Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Taylor from Marshall commits to State/Jan

vCash
    https://barttorvik.com/playerstat.ph...lor&t=Marshall

Shoots, distributes and creates turnovers. Excellent pickup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Jaylin Sellers from Ball State?
    If so that could be huge too. He shot 45% from the 3 point line last year and 44% the year before.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Starting to look a lot like a Stansbury early 2000's roster. Good days are coming.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Starting to look a lot like a Stansbury early 2000's roster. Good days are coming.
    Shirley looks like Jan's Shane Power
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Yeah well maybe pump the brakes a little. We had not pulled anyone late in the game so easy to get excited about SOMETHING happening. We'll see how Sun Belt translates to SEC. Firmly in the wait and see.
    Dude this isn't football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Dude this isn't football.
    Dude, that's profound. ****

vCash
    Hail yeah
    Lets get this Ball State guy in the dog house and keep Tolu

vCash
    Dude, that's profound. ****
    Damn man. Enjoy the positive news for 5 minutes

vCash
    Yeah well maybe pump the brakes a little. We had not pulled anyone late in the game so easy to get excited about SOMETHING happening. We'll see how Sun Belt translates to SEC. Firmly in the wait and see.
    Geez so had we NOT gotten him you'd be bitching and raising hell. Smdh. Wait, are you my MIL???

vCash
    Jesus, Ed, lol.

Banned
    vCash
    People want to be right and say I told you so moreso than to be excited and happy in the moment. It's really weird

vCash
    Great pickup. Personally, I'm thrilled with the get, but I guess it's a fair point from Edward. For example, Stevenson...

2019: 12.8 ppg
    2020: 14.1 ppg
    2021: 14.6 ppg
    2022: 3.9 ppg

It is a big jump in competition from CUSA to SEC

vCash
    We need a guy that can make an open shot. We watched it all season

This is that guy
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We need a guy that can make an open shot. We watched it all season

This is that guy
    I agree. Tolu will be a handful if teams have to respect us from the perimeter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    People want to be right and say I told you so moreso than to be excited and happy in the moment. It's really weird
    Not my style. Just that we as State fans sometimes are desperate to cling to any thread of hope to be relevant again. And it can cause us not to step back and look at things a little more objectively.

Banned
    vCash
    Not my style. Just that we as State fans sometimes are desperate to cling to any thread of hope to be relevant again. And it can cause us not to step back and look at things a little more objectively.
    Ok and? You go enjoy potentially being right bro. I hope that brings you as much happiness and enjoyment as all of us currently have with our optimism. No one else really cares what the jaded "objectivist" thinks.

It can be 10 months from now and dude could be ass. And you could firmly say "I told you so" and no one would really care that a message board hero called him not being good. We'd "give you your props" and then move on with life, not caring one bit about you being right and rather being mad we weren't good. Life is short, so what do you have to gain from preventing yourself from having optimistic hope and enjoying the exciting things of each and every day?

vCash
    Basketball scoring transfers from every level. If they have the size and skill they can play against anyone anywhere and be successful. You see it every year in the NCAA tournament and the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Great pickup. Personally, I'm thrilled with the get, but I guess it's a fair point from Edward. For example, Stevenson...

2019: 12.8 ppg
    2020: 14.1 ppg
    2021: 14.6 ppg
    2022: 3.9 ppg

It is a big jump in competition from CUSA to SEC
    Good point, it also happened with Eric Reed he was a pretty good scorer before he got to State also.

I personally don't expect him to give us anything close to 20 but if he can give us around 10/12 points 3/4 assist, make open three's and hit free throws its a win for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Good point, it also happened with Eric Reed he was a pretty good scorer before he got to State also.

I personally don't expect him to give us anything close to 20 but if he can give us around 10/12 points 3/4 assist, make open three's and hit free throws its a win for us
    Just need him to make teams pay for packing their D inside around tolu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post

Eric Reed was on a bad SEMO team and wasnt wanted by many. Marshall was good last year and Taylor has heard from everyone.