Lem staying
    Gotro to Bama HC
    Hiring new pc & hitting
    all are determined I think but I don?t have names
    We will regret losing Gotro imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    We will regret losing Gotro imo
    Well if Gotro has a chance to be a HC in the SEC we are going to lose him regardless. The question would be why would we think Lem has any idea how to right this ship with a couple of new assistants?

vCash
    Who thinks Lemo has the ability to properly evaluate prospects? Why is he needed if he expects his assistants to do these things?

vCash
    The firing a coach two years removed from a national championship is going to be the biggest obstacle. The college baseball coaching world is a lot closer knit community than football or basketball and these guys talk. A lot of coaches are not going to be keen on one bad year equating the hot seat and two bad years meaning you are fired. We will have to overpay for any good coach unless Butch wants to take the discount of all hometown discounts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The firing a coach two years removed from a national championship is going to be the biggest obstacle. The college baseball coaching world is a lot closer knit community than football or basketball and these guys talk. A lot of coaches are not going to be keen on one bad year equating the hot seat and two bad years meaning you are fired. We will have to overpay for any good coach unless Butch wants to take the discount of all hometown discounts.
    I think this is BS, kinda. What competitive coach is looking at lemonis making mega bucks, and says man, I don't see why they (with the best stadium in college baseball and great fans that support) expect more than a less than 30% winning percentage in conference play. Some up-and-comer would walk 1000 miles uphill to get paid like a boss to coach here. Sure, the old guys that are comfortable won't come, but there are a shit load of guys that can do better than what we've saw the last 2 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think this is BS, kinda. What competitive coach is looking at lemonis making mega bucks, and says man, I don't see why they (with the best stadium in college baseball and great fans that support) expect more than a less than 30% winning percentage in conference play. Some up-and-comer would walk 1000 miles uphill to get paid like a boss to coach here. Sure, the old guys that are comfortable won't come, but there are a shit load of guys that can do better than what we've saw the last 2 years
    ***COULD*** do better. It is a crapshoot outside of about 5-6 guys. And we HAVE to get this hire right. I have soured a bit on Haire. I would love to see Nate Thompson get a look.

vCash
    There are two types of coaches. Those who been fired and those who are going to get fired. If you don't win you get fired. I am pretty sure coaches know that no matter where they coach. SEC baseball is high stake baseball. You have to win, and two consecutive suck ass seasons should get you fired. Maybe if you have been there ten plus years and always won you cut a little slack, but he inherited a great situation, won because of that situation and he benefited from it. Now the situation is all on him. There are coaches out there who look at what we have and say to themselves, "Give me a chance I can win." This bullshit argument you can't fire a coach after two seasons because it will scare coaches away is stupid. The same ones who arguing to keep him because of that are the same one who argued to fire Moorhead after two winning seasons.

He has to go and go now! It is continuing to get worse not better. No improvement. Nothing. Fire his ass today.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 05-13-2023 at 12:33 PM.

vCash
    Exactly. There are plenty of coaches who would be happy to take this job. Worst case scenario, we come in last again in 2024 like we have the last 2 years.

vCash
    If a coach is too scared to take our job, it's probably for the best that we don't hire him.

vCash
    100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    There are two types of coaches. Those who been fired and those who are going to get fired. If you don't win you get fired. I am pretty sure coaches know that no matter where they coach. SEC baseball is high stake baseball. You have to win, and two consecutive suck ass seasons should get you fired. Maybe if you have been there ten plus years and always won you cut a little slack, but he inherited a great situation, won because of that situation and he benefited from it. Now the situation is all on him. There are coaches out there who look at what we have and say to themselves, "Give me a chance I can win." This bullshit argument you can't fire a coach after two seasons because it will scare coaches away is stupid. The same ones who arguing to keep him because of that are the same one who argued to fire Moorhead after two winning seasons.

He has to go and go now! It is continuing to get worse not better. No improvement. Nothing. Fire his ass today.
    I want to fire him and I wanted to fire Joe. I actually wanted to fire them a year earlier than everyone else did. I just think folks need to temper their expectations. There are a lot of coaches that would love to come into this situation. That list thins tremendously when you take out the coaches that we would have no interest in. I would imagine our list would be about 4-5 guys and people would be happy with 1-2 of those

vCash
    ***COULD*** do better. It is a crapshoot outside of about 5-6 guys. And we HAVE to get this hire right. I have soured a bit on Haire. I would love to see Nate Thompson get a look.
    This 2 year stretch is as bad as we've been, ever. Cohen was at same level, but he came in to a rebuild

ETA: BTW, I said "can", not "could"
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-13-2023 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    I want to fire him and I wanted to fire Joe. I actually wanted to fire them a year earlier than everyone else did. I just think folks need to temper their expectations. There are a lot of coaches that would love to come into this situation. That list thins tremendously when you take out the coaches that we would have no interest in. I would imagine our list would be about 4-5 guys and people would be happy with 1-2 of those
    As long as the number is at least 1 we're all good.

vCash
    This. Cohen shot off his big month and didn't deliver a big name coach he alluded to and we ended up with Lemonis who was quickly in over his head.

vCash
    You know I wasn't for firing Joe for the same reason folks don't want to fire the current baseball coach, but I was wrong. You can do better and not hurt the image of Miss State athletics. Coaches will want to come here. All of them know you have to win to keep your job. They know that going in. In case of Jo we won in spike of him with a loaded roster. He should have won way more games and he let discipline lapse and the program was on the wrong road. What is worst about baseball they are not on the wrong road they are on the wrong AutoBahn with pedal to the metal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    You know I wasn't for firing Joe for the same reason folks don't want to fire the current baseball coach, but I was wrong. You can do better and not hurt the image of Miss State athletics. Coaches will want to come here. All of them know you have to win to keep your job. They know that going in. In case of Jo we won in spike of him with a loaded roster. He should have won way more games and he let discipline lapse and the program was on the wrong road. What is worst about baseball they are not on the wrong road they are on the wrong AutoBahn with pedal to the metal.
    Yep I agree. Money, our fans, stadium and now days the community is more attractive for safety compared to lot of other cities or towns. Totally ridiculous reading some of the things saying we can't get a good Coach. I could give a rats ass if he comes from some high profile program. There are several dozen good coaches waiting for the opportunity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Exactly. There are plenty of coaches who would be happy to take this job. Worst case scenario, we come in last again in 2024 like we have the last 2 years.
    There are plenty. All of which will be similar in resume to Lem was when we hired him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There are plenty. All of which will be similar in resume to Lem was when we hired him.
    Worst case - we finish last in sec like lemonis will do until he's gone

vCash
    Odds are about 90% that anyone we hire with a really good resume will do better. First, you can't really do worse than last in the SEC and an overall losing record for 2 years in a row. Second, this will be the first time we've ever had to let a coach go due to abysmal performance on the field all the way back to Paul Gregory. Polk II was the closest we've been to something like this but it still wasn't nearly this bad and we weren't going to fire Ron Polk even if he hadn't retired because well, he's Ron Polk. If a coach uses the BS excuse that we should have put up with a 3rd abysmal year from Lemonis before we had the right to make a move then I don't want him anyway because he obviously doesn't grasp the value MSU puts on its college baseball program.