Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The more I think about it...if we do make the change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Gonna have to take a hard look at making GoTro the guy. My reasoning:

A) If we keep Lemon- it's going to be tough to pull a well-known PC....knowing Lemonizik is on the hottest of seats

B) Firing him 2 seasons removed from a Natty is going to limit choices in the hiring process.

C) Firing him and GoTro as well will likely cause a major roster exodus as well as harm our recruiting class. Which will make it even tougher for the next coach to rebuild.

Ya'll thought I was full of it when I mentioned Arnett back in November- and look where we are now? Just something to ponder on the next couple of weeks.
    Certainly would be ironic how Cannizaro was hired to land GoTro to the head man. . .

vCash
    I don’t understand some of y’all… “If we fire Lemonis after a NC, it is gonna hurt our chances of hiring someone good.” I don’t get this. It isn’t like we are talking about 2 seasons where we went to a regional or even Hoover for that matter. I e are going to finish DEAD ****IN LAST 2 years in a row in the SEC not to mention not sniffing a NCAA tourney. If you can’t understand why he is fired and don’t want the job because of that, so be it. We don’t want you.

We aren’t loosing a whole roster of people. We will loose a couple and maybe even a good one or 2, but we aren’t loosing the whole damn roster. IF we get a new coach, he will keep who he wants and send who he doesn’t down the road. The days of 3-4 years to be competitive are over. We can be right back in the hosting Buble Next year. We just have to hit the portal. Plain and simple. So stop thinking this is a 5-10 year rebuild. It ain’t. It is literally an off-season rebuild now days. (Look and LSU this year and A&M last year) The right coach and boom. We are back.

Please no to Gotro. I’m tired of having games where our offense just magically makes the other pitcher look like Maddux or Nolan Ryan. How many games have we been 1-3 hit for the whole game. I want the electric offense. Let him go coach Bama.

Cheese has done nothing wrong to get fired. He has a raw freshman who we knew was raw and he has improved behind the plate in my eyes a lot. The hitting is down in average, but his blocking and overall behind the plate has been a lot better. You can’t blame Hancock on Cheese. Wasn’t his fault. That’s on Lemonis or whoever decided to bring him back as a captain.

Now I don’t know if Lemonis will be fired. I’m leaning toward he won’t. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad right now. I wouldn’t mind seeing him with a damn good pitching coach to be honest, but it’s above my pay grade of course. Go out, throw big money at a pitching coach and bring him in and let him hit the portal hard. There should be very VERY few pitchers that are on this roster for next year…

vCash
    Well, if you purge GoTro- you will probably lose 3 and 4 in the order. That would mean losing 2, 3, 4, maybe 5, 6 should be given no choice to return, 7, and 8 in the batting order going into next season. Thats replacing alot
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Nice troll job by Coach34.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Kinda what I was thinking.

vCash
    I happen to agree w a bunch of what he said. Not that I'm right either. But it's not a troll job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I happen to agree w a bunch of what he said. Not that I'm right either. But it's not a troll job.
    Our fanbase is in such denial right now its crazy.

Our last search ended with us taking our 7th choice. We hired the f'ing coach from Indiana. We gonna fire a guy 2 years after a Natty and multiple arm injuries. Coaches arent f'ing stupid
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-10-2023 at 07:57 PM.

vCash
    and I'll add this- 50% of the time prospective coaches talk to the coach that was just fired to get his side of the story. Coaches know each other and talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Our fanbase is in such denial right now its crazy.

Our last search ended with us taking our 7th choice. We hired the f'ing coach from Indiana. We gonna fire a guy 2 years after a Natty and multiple arm injuries. Coaches arent f'ing stupid
    You realize we're two years from a natty? That wasn't the case when we hired Lemon Juice. He won it so quickly and easily, that any coach, whose goal it is to win a natty, would crawl on crushed glass to get here. Now there are certainly college baseball coaches who care more about job security than nattys, but that's not who we want, we want a coach with the singular focus of winning a natty. With our resources, atmosphere, support and recent history, we are probably the third-best job in college baseball for a coach wanting to win it all (behind LSU and Vandy). This wasn't the case the last time we had a coaching search. The natty changed everything.

It's criminal that Polk didn't stack up championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah it's a low key troll job. We aren't hiring GoTro as our next head coach. He doesn't think we are getting a top tier guy (I agree) so he's throwing out GoTro's name to get a message board reaction.
    Last edited by HoopsDawg; 05-10-2023 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    1) We should and will fire Lemo.

(2) We can have any coaches we want. We pay as well as anyone, have unparalleled facilities, have the best and largest fanbase and a strong legacy. Any coach that does not want the job will have personal reasons for staying where they are that have nothing to do with us. Except maybe for the schools if they have children.

(3) We have the ability to keep any player(s) we choose.

(4) Unlike football and basketball, we are college baseball royalty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    You realize we're two years from a natty? That wasn't the case when we hired Lemon Juice. He won it so quickly and easily, that any coach, whose goal it is to win a natty, would crawl on crushed glass to get here. Now there are certainly college baseball coaches who care more about job security than nattys, but that's not who we want, we want a coach with the singular focus of winning a natty. With our resources, atmosphere, support and recent history, we are probably the third-best job in college baseball for a coach wanting to win it all (behind LSU and Vandy). This wasn't the case the last time we had a coaching search. The natty changed everything.

It's criminal that Polk didn't stack up championships.
    Third best job?? Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    1) We should and will fire Lemo.

(2) We can have any coaches we want. We pay as well as anyone, have unparalleled facilities, have the best and largest fanbase and a strong legacy. Any coach that does not want the job will have personal reasons for staying where they are that have nothing to do with us. Except maybe for the schools if they have children.

(3) We have the ability to keep any player(s) we choose.

(4) Unlike football and basketball, we are college baseball royalty.
    Look I'm on the fence of keeping him or not. But you're living in fantasy land. 2- already been proven wrong. 3- we will lose some this year that will prove that statement badly incorrect. 4- in your eyes.

vCash
    Yeah it's a low key troll job. We aren't hiring GoTro as our next head coach. He doesn't think we are getting a top tier guy (I agree) so he's throwing out GoTro's name to get a message board reaction.
    I don't think we will hire goat either. But it's not out of this world.

vCash
    If we get desperate enough to hire Jake, just take Scott Berry from usm
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-10-2023 at 09:07 PM.

vCash
    The same guy that told us no way we were firing Lemonis all year is now saying who we will/won?t hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we get desperate enough to hire Jake, just take Scott Betty from usm
    I don't think we hire goat either. Just that I've heard crazier. That's all. Players do like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    The same guy that told us no way we were firing Lemonis all year is now saying who we will/won?t hire.
    Go back and read his OP. Don't think he said we were firing lem. And don't think he said we were hiring goat. Maybe I missed all that.

vCash
    If we going with an assistant, get Wes Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we going with an assistant, get Wes Johnson
    Terrible. MiniMe is not a HC