Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    That is a huge problem and pure coaching/evaluating.
    Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm really not defending Lemonizik. I just dont have the solid opinion I normally would have.

I dont think the guy has ever been that good- but shit he won it all. Thank goodness Bednar turned into Superman. You guys got on my ass for questioning him before the crash

I worry about who we can pull firing him 2 years after a Natty with Top 5 recruiting classes on board. It 100% is going to turn some candidates off. Hell, some of you seem to forget he was the HC at Indiana when we hired him. So at best- thats what we will get this time.

It's crazy we are here
    I've been as critical of Lem as anyone but we're in an absolute terrible spot here. If we fire him, we will have had our 4th coach in 8 years. That is not indicative of an "elite" program and firing him 2 years post a N/C is going to turn off a lot of candidates. We're not going to end up with some marquee name like most here think. If we couldn't get the marquee name after Cann/Hendo then we darn sure aren't going to with this mess. Coaching searches seem to always be so complicated here.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Per former baseball player and now massive donor, he's heard nothing official on Lemonis getting fired, and just yesterday mentioned that he still has been told that he will be back next year.

Take it for what it's worth, but he's never missed when we discuss state athletics.

vCash
    Those Who's Who got his replacement lined up or they gonna be ok with hiring the North Florida or Campbell coach if we lucky?
    The vast majority of our fans will be happy with hiring Justin Haire at Campbell. I don't think Tim Parenton (I had to look up the name), who is a career sub-.500 coach at North Florida is a candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I think this team needs a purge of non sec players. Especially in the pen. Lemonis is putting together talented classes like this freshman class. I honestly think it is a void in upper class men talent and leadership that had spiraled this season out of control. I know it is on the coach to fill in those spots if players don?t step up.

I don?t know. I love Lemonis, but then again I am tired of seeing Lemonis turn M over S baseball into the laughing stock of the SEC
    I think they need a coach. As in someone that is a hardass on fundamentals and doesn't put up with bullshit like not running out ground balls.

We're too much into analytics but you can only use analytics when you've mastered the fundamentals of the game first.

vCash
    I'm really not defending Lemonizik. I just dont have the solid opinion I normally would have.

I dont think the guy has ever been that good- but shit he won it all. Thank goodness Bednar turned into Superman. You guys got on my ass for questioning him before the crash

I worry about who we can pull firing him 2 years after a Natty with Top 5 recruiting classes on board. It 100% is going to turn some candidates off. Hell, some of you seem to forget he was the HC at Indiana when we hired him. So at best- thats what we will get this time.

It's crazy we are here
    Oh it's going to be a mid major guy. There is no doubt about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    That is a huge problem and pure coaching/evaluating.
    More like the problem is we're nice.

vCash
    Our coach made Indiana a contender and then won a Natty.

Campbell's baseball coach has made his team the best in their conference and never made it out of a Regional.

One of these is not like the other based on resume
    Indiana was in the College World Series 2 years before Lemonis took over. Yet he never made it out of a regional.

At least get your facts straight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Oh it's going to be a mid major guy. There is no doubt about it.
    The ball needs to stop at Dan Heefner or Justin Haire and end there. There’s no reason to overcomplicate this. Go get 1 of the top 10 actual baseball coaches in the nation.

vCash
    Any of these mid major guys beat what we have in Lemonis anyway. State will recruit itself to a certain degree, so I want someone who can lead and coach.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    I could have dated the ex-girl, and did drink Bud Light, BUT NEVER AGAIN!!
    What do you drink now

vCash
    Unless we get a marquee name, I'd just as soon keep Lem for one more year. I'm not interested in some G5 up and comer. No, if we're going to let him go we need a HR hire that shows we mean business. If not, keep what we got.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    You know, it kinda me makes me wonder about something. Apparently we have some boosters willing to step to the plate to buy out coaches, etc but we can't seem to get enough NIL money. If they've got enough spare change laying around to buyout a coach they've got enough to help us secure some players with NIL.
    This is an excellent point if in fact there is a person or persons willing to stroke the check or checks to move Lemonis out the door. A check to the Bulldog Initiative of a fourth of the cost to buy the contracts of Lemonis and crew would give a tremendous boost to our baseball program. But that is Selmon's job now.

vCash
    Unless we get a marquee name, I'd just as soon keep Lem for one more year. I'm not interested in some G5 up and comer. No, if we're going to let him go we need a HR hire that shows we mean business. If not, keep what we got.
    My opinion here, but the only way we get a marquee name is if they are unhappy for some reason at their current job. Also, in most cases, marquee names are a little older. I think the sweet spot for us is a younger G5 dynamo HC or a hot shot asst. at a current power. They need to have that mix of youth and maturity of course.

That said, it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if Goat is moved up, assuming Lemonis is canned. There is alot of angst about recruiting classes falling apart and going that route would keep alot of it intact. Goat would need to channel his inner hard ass though. My concern is him being able to go from the “good guy” assistant to the “bad guy” head coach. Wouldn’t be an issue with incoming players but the current players would have to adjust.

vCash
    I want a change but idk who we would hire that would necessarily make me feel great.

We're not getting a big name like McDonnell, Tadlock, Vitello, etc. So forget that

Haire would be a risk. He's done well but it's Campbell.

I like Oregon's coach.

This is a shitty situation all the way around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    This is a shitty situation all the way around
    It most definitely is. Selmon is probably having restless nights.

vCash
    Sorry, but that's a loser mentality. There's nothing about the last 2 seasons that make me think a Lemonis-led 2024 will be any different. Even if Haire is all smoke and mirrors (I doubt a coach who wins straight conference titles and goes to 5 straight Regionals would be), it's not like he'd be any worse than Lemonis at this point. I'd rather try to get better and let the chips fall than not try to get better and then hire a new coach anyway after 1 more year of last in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    The vast majority of our fans will be happy with hiring Justin Haire at Campbell. I don't think Tim Parenton (I had to look up the name), who is a career sub-.500 coach at North Florida is a candidate.
    I just threw them in because they are a mid-major coached by an ex-Bulldog. I know we arent hiring Parenton
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Tim Parenton, I think you are better off just ending baseball at MSU. This dude has Losing conference records at both Samford and N Florida. Recruiting at those places is probably putting ads on Craigslist. Basically an older Tommy Raffo.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 05-13-2023 at 11:35 AM.

vCash

It's crazy we are here
    We won't do worse than lane Burroughs. I know that for a fact. So if lane > lemonis, we're still fine.