Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitching Coach Hot Board- Version 1.0

vCash

Pitching Coach Hot Board- Version 1.0

Time to fire it up!!!

1. Corey Muscara (Wake Forest)- I think this is the guy everyone has circled for the better part of a month. He would be an incredible hire. Has worked wonders at Wake since he's been there and was very good at Maryland and St Johns before that.

2. Josh McDonald (UCONN)- Has been with Jim Penders at UCONN a very long time but is regarded as one of the best pitching coaches in all of baseball. Coached AA's in 6 of the last 7 seasons.

3. Brady Kirkpatrick (Duke)- First year at Duke and has lowered the team ERA from 5.89 to 3.60. Was at FAU before that and they pitched it well last year.

4. Nate Yeskie (A&M)- It will probably take a big time offer to get him but if you could get him he's the grand slam hire. He's probably not as realistic as the first 3 but outside of Wes he is probably the best pitching coach in college baseball.

5. Drew Dickinson (UVA)- Has been with UVA for 4 years and the last 3 years his staff has a 3.67 team ERA. We saw up close and personal how effective his pitchers were in 21 and if it wasn't for just a special group of seniors we lose that game.

6. Christian Ostrander (USM)- A lot of people wanted to go get him last year. Has always had a great starting rotation at USM and would be able to recruit even higher quality guys here. He's going to be tough to pull though because a lot down in Hattiesburg seem to think he's content to wait on Berry to retire.

I know I left off plenty of names, but this was just my initial list. Add whoever you want and I'll add them to the list.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 05-01-2023 at 02:37 PM.

vCash
    Ostrander at USM would get a call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Ostrander at USM would get a call
    Yea thought of him after I posted. I'll add him.

vCash
    I would love Yeskie, but he's probably happy at College Station... plus they can pay him well enough to make him one of the highest paid assistants in the game.

vCash
    Aggie is 13th in pitching, ahead of only us.
    Sec games only.

vCash
    Bert Stare knows who the next one will be after May 21st*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Aggie is 13th in pitching, ahead of only us.
    Sec games only.
    While that's correct it's a bit misleading. Their Team ERA in conference play is 7.51. Ours is 9.82. They are closer to 5th than we are to 13th

vCash
    Go all out on Muscara. What does he make at Wake? Double it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    While that's correct it's a bit misleading. Their Team ERA in conference play is 7.51. Ours is 9.82. They are closer to 5th than we are to 13th
    Lol leave it to State fans to try to justify hiring a buy with terrible numbers to replace the guy we fired because of his terrible numbers
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 05-01-2023 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Lol leave it to State fans to try and justify hiring a buy with terrible numbers to replace the guy we fired because of his terrible numbers
    Yeskie has over a decade of great numbers. I'd happily take the risk.

vCash
    7.51 is horrible. The only reason they aren't last is because we are historically bad.
    They are 13 in era.
    13 in walks.
    12 in batting average against.
    14 in wild pitches.
    11 in hbp.

Their staff sucks.

vCash
    I hear ya. But Could you have said the same thing about foxhall going into last year?

vCash
    7.51 is horrible. The only reason they aren't last is because we are historically bad.
    They are 13 in era.
    13 in walks.
    12 in batting average against.
    14 in wild pitches.
    11 in hbp.

Their staff sucks.
    I'll still take my chances with Yeskie. He's been regarded as one of the top 3 pitching coaches in the country for the last decade.

vCash
    And Fox won national coach of the year 2 years ago and was very well thought of when we hired him.

Coaches come and go. The game evolves. If he can't succeed with a proven HC like Schloss with all the NIL and name recognition of A&M I don't want him here.

vCash
    I hear ya. But Could you have said the same thing about foxhall going into last year?
    No. Yeskie has a longer track record. Foxhall saved his career at NC State. He wasn't great when he was at Auburn and rolled on previous recruiting talent when he got NC State. He was hired because Lemonis knew him from their time in the Charleston area. Lemonis tried to hire Nate Yeskie the first time

vCash
    I'll still take my chances with Yeskie. He's been regarded as one of the top 3 pitching coaches in the country for the last decade.
    I agree he's been very highly regarded.

Don't think we could pull him anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    And Fox won national coach of the year 2 years ago and was very well thought of when we hired him.

Coaches come and go. The game evolves. If he can't succeed with a proven HC like Schloss with all the NIL and name recognition of A&M I don't want him here.

Their team ERA last year was a 4.68. Their team ERA this year is 5.62. They're having a tough year in SEC play. It happens. I'll still take 13 years of stats that prove that this year is an anomaly.

vCash
    I agree he's been very highly regarded.

Don't think we could pull him anyway.

Oh it's a moot point. We're not getting him. We probably aren't getting the guy at Wake either. I'd go after the guy at UCONN and then fall back to Ostrander.

vCash
    No. Yeskie has a longer track record. Foxhall saved his career at NC State. He wasn't great when he was at Auburn and rolled on previous recruiting talent when he got NC State. He was hired because Lemonis knew him from their time in the Charleston area. Lemonis tried to hire Nate Yeskie the first time
    So before 2022, foxhall's previous 7 seasons were really really good. Look to be better than Yeskie's statistically.