Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm telling you now...

vCash
    He did great with someone else's recruits and now struggles with his own recruits. He is at the bottom of the SEC standings with a clear plan to in fact stay there. If this is what MSU baseball now desires to be, then keep him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    A guy I know who talks to the money guys:

“It’s going to cost $6MM to fire them. Good luck finding that”
    So what's the price the following year...$4MM? I guess we're stuck with this crew until their contract runs out.

vCash
    that's a parting gift for winning a natty with cann and hendo's players. bye bye

vCash
    What was Joe Mo’s buyout?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    What's clear is that the MSU program is not foolproof. I started to think it was after Cohen-Cann-Henderson-Lemonis all took us Super Regionals.
    A young man named Jake Mangum says hi. He was on all these teams. Shows what a special group of guys Mangum, Cole Gordon, TA, Rowdey, and MacNamee where.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    This has been my thought all along. I never thought he would get fired. Firing the pitching coach gets you another year. Next year is the year that Lemonis will have his head on the line. We won a natty less than 24 months ago.
    If he stays, hope Selmon can negotiate a much better buyout. It may be needed during or after the 2024 season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    If he stays, hope Selmon can negotiate a much better buyout. It may be needed during or after the 2024 season.
    If it's not enough our championship program is two years bottom dwelling, now we're too poor to boot the people that unbelievably made that happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Yes, let's hope so. If I was Lemonis, after putting this proud program at the very bottom of the conference for 2 straight years right after 3 straight trips to Omaha, I would be too embarrassed to expect a full buyout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yes, let's hope so. If I was Lemonis, after putting this proud program at the very bottom of the conference for 2 straight years right after 3 straight trips to Omaha, I would be too embarrassed to expect a full buyout.
    Hey, how 'bout don't sign contracts we can't afford to buy out?!!?

vCash
    He'll deal with the embarrassment while the teller deposits the full buyout.

vCash
    Really, umm no. It will be a full or negotiated buyout but will damn sure not be a bargain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    He'll deal with the embarrassment while the teller deposits the full buyout.
    These guaranteed contracts that have no tie at all to how you perform are for the birds.

vCash
    Nobody is going to accept less. We are very unlikely to pay $6MM in dead money in a Biden economy. Plus more to get a new staff.

Lemon has a Top 10 recruiting class and that will likely save him
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    These guaranteed contracts that have no tie at all to how you perform are for the birds.
    2 Losing seasons should be a breezy of duty in any contract and if a coach isn't willing to be confident enough for that not to happen, than he ain't our guy.

vCash
    Guys I will just be completely honest with you. I do not know if there is a quick fix to this. We are as bad culturally as we have been since the beginning of Cohen. I am afraid we are almost going to have to completely purge this roster outside of 3 or 4 guys. This is beginning to look like a 2-3 year rebuild at the earliest. As much as I know it is going to sink us for the next 2 years I think we need to go ahead and pull the plug on this before it gets worse. Because while we are very near the bottom I do not think we’ve hit rock bottom yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Guys I will just be completely honest with you. I do not know if there is a quick fix to this. We are as bad culturally as we have been since the beginning of Cohen. I am afraid we are almost going to have to completely purge this roster outside of 3 or 4 guys. This is beginning to look like a 2-3 year rebuild at the earliest. As much as I know it is going to sink us for the next 2 years I think we need to go ahead and pull the plug on this before it gets worse. Because while we are very near the bottom I do not think we’ve hit rock bottom yet.
    Explain the problems with this team's culture

vCash
    Explain the problems with this team's culture
    We have no leadership and in the words of Julius Campbell, Attitude reflects leadership. As far back as I can remember we have had 3 or 4 clubhouse leaders on our teams. Whether that be a Will Clark, a Tommy Raffo, a Travis Chapman, a Mitch Moreland, a Conner Powers, a Hunter Renfroe, a Manniscalco, or hell even a Brooks Bryan
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 05-06-2023 at 09:33 PM.

vCash
    We have no leadership and in the words of Julius Campbell, Attitude reflects leadership.
    We hustle
    We dive for balls
    We congratulate guys for good plays
    We pay attention to coaching signals
    Yes- we do dumb shit

The culture isnt bad except that Alford should be run off. Pitching is this team's problem. Got to fix it

vCash
    We hustle
    We dive for balls
    We congratulate guys for good plays
    We pay attention to coaching signals
    Yes- we do dumb shit

The culture isnt bad except that Alford should be run off. Pitching is this team's problem. Got to fix it
    We also run into each other in the outfield
    Run into each other in the infield
    Have no clue how to lay off a breaking ball
    And yes, we do dumb shit.

Do agree that Alford needs to go but our problems are far beyond just pitching.

vCash
    We also run into each other in the outfield
    Run into each other in the infield
    Have no clue how to lay off a breaking ball
    And yes, we do dumb shit.

Do agree that Alford needs to go but our problems are far beyond just pitching.
    other teams do that shit too- other teams do not have a top 10 recruiting class