. Seemingly we're supposed to accept what's happening through the grapevine of a few messengers. Not saying there's anything untoward being disseminated but I want to see for myself.
    If you give 25K or more- Charlie is more than willing to give his time and let you know whats going on. Less than that and you are really wasting time.

vCash
    If you give 25K or more- Charlie is more than willing to give his time and let you know whats going on. Less than that and you are really wasting time.
    Got it. And that tells us everything we need to know. Thanks for being honest.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Ole Miss has a billionaire that likes sports.

vCash
    If we bring back tolu, jans is gonna have a squad next season.
    And the thing about this time, unlike when Howland would stack a good team, I truly believe Jans will do something with them.
    MSU = Check Collectors