Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could keep Gotro or Lemonis, who you got.

vCash
    Goat is the clear answer but he isn’t without flaws either. There is a lack of communication from the coaching staff to this team. Goat is also over hitting which we are near the bottom in and infield which we are at the bottom in. I think he is an excellent recruiter who got way too comfortable after a natty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I get your point. You also wanted Jan's fired.....
    Ok this is a good one! forgot all about that epic melt!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Jake, no question. The re-hire Andy as hitting coach/cruits, then let Jake hire a pitching coach. Keep Cheese for stability. (for a year)
    I swear, Cann is never coaching here again and can't sniff a college job. I wish I would never hear Cann or Hudspeth's names again in connection with coaching here.

vCash
    Jake, no question. The re-hire Andy as hitting coach/cruits, then let Jake hire a pitching coach. Keep Cheese for stability. (for a year)
    I'm glad we are getting some laughs out of this 😂

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Since the Natty we are also playing with the recruits we got from the constant shuffle at HC. It's not a coincidence our best players have been among the portal players. Our freshman class this year is very good. And next year's is supposed to be better

and aGAIN I'll add- I'm not a big Lemonizik fan. But I will be fair to the guy. He earned that

That makes some sense and is worth giving him another shot, given there is a plan in place.

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't believe under any circumstances Cannizaro will ever coach at Mississippi State again. Believe that bridge was burnt slap up.

vCash
    I mean...

Damn.

vCash
    A few things...

I would take Gautreau over Lemonis any and every day. But Gautreau should be the hitting coach and that's if the next guy wants to keep him. Not the head coach.

Hitting coach is a thankless job. Charley Lau was the best to ever do it IMO. I know for a fact that his teams went into slumps and got shut out. Hitting is hard. It's even harder when your team has given up. I see our fans says cringeworthy crap like "well we suck against good pitching". Yeah well- no one in MLB has figured that out consistently either. But our fans expect "our approach" or something to fix it magically if it were changed when they likely don't know what the hell they're talking about to start with. But I guarantee you the vast majority of hitting coaches are pretty similar. You basically have one of three types of offenses in baseball- 3 run home run, Whitey Herzog small ball, or a combination of the two. That's it. And that's dictated by the players on your team. Really the main thing that changes is being more or less aggressive on the bases and there's pros and cons to both of that. The best thing for our offense would be a pitching staff that could throw up some zeros.

And speaking of cringeworthy I don't know why in the hell our fans keep bringing up Andy Cannizarro. Part of this is his fault because of his recruiting after year one for one thing. The other thing is he created a really unstable atmosphere for our program. The guy can't get hired by Eastern Kentucky or New Mexico State but we want him back? He couldn't even win in the Catholic league in NOLA. He was about to tank our program like Lemonis except he had Mangum AND Tanner Allen. The guy is one of the most radioactive toxic guys in baseball today. But yeah- let's go back to the good old days.**

vCash
    I was a total idiot on jans.

Lemonis is 15-40 (.273) in sec games the last 2 seasons. We've had 1 stretch that bad the last 100 years, and that was cohen's 1st 2 years. Lemonis didn't take over a rebuild like Cohen.

How bad has lemonis been the last 2 years? Rick ray was 13-41 (.241) in sec games. Lemonis' winning % is in line with Rick ray's. Our run differential in sec games this year is -114. NEGATIVE 114!!! This is an absolute train wreck.

I got emotional and jumped the gun on jans, but tell me how I'm wrong on lemonis' garbage ass. Polk had one bad season, and we got rid of the guy who built our program. Now we seem to feel we owe lemonis more string than Polk. Spit!
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-13-2023 at 06:32 AM.

Archimedes
    vCash
    What drives me crazy is a kid like Nick Monistere from Northwest Rankin who is a freshman at USM now. He?s a true dirt bagger that pitches also and we didn?t get on him till his senior year. We thought he was too small and didn?t have the size. As a true freshman he is hitting .300 and has 4.0 era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Since the Natty we are also playing with the recruits we got from the constant shuffle at HC. It's not a coincidence our best players have been among the portal players. Our freshman class this year is very good. And next year's is supposed to be better

and aGAIN I'll add- I'm not a big Lemonizik fan. But I will be fair to the guy. He earned that
    This is where I am at. I think this year is the culmination of the coaching carousel we had 5 years ago. Let Lemonis hire the best PC and throw money at pitchers in the portal. This freshman class and the next few behind it will bring us back to where we expect our baseball program to be

vCash
    This staff ran off two classes of recruits. They failed to replace them. Anyone blaming any other coach is an idiot. This HC has been here 5 damn years. The only players left from before him are Covid guys. His ass and this staff didn't sign players. Especially pitchers. And let's look at this FR class. Who other than Jordan has been good? Loo? No but potential is there. Mershon? No, but plays hard Highfill? No. But potential. Loftin? No. But potential.
    We don't develop talent. Potential here doesn't get realized.
    And Gotro? Well, his hitters are approaching the bottom of the conference in hitting now.

vCash
    We are getting our asses run out of the stadium already with coaches. Fire them all now. I say let's go without coaches. Just let them line up and play. Worst case scenario we get 10 runs ruled again. They all been playing baseball 15 years. They know what to do.

vCash
    did he recruit our pitchers?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Ho Hum, another speculation thread.
    What would you rather everyone talk about?

It's a message board man. Speculation makes up 90% of the conversation on here.

Go read one of David Murray's incoherent articles if you don't want to read speculation.

vCash
    They all got to go. What about “last place” don’t y’all understand. They all suck.last in pitching,last in hitting, last in the SEC. Shitcan them all, today. How many run ruled games does it take. The players are not even running out ground balls. They can’t tag up correctly. They drop fly balls. I have seen little teams that are more fundamental than this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    They all got to go. What about “last place” don’t y’all understand. They all suck.last in pitching,last in hitting, last in the SEC. Shitcan them all, today. How many run ruled games does it take. The players are not even running out ground balls. They can’t tag up correctly. They drop fly balls. I have seen little teams that are more fundamental than this team.
    Last ...... place. Twice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    He's garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    With 5 regular season SEC games left, we have a very good chance of being run ruled in more games than our total SEC wins this year. Not only are we losing badly from last place for two seasons, we have looked terrible losing in many games. If asked what we are doing well in any aspect of the game, what would you say?

vCash
    Delete