Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Lemonis' message to his team:

vCash

Chris Lemonis' message to his team:

"If it's for now, if it's for tomorrow, if it's for the future, I'm going to come in and coach you as hard as I can and try to make you a better player. Hopefully, during this you can become a better player and have a learning experience."

Sounds like he knows. There's a part of him that will always be a part of us, so I hope that fans are respectful to him going forward. I feel like he will learn from this and be a better coach in the future. I wish him nothing but the best unless it's against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    "If it's for now, if it's for tomorrow, if it's for the future, I'm going to come in and coach you as hard as I can and try to make you a better player. Hopefully, during this you can become a better player and have a learning experience."

Sounds like he knows. There's a part of him that will always be a part of us, so I hope that fans are respectful to him going forward. I feel like he will learn from this and be a better coach in the future. I wish him nothing but the best unless it's against us.
    It's got to happen and it's time, but damn if I don't feel sick about it.

vCash
    Watching the presser, it seemed to me like he was talking about players who won't be here much longer, not himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It's got to happen and it's time, but damn if I don't feel sick about it.
    Same here man

vCash
    Almost strange now that we once discussed how Lemonis could be our coach for the next decade or 2 and how stable the program could be. Man, what a fall from grace.

vCash
    Too late now Bucket Man. Had a whole off season to get better after 2021. But for 2022, he Kept Fox, collected more head case pitchers, and even paid limited NIL to keep guys like Stinnett in the program

So the "#2 ranked" recruiting class in the nation could not make the team even one win-better, still last in the SEC.

Seems he talking about going Coach Prime on the players. He may not be self aware enough to know that he is the one that sucks. A coach is not a program, just an employee.

vCash
    We could go 3-3 in our last 6; I know it will not happen; and that would only match our 9-21 SEC Record from last year. And incredibly, if Ole Miss and Missouri go 2-4 each, State would still make Hoover.

vCash
    He knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Too late now Bucket Man. Had a whole off season to get better after 2021. But for 2022, he Kept Fox, collected more head case pitchers, and even paid limited NIL to keep guys like Stinnett in the program

So the "#2 ranked" recruiting class in the nation could not make the team even one win-better, still last in the SEC.

Seems he talking about going Coach Prime on the players. He may not be self aware enough to know that he is the one that sucks. A coach is not a program, just an employee.
    Yep, I hate it because he really seems to be a good dude, but he has just done a piss poor job the last 2 seasons to a point of our program becoming a joke. If we had just fallen ro middle of the SEC pack or even slightly below he would have been given more time but no way should a program with our fan support and tradition put up with just being a punching bag for the rest of the conference in back to back seasons with no real hope of things getting righted next year. He and his staff have literally destroyed one of the top programs in the country.

vCash
    Stevie Robertson said something about a meeting tomorrow with Selmon. He didn't say who with though. Could only be one person, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    Stevie Robertson said something about a meeting tomorrow with Selmon. He didn't say who with though. Could only be one person, right?
    Steve just getting clicks

vCash
    Steve said he is going to interview Selmon. Part of it is asking about the baseball program.

Really doubt Selmon is going to fire anyone through a Genespage interview.

vCash
    Lem: Guys I've got a bucket full of ideas to turn this around. I've been sitting on a few things.

vCash
    Steve said that he was meeting with Selmon to interview him about his vision for athletics. So he would ask him about a variety of topics (fundraising, NIL, facilities, individual sports, for example). So it’s an interview and then an article. It’s not Lemonis related, although baseball will be one of the topics. There is more misinformation about Steve on this board it’s crazy. Selmon is new and Steve wants to interview him for an article for his readers. That’s it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Lem: Guys I've got a bucket full of ideas to turn this around. I've been sitting on a few things.
    Best post of the entire basrball season right here!

vCash
    In the interview Lemonis also said that he was aware that fans thought he keeps pitchers in too long. He must read ED!**** Sadly, he also said he was having issues determining when to pull them. This from a SEC HC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    In the interview Lemonis also said that he was aware that fans thought he keeps pitchers in too long. He must read ED!**** Sadly, he also said he was having issues determining when to pull them. This from a SEC HC.
    If that is true??.good gosh, he should give this years salary back.

vCash
    Hesitancy on who to pull when is largely because we have zero confidence in anybody in our pen.
    I can understand that.
    The Gartman situation is a no brainer most every week. But when to pull others is tougher.

vCash
    That?s why I liked Henderson so much. He would pull a pitcher in a heartbeat. Foxy was so much different, and I guess that?s why I was against him, and for good reason I suppose. I just favor the pull ??em quick philosophy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterDog View Post
    That?s why I liked Henderson so much. He would pull a pitcher in a heartbeat. Foxy was so much different, and I guess that?s why I was against him, and for good reason I suppose. I just favor the pull ??em quick philosophy.
    What Henderson accomplished in 2017 with only 1/4 a pitching staff and then with a two man coaching show was masterful work. I confess that I did not appreciate Henderson enough.

Went a Super in 2017 with converted field players acting as pitchers and a grab bag recruiting class to replace 3/4 of the expected SEC staff. Then in 2018 - head coached, pitch coached, and endured Cohen taking dumba$$ nonsense about his "next" coach, even has Henderson was 1 game short of a championship series.