Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I'm telling you now...

vCash
    Scott Berry, from all indications is easing toward retirement (he isn’t a young guy anymore) with Ostrander taking over. Can we please stop talking about them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I'm quite confident that we could pull almost any non-P5 head coach as long as we aren't going up against another P5 school to get him. The only exception would be someone who's really established and just doesn't want to leave for anywhere.
    That eliminates Dallas Baptist and East Carolina for sure. So yeah- We will be looking to hire from nobody schools.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Its comical some of these replies. Henderson is 61 years old. Has a job with no expectations. Got fired at Kentucky. Coaches ALWAYS ask about the previous guy. Always. And in the SEC- they already know about the previous guy.

What bothers me is people just blow off the fact that on our last hire- we were turned down multiple times and had to hire Indiana's HC. Coming off CWS appearances. Cohen didnt mess up any search- he hired someone highly recommended that would take the job.
    We absolutely could have gotten Schloss last go round. That I know.

People seem to forget how we were all scared to death Cohen would give Henderson the full-time job. He wasn't even a great pitching coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    We absolutely could have gotten Schloss last go round. That I know.

People seem to forget how we were all scared to death Cohen would give Henderson the full-time job. He wasn't even a great pitching coach.
    Yes but he wasnt willing to wait until the season was over to take the job because TCU had him on a deadline for their contract. We had told him he was the guy- so the fact he wouldnt wait tells me he wasnt that serious about leaving then. All he had to do was wait until after the CWS and he was our coach. So why didnt he wait????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He wasn't even a great pitching coach.
    Henderson is twice the pitching coach Fox is. The people that got better under Henderson dwarfs Fox. Girodo's transformation was a ******* miracle

vCash
    Henderson is twice the pitching coach Fox is. The people that got better under Henderson dwarfs Fox. Girodo's transformation was a ******* miracle
    Not messing with you Coach, but the Girodo Miracle was Butch. The other Butch miracle was Lindgren.

The Henderson miracle was how he maxed out Cole Gordon, Riley Self, Spencer Price, Payton Plumlee, and had Jake Mangum into a Saturday-Ready state. Then Jake punches a wall with his pitching hand.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 05-09-2023 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Not messing with you Coach, but the Girodo Miracle was Butch. The other Butch miracle was Lindgren.

The Henderson miracle was how Maxed out Cole Gordon, Riley Self, Spencer Price, Payton Plumlee, and had Jake Mangum into a Saturday-Ready state. Then Jake punches a wall with his pitching hand.
    my bad- mixed up years.

But my point still stands.

If Scloss wanted to be the HC at State he would be. He knew he was our pick but wouldnt wait until after the CWS to accept the position. He took TCU's contract extension instead. He wasnt serious about being our HC

vCash
    I feel like a Henderson troll saying this - but the man lost his Kentucky job after a 15-15 season. He finished 4th in the East that year.

Man, would it be nice to be 500 at MSU these days.

Seeing as how MSU is keeping Lemonis and he will Deon the program and start from Zero - plus the transfer-out of the kids not interested in a Dead Last Hattrick. He may not win +10 games until 2025.

vCash
    Still nobody is explaining to me how Schloss isn’t the HC since he wanted it so much. Why would he not wait until after the CWS when he knew he was guy? I’ll tell you why why- he was playing us to get more money at TCU. That’s why our ass hired the guy coaching at Indians.

And when we fire the ex-Indiana coach after he won a Natty- we gonna be hiring the North Florida or La Tech coach next

vCash
    Still nobody is explaining to me how Schloss isn’t the HC since he wanted it so much. Why would he not wait until after the CWS when he knew he was guy? I’ll tell you why why- he was playing us to get more money at TCU. That’s why our ass hired the guy coaching at Indians.

And when we fire the ex-Indiana coach after he won a Natty- we gonna be hiring the North Florida or La Tech coach next
    Because after TCU pressured him Schloss then pressured Cohen into making a decision while we were still playing in Omaha. Which pissed off Cohen. So Cohen nixed it and then went back after McDonnell. Who turned it down and suggested we hire Lemonis.

vCash
    That eliminates Dallas Baptist and East Carolina for sure. So yeah- We will be looking to hire from nobody schools.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a PAC 12 coach like Mark Wasikowski from Oregon.

Similar to LSU ending up with Jay Johnson from Arizona.

PAC 12 is a really good baseball league but doesn't have SEC support.

The SEC, ACC, and Big 12 are the big baseball leagues probably in that order. So getting a guy from an ACC or Big 12 school likely isn't going to happen.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure we could pry Campbell's coach away from them, assuming that there isn't another P5 school with deeper pockets AND a willingness to use those deeper pockets on baseball who snatches him away from us. Central Michigan's coach is another that would very likely take our job.

I think both of them would have us almost always in a Regional and hosting somewhat regularly. I literally could not care less whether our next coach comes from a "nobody" school or a "somebody" school and long and he's good, and all evidence suggests both of those are.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 05-10-2023 at 12:37 AM.

vCash
    I'm sure we can find a good coach. But I can assure you there will people that say no thanks at way lesser jobs due to the fact we are canning a guy two years removed from a natty. Still don't believe it's anywhere near 100% that lem is gone.

vCash
    It doesn't have to be a "blue blood" HC or a top D1, I don't understand all the talk that we can't find a good coach at any level or division. It's just getting the right fit. Purcell seems to be a great example although its still early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Because after TCU pressured him Schloss then pressured Cohen into making a decision while we were still playing in Omaha. Which pissed off Cohen. So Cohen nixed it and then went back after McDonnell. Who turned it down and suggested we hire Lemonis.
    That doesnt really make sense. If he was our guy- all Cohen had to say was "I'm announcing you after the CWS out of respect to Henderson"

If Schloss wanted the job- he would have said- ok.

See how easy that is?

vCash
    I felt like Schloss was interested last go round but I have no idea. But he was coming off like 4 consecutive CWS trips he had all the bargaining chips. Maybe he kicked the tires with Cohen but ultimately just decided he wanted to try to win a natty at TCU.

Still agree that we won't be having to worry about hiring a head coach this offseason anyway.

vCash
    Its comical some of these replies. Henderson is 61 years old. Has a job with no expectations. Got fired at Kentucky. Coaches ALWAYS ask about the previous guy. Always. And in the SEC- they already know about the previous guy.

What bothers me is people just blow off the fact that on our last hire- we were turned down multiple times and had to hire Indiana's HC. Coming off CWS appearances. Cohen didnt mess up any search- he hired someone highly recommended that would take the job.
    I understand your point, and your reasoning. You're probably right. But it's always dangerous to deal in absolutes (remember when hiring Howland was a "pipe dream"?). While it's fair to say it's unlikely that we'll pull a big name from a current P5 or G5 head coach...never say never. Maybe we'll get lucky and be surprised.

vCash
    If they do fire Lemonis, then his replacement will likely not be a big name guy but for different reasons that are being said here. It has more to do with the fact that long tenured coaches like Dan McDonnell and Brian O?Connor have no interest in leaving their current jobs.

When you get to the mid major guys, Justin Haire and Cliff Godwin aren?t choosing Alabama over Mississippi State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    If they do fire Lemonis, then his replacement will likely not be a big name guy but for different reasons that are being said here. It has more to do with the fact that long tenured coaches like Dan McDonnell and Brian O?Connor have no interest in leaving their current jobs.

When you get to the mid major guys, Justin Haire and Cliff Godwin aren?t choosing Alabama over Mississippi State.
    Those reasons have. Wen mentioned. Over and over.

vCash

Agree.
    I will say though, if we make a move the worst we would do is lane Burroughs. We at least wouldn't be soft anymore