Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Pitching rotation this weekend

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    5,972
    vCash
    55927

    Pitching rotation this weekend

    I would pitch Parker Stinett on Friday and bump everybody else back. Lol. Let them have the game against skeens and pitch to win games two and three. Their bullpen is almost as bad as ours.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,675
    vCash
    427176943
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I would pitch Parker Stinett on Friday and bump everybody else back. Lol. Let them have the game against skeens and pitch to win games two and three. Their bullpen is almost as bad as ours.
    "So you are saying there us a chance"

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,262
    vCash
    3350
    Agreed, they're pen is not good.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,106
    vCash
    3700
    Cade should have been pitching on Sundays

  5. #5
    Senior Member TNDawg35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,588
    vCash
    3000
    I watch just about every game they have played, (dad is a big fan) Their pen is really bad and to be honest, Skenes is the only one they have and he is even starting to throw a lot of pitches.

    Now the bad news… They can RAKE and we have no pitching. Stinnett is throwing tonight, so I would throw literally anyone against them Friday night cause we ain’t winning that game. Save Cade for Sat and Gartman for Sun. Let Lo piggy back off one or the other.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,390
    vCash
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I would pitch Parker Stinett on Friday and bump everybody else back. Lol. Let them have the game against skeens and pitch to win games two and three. Their bullpen is almost as bad as ours.
    This should have been done last year after Sims went down and continued into this year.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    5,972
    vCash
    55927
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    This should have been done last year after Sims went down and continued into this year.
    We don't have enough pitching to spread good pitchers over three days. I don't understand why we don't sacrifice fridays and go after games two and three

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,903
    vCash
    3100
    LSU gonna send some balls out of the Box.

    Our best pitchers that actually throw strikes also serve up lots of dingers.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,262
    vCash
    3350
    Tigers just hit back to back to back homers vs Northwestern. Expect stuff like that in all 3 of our games.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    40,049
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I would pitch Parker Stinett on Friday and bump everybody else back. Lol. Let them have the game against skeens and pitch to win games two and three. Their bullpen is almost as bad as ours.
    Great minds think alike.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    40,049
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I watch just about every game they have played, (dad is a big fan) Their pen is really bad and to be honest, Skenes is the only one they have and he is even starting to throw a lot of pitches.

    Now the bad news… They can RAKE and we have no pitching. Stinnett is throwing tonight, so I would throw literally anyone against them Friday night cause we ain’t winning that game. Save Cade for Sat and Gartman for Sun. Let Lo piggy back off one or the other.
    I would start Loo instead of Gartman. Gartman looked like he might be hurt to me.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,404
    vCash
    3000
    I suggest starting Lane Forsythe on Friday against Skenes. But borrow one of the softball teams head cages to protect his face.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,702
    vCash
    3621
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I suggest starting Lane Forsythe on Friday against Skenes. But borrow one of the softball teams head cages to protect his face.
    You are joking, but shows how trashed out this program is today. Can't even compete over 3 games in a weekend series anymore.

    This is probably how Austin Peay thinks when they play an SEC team.

    Which pitcher is better in May than he was in February? Who's improved? KC Hunt is +10 ERA senior, a 5th year senior.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,199
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    You are joking, but shows how trashed out this program is today. Can't even compete over 3 games in a weekend series anymore.

    This is probably how Austin Peay thinks when they play an SEC team.

    Which pitcher is better in May than he was in February? Who's improved? KC Hunt is +10 ERA senior, a 5th year senior.
    Alabama and auburn did it the last two weeks. But point taken

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,007
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Alabama and auburn did it the last two weeks. But point taken
    And it worked Auburn, they basically conceded the Friday game but then won the next two.

    We aren?t as good as Auburn, but point remains.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,566
    vCash
    52714
    Our fans are relegated to conceding games in hopes of winning a game in a season that's going nowhere. So sad to see how far we've fallen under this staff.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Fairhope, AL
    Posts
    4,497
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our fans are relegated to conceding games in hopes of winning a game in a season that's going nowhere. So sad to see how far we've fallen under this staff.
    It's like we made a deal at the Crossroads. Two years of giving the devil his due.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    5,972
    vCash
    55927
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    It's like we made a deal at the Crossroads. Two years of giving the devil his due.
    Hopefully only two years

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,043
    vCash
    2610
    When Lemon said we have arms that could have helped us this year but we didn't use them due to roster limitations, who was he referring to?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    40,049
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    When Lemon said we have arms that could have helped us this year but we didn't use them due to roster limitations, who was he referring to?
    35 man roster limit most likely. Maybe referring to Auger and Simmons who we redshirted because they wouldn't be 100% this year which is the right move.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.