Thread: Basketball transfer

vCash

Basketball transfer

Martavious Russell is in the portal now. That is 3 spots currently available now and maybe more depending on Tolu and a couple other guys decisions.... Russell has alot of upside, very humble kid too he will be really good one day for someone... I hope Jans has is working hard in the portal, I have a gut feeling we may lose another guy or two also, no inside information just a gut feeling

vCash
    Speaking of transfers, why did Denae Carter leave? Did she just want to be closer to home? See where she signed with Villanova.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 05-04-2023 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Speaking of transfers, why did Denae Carter leave? Did she just want to be closer to home? See where she signed with Villanova.
    That one was unexpected, but she is from Philadelphia so I'm assuming she wanted to be closer to home. Speaking of women's basketball Purcell just got another top 20 portal player in Darionme Roger's, she in another All Big East player who averaged 16.8 ppg last season. Purcell is killing in the portal and high school rankings with a top 20 signing class there too

vCash
    Purcell is crootin'

Jans is being patient while we wait for Tolu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Purcell is crootin'

We waiting to see if he comes around with a strong 3 point shot?!!? ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    We waiting to see if he comes around with a strong 3 point shot?!!? ****
    Lol exactly! I know he is waiting on Tolu but there are other spots available right now that Jans needs to fill soon before all the good players are gone, 3 point shooting/scoring are two huge needs of ours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Purcell is crootin'

Yes Purcell is! He will have our girls back in the mix this year

vCash
    Purcell seems like he has done a great job with recruiting and exceeded my expectations last year. Both basketball coaches appear to be good hires. I think Jans might have his hands tied with NIL issues. Selmon needs to clean up Cohens mess with that fast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Purcell seems like he has done a great job with recruiting and exceeded my expectations last year. Both basketball coaches appear to be good hires. I think Jans might have his hands tied with NIL issues. Selmon needs to clean up Cohens mess with that fast
    Agreed they were both really good hires. Purcell surprised me with his floor coaching as well because we worried about that. His recruiting is top notch though, he is bringing in major talent. He went and pulled two All Big East girls, they were two of the top players in the Big East... thats tough to do, plus we are in the mix for Arkansas transfer Bynum who is a 6'2 athletic type similar in stature and movement to a Rickea Jackson...

Jans is a top defensive coach in the nation, I'd love to see what he could do with a true 2 way player who plays both ends well. Getting Hubbard was good, it's tough relying on a Freshman though but I think his future is bright.. Im hoping Jans can go get us a proven high major player or 2, if he can do that I can see us making a deep run in the tourney because I'm that confident in his coaching. I'm a little worried about his recruiting though, how is NIL holding him back other than Tolu?