Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baseball problem--could it be a culture thing?

vCash

baseball problem--could it be a culture thing?

a red flag to me is a $hitty Vol forearms our 1st baseman and not 1 player responded. what a bunch of pussies. We have a soft team and soft Coaches. I have heard our practices are soft and fundamentals aren't a big deal. We need to clean house. no question--just do it.

vCash
    We may have a culture problem but not responding to someone forearming us is not the reason. I've been the biggest proponent of being the Bad Boys and playing with so much swagger it borderlines on arrogance, but why would we respond in that type of situation? So our player could get thrown out and get suspended for a game? Personally, I'd prefer all our players be available for games.....we need everyone available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We may have a culture problem but not responding to someone forearming us is not the reason. I've been the biggest proponent of being the Bad Boys and playing with so much swagger it borderlines on arrogance, but why would we respond in that type of situation? So our player could get thrown out and get suspended for a game? Personally, I'd prefer all our players be available for games.....we need everyone available.
    I agree with you, but there are times to explode and respond to an incident like that. That incident would've been the time. Many times you'll see teams come together after a fight, manager/player getting tossed arguing, etc. In a season like this someone needs to show some life.

vCash
    Well we could at least drill him in the back his next time up

vCash
    Bad culture, locker room cancers, etc. can hurt you in any sport. Hell, look how a locker room cancer like Dee Bost spiraled our basketball program. Culture and fit do matter.

vCash
    Dude--17 everyone available---we need to not let dickheads push us around. make a statement. I don't care if everyone on our team gets thrown out of the game. make a statement that MSU doesn't put up with that bush league shit.

vCash
    Remember the SC Series. There should've been at least 2 bench clearings that series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Dude--17 everyone available---we need to not let dickheads push us around. make a statement. I don't care if everyone on our team gets thrown out of the game. make a statement that MSU doesn't put up with that bush league shit.
    ^*this

At minimum, there should have been an intense discussion between the 2 players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Well I guess we wouldn't get run ruled at that point.

vCash
    No doubt we should have sent Tn a message with a few fastballs at least under a few chins!

vCash
    Miss the Bench Mobb. "The 2nd b is silent".

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Played 1st and had a guy bump me on purpose as he came by. I caught the ball from SS and then spun and drilled the runner in the back with the ball. Homey dont play that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Played 1st and had a guy bump me on purpose as he came by. I caught the ball from SS and then spun and drilled the runner in the back with the ball. Homey dont play that
    I got run over and bumped into several times over the years there but I don't think any were intentional though. On the other hand, I was the asshole when they got on. Being LH gave me the perfect opportunity to catch the pickoff throw in the web and in one motion slap the hell out of the front of their thigh or knee with the ball. I'm guessing a few throws over and me doing that may have taken a step from them.
    Last edited by Mjoelner34; 05-03-2023 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I got run over and bumped into several times over the years there but I don't think any were intentional though. On the other hand, I was the asshole when they got on. Being LH gave me the perfect opportunity to catch the pickoff throw in the web and in one motion slap the hell out of the front of their thigh or knee with the ball. I'm guessing a few throws over and me doing that may have taken a step from them.
    The guy had done it on purpose to me is why I reacted. I was a 9th grader and he was a Jr or Sr...made noises earlier in the game when running to first. Ump and 1st base coach separated us.

ISeenIt on here was a lefty who would pound guys at 1st on pitcher picks. He had people wanting to kill him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    No doubt we should have sent Tn a message with a few fastballs at least under a few chins!
    Or as Will C calls it "buzz the tower"!! LOL!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Now that's a home movie clip we'd love to see!!! LOL!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Bad culture, locker room cancers, etc. can hurt you in any sport. Hell, look how a locker room cancer like Dee Bost spiraled our basketball program. Culture and fit do matter.
    FINALLY, someone who Knows the real problem wasn't Sidney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Remember the SC Series. There should've been at least 2 bench clearings that series.
    Yes I agree. It's time we get a bench mob again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    FINALLY, someone who Knows the real problem wasn't Sidney.
    They were both cancers. When you have to send a player to Texas for his addictions and he doesn’t travel to play with the team? That’s a problem. Let’s don’t try to re-write history here

vCash
    What was his addiction again?
    I have forgotten.