Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Andrew Taylor from Marshall commits to State/Jan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Ole Miss has a billionaire that likes sports.
    Well, we have a billionaire that loves Books. So he donated a new book to the library. So we got that going for us.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Well, we have a billionaire that loves Books. So he donated a new book to the library. So we got that going for us.
    We are here to educate, but I wish our billionaires would realize that Bama is who they are because their football team wins. They have a large enrollment. They are top notch research facility. All because people and the state of Alabama likes to give money to greatness.

vCash
    OM has gotten some good transfers, and I think Beard can obviously coach, but they haven?t gotten anyone that makes me scared. The Murray guy from Georgetown has potential to be the guy, but he only averaged 13 ppg this past season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    OM has gotten some good transfers, and I think Beard can obviously coach, but they haven?t gotten anyone that makes me scared. The Murray guy from Georgetown has potential to be the guy, but he only averaged 13 ppg this past season.
    With their transfers and holding on to Brakefield, they will good. Hopefully beard is there just next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    With their transfers and holding on to Brakefield, they will good. Hopefully beard is there just next season
    I hope they don't find a PG but even if the do, I'm loving our roster. Especially if we get Sellers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I hope they don't find a PG but even if the do, I'm loving our roster. Especially if we get Sellers
    Oh I like us too. The sec is gonna be an absolute blood bath

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Sellers is a good athlete and has an good frame which helps for defense,I think that will translate to the SEC, if Jans can pull him I really like our roster for next year. We addressed offensive needs with Andrew Taylor and hopefully Sellers.. plus we have Hubbard coming in along with some JUCO transfers. Im beginning to really like our roster, especially if we can get Sellers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    We are here to educate, but I wish our billionaires would realize that Bama is who they are because their football team wins. They have a large enrollment. They are top notch research facility. All because people and the state of Alabama likes to give money to greatness.
    Other than more winning, there ain't much more at Bama that I want to be like. An overpriced education with a toxic arrogant culture. They are too big too.

MSU is growing and we are hanging on to our small school feel by a thread.

vCash
    -Moore
    -Taylor
    -Matthews
    -Jeffries
    -Tolu

-Hubbard
    -Jones Jr
    -Bell

Ton of experience if all these come back.

vCash
    This is a good pick-up for us. He wasn't on the list of top 50 players in the portal, so we'll see what kind of impact he ultimately makes. Obviously it's good for us specifically to add a quality shooter to the mix. This guy isn't an absolute dead-eye shooter, but he will help certainly.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, OM got a good recruiter and coach, he brought this same type talent to Texas Tech and Texas and won. Beard will have OM in the top half of the SEC.

He just got 7'1" Moussa Cisse from OK state, hell he already got 7'5" Jamarion Moon from WKU.. they are going to be tough to score on.

Jans can do the same for us from a coaching standpoint, the recruiting has been a little shaky but I really like this recent pickup he got
    Sharp not Moon and the jury is still out who will be eligible to play this season
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Yeah well maybe pump the brakes a little. We had not pulled anyone late in the game so easy to get excited about SOMETHING happening. We'll see how Sun Belt translates to SEC. Firmly in the wait and see.
    You are so right, with the Sun Belt's different court, lane, and 3 point line****

If the non -power5 teams from minor conferences played the same rules as the big boys, then someone from the WAC or CUSA might do better in the postseason***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We need a guy that can make an open shot. We watched it all season

This is that guy
    THIS.

Jans consistently showed he could get open looks for guys.

Look at the last possession of our season. Jans had plays that got us 3 great looks and one play with our best player driving one on one for a layup.

We need a guy that buys in on D and can hit the open look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Sharp not Moon and the jury is still out who will be eligible to play this season
    Yes, Jamarion Sharp, I don't know why I typed Moon... Moon was a guy that played at Meridian Community College years ago, I remember us recruiting him some back in the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    You are so right, with the Sun Belt's different court, lane, and 3 point line****

If the non -power5 teams from minor conferences played the same rules as the big boys, then someone from the WAC or CUSA might do better in the postseason***
    I like this pick up and I think his play will benefit us, I'm predicting he will average around 10/12 ppg 3/4 apg. That being said EdwardDrayton does have a point, what a player does in the Sun Belt type conference doesn't always translate over well to a Power 5. Look at Isiaih Mosley, a kid we were after. All of his numbers were down across the board at Missouri to include his minutes. He went from averaging 20 ppg at Missouri state to 9 ppg at Missouri..

Andrew Taylor played 36.5 minutes a game which is literally almost the whole game, there were several games he did actually play all 40 minutes. He won't be asked to do that with us, I would say Jans plays him 28 to 30 mpg so his numbers won't be what they were at Marshal. But as long as he is productive, hits his open shots, free throws and plays defense he will have success

vCash
    So, that gives us Fort, Hubbard, and Taylor as very good 3 pt. shooters. Would be nice to pick up one more, but not sure another good portal shooter will come here now that we have those 3 in the bag.

vCash
    nt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Their donors give more than our donors. They have more people willing to give- bottom line
    This is 100% correct in my opinion. All you have to do is go to Oxford and look at the esthetics of their town vs Starkville. Image is way more important to their fanbase than it is to ours. Yes, they are pretentious in a lot of ways and would rather look like they are wealthy than be wealthy. Our fanbase has always been the opposite. I love to win, but my priorities are my kid's future, not the future of some 20 year old athlete who might or might not even graduate from my university.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy1972 View Post
    This is 100% correct in my opinion. All you have to do is go to Oxford and look at the esthetics of their town vs Starkville. Image is way more important to their fanbase than it is to ours. Yes, they are pretentious in a lot of ways and would rather look like they are wealthy than be wealthy. Our fanbase has always been the opposite. I love to win, but my priorities are my kid's future, not the future of some 20 year old athlete who might or might not even graduate from my university.
    i hear ya. in the past 40 years i have spent a lot of money on MSU. since the NIL my donations are down 90%. win or lose i refuse to be held hostage by 18-year-old Primadona's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    i hear ya. in the past 40 years i have spent a lot of money on MSU. since the NIL my donations are down 90%. win or lose i refuse to be held hostage by 18-year-old Primadona's.
    I defintely understand that. I love our program, and I've been following Mississippi State since I was in Elementary school, but its just hard for me to continue paying money to these kids especially having my own children to take care of. I completely agree that they should be able to make money off of their name, image and likeness. I have no problems with that, but in my opinion those deals should come from partnerships with businesses, car dealerships, restaurants, nike, puma etc.. not that average working Joe like most casual fans are.