Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis

vCash
    Unbelievable there is talk he might survive. If no decision has been made we are in worse shape than I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Difference in all the teams you mentioned (except OM) is they all will be playing for something while we sit at home with not much to look forward to next year.
    We will know in 5 more games, odds are slim we win another. Missouri won again tonight. So the battle is who finishes last between the two Mississippi teams.
    He needs to be gone.
    And I'm not saying you are wrong. This is a crazy position to be in right now.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I hear ya but we cant be in a bubble.

Vandy got 10 run ruled today. Indiana St beat them 10-2. Tenn and Fla also 10 runed them. They are 5th in the country
    Mississippi got 10 runed today and it wasnt their 1st

The SEC pitching ERA as a conference is over 5

Too many people are in a bubble on us it seems
    Lol now you're DEFENDING Lemones' performance?

How about this: SEC ERA may be up, but we're dead last in the conference. Vandy may get run ruled every now and then, but we ain't 5th in the country. Ole Miss may get run ruled 2st year after winning the Natty, but if they have another season like this Bianco will be gone.

The only "Bubble" here is you thinking that bringing Lemones back another year would be better for our program then getting someone like Campbell's coach.

vCash
    And I'm not saying you are wrong. This is a crazy position to be in right now.
    No doubt. I think even if Cohen was still AD he would fire Lemonis. We will know soon, I hope we win tomorrow regardless.

vCash
    I think this team needs a purge of non sec players. Especially in the pen. Lemonis is putting together talented classes like this freshman class. I honestly think it is a void in upper class men talent and leadership that had spiraled this season out of control. I know it is on the coach to fill in those spots if players don?t step up.

I don?t know. I love Lemonis, but then again I am tired of seeing Lemonis turn M over S baseball into the laughing stock of the SEC

vCash
    Yeah but apparently it's not hundreds of thousands to the NIL or we could get some better players. It's funny how great players make great coaches.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Could this season be the culmination of our topsy turvy coaching carousel between Cohen/Cann/Henderson/Lemonis?

I do not truly count last season because we had Sims and other quality pitchers, but couldn?t overcome injuries

vCash
    Here is what I know. I have never seen players in this proud program not run out balls full speed and play with intensity. DJ got pulled last week for not running a ball out and did the same shit again tonight. What Lemonis has allowed to happen to this program is not something that can be overlooked for another year. He has to go and I think the right decision will be made. The product on the field isn’t acceptable and just listening to Lemonis, he doesn’t even believe the bullshit he is saying. He knows he is defeated and doesn’t know how to lead.

vCash
    I'm really not defending Lemonizik. I just dont have the solid opinion I normally would have.

I dont think the guy has ever been that good- but shit he won it all. Thank goodness Bednar turned into Superman. You guys got on my ass for questioning him before the crash

I worry about who we can pull firing him 2 years after a Natty with Top 5 recruiting classes on board. It 100% is going to turn some candidates off. Hell, some of you seem to forget he was the HC at Indiana when we hired him. So at best- thats what we will get this time.

It's crazy we are here

vCash
    What is the record number of SEC losses in a season and does State have a chance to tie it or break it? Just wondering if there might be a way to capitalize financially on this drive to unrivaled futility!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    What is the record number of SEC losses in a season and does State have a chance to tie it or break it? Just wondering if there might be a way to capitalize financially on this drive to unrivaled futility!
    Cohen was 6-24 in 2010. Thats the low bar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    When a who's who of baseball alums go to the AD wanting change, it happens. That split C34 is talking about was real, but it shrunk big time this week.
    I heard an AD employee say money was the issue, referring specifically to getting players. My take in that, is it is an excuse.

NIL is basically brand new. We are playing with players pre-NIL. Maybe some got deals at other schools and they are better (LSU) but we are bottom of the barrel bad. There?s no chance in hell that NIL is the reason for the last two years. It?s shitty recruiting and shitty coaching.

From the highest to the lowest in a year or two. Welcome to the club Rebs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    I heard an AD employee say money was the issue, referring specifically to getting players. My take in that, is it is an excuse.

NIL is basically brand new. We are playing with players pre-NIL. Maybe some got deals at other schools and they are better (LSU) but we are bottom of the barrel bad. There?s no chance in hell that NIL is the reason for the last two years. It?s shitty recruiting and shitty coaching.

We also chose to make large investments in players who had no business being paid for this year. We spent good money of guys that have not delivered and some have hardly played. It was bad business on the NIL side from the word go.

vCash

Our money for baseball is about top 5-7 in the SEC in a given year. It's not LSU money but it's good.

vCash
    I'm really not defending Lemonizik. I just dont have the solid opinion I normally would have.

I dont think the guy has ever been that good- but shit he won it all. Thank goodness Bednar turned into Superman. You guys got on my ass for questioning him before the crash

I worry about who we can pull firing him 2 years after a Natty with Top 5 recruiting classes on board. It 100% is going to turn some candidates off. Hell, some of you seem to forget he was the HC at Indiana when we hired him. So at best- thats what we will get this time.

It's crazy we are here

It is insane we are here. And if you would’ve had me
    Place odds on this post NC, I would’ve said 1/100,000.

He’s not perpetually lazy or I wouldn’t think we’d ever won an NC, unless that class was that special. It’s so perplexing. But that coaches poll………cacao he’s knew/know something. There’s something there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weblow View Post
    We also chose to make large investments in players who had no business being paid for this year. We spent good money of guys that have not delivered and some have hardly played. It was bad business on the NIL side from the word go.
    Exactly! We wanted to keep too many guys that don't produce. But we ran off two whole classes already, so we were screwed either way. We didn't do shit with our pitching. This staff failed.

vCash
    I just cant sit here and think how people can consciously give money money to a program and this is the bullshit they produce.

vCash

The problem with the NIL argument is that there are pitchers on nearly every D1 squad that currently don't get any NIL MONEY to speak of and are better than what we currently have in the bullpen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our money for baseball is about top 5-7 in the SEC in a given year. It's not LSU money but it's good.
    Plenty to win another NC. No excuses to be honest, when you look at it holistically

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The problem with the NIL argument is that there are pitchers on nearly every D1 squad that currently don't get any NIL MONEY to speak of and are better than what we currently have in the bullpen
    That is a huge problem and pure coaching/evaluating.