Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Candidate list

vCash

Candidate list

I think it is getting pretty close to an appropriate time to start a legitimate list of realistic candidates. At this point, the only possible reason Lemonis survives are the optics of firing a coach that won a title 2 years ago and the recruiting classes he has lined up. We will see what happens but people are pretty salty and I don?t see a positive end to the season coming.

That said, who is on the list of realistic candidates?

vCash
    Butch

vCash
    I think he's back, especially if he fires Fox.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Only way I could see him leaving Auburn would be him not liking Cohen. There is absolutely no reason we can't hire a good Coach. It could be an assistant or lower division school, but we have everything needed to get a good one.

vCash
    Agree
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think next season is Lemonis, GoTro, Cheese, and a new pitching coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Yuup

Archimedes
    vCash
    Jay Powell had a great post of Twitter yesterday about todays pitching coaches.

vCash
    Have any of you checked with the new AD and told him what you think he should do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Have any of you checked with the new AD and told him what you think he should do.
    Well, since he works for us.... I don't see why not.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I'm ok with that, as long it's a totally different pitching philosophy than what we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm ok with that, as long it's a totally different pitching philosophy than what we have.
    I'm not. Firing Fox fixes the pitching, but that's it. The leagues worst defense? Lemo and GoTro. Not pursuing a transfer catcher because Hancock could handle it? Lemo and Cheese. A team culture that laid down and died at the end of last season (what was it, 14 straight SEC loses?)? Lemo. A team that laid down and died this weekend, even letting Hines get tackled without a fight? Lemo.

Fix the pitching coach and we may be good enough to make a Regional, but I don't think we can build a Omaha caliber team with this culture and non pitching flaws.

vCash
    Lemo returning and Foxhall getting fired is my prediction. I’m not sure I feel that is the best way to go, but I think that is how it will play out. My concern is the ability for Lemonis to find a quality pitching coach when his leash will be shorter than pretty much any coach in the conference. I don’t have any type of TV streaming or packages outside of YouTube TV so I rarely watch baseball games. A big concern I have seen fans on here say is that players and laughing and smiling in games we have big leads. That to me is even a bigger concern than Lemons w/l record this year. It shows signs of Moorheadish behavior. Once that starts, it’s hard to repair and if this truly is happening Lemonis needs to go ASAP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I don't see how this is acceptable to anyone!! Lemonis will not, I repeat NOT, be able to attract interest from and hire a quality pitching coach when Lemo has the guillotine hanging over his neck and waiting to drop after one more sub-par season. Thinking a change of just the pitching coach will fix MSU baseball is sheer folly!! This will carry over into recruiting as well - whether HS or transfer portal. A lame-duck coach will not be able to recruit either playing talent or quality assistant coaches. It's just like a football coach working on a 1-yr. contract; he's a short-timer and everyone out there knows it. It's time for a new baseball regime at MSU!!

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    I don't see how this is acceptable to anyone!! Lemonis will not, I repeat NOT, be able to attract interest from and hire a quality pitching coach when Lemo has the guillotine hanging over his neck and waiting to drop after one more sub-par season. Thinking a change of just the pitching coach will fix MSU baseball is sheer folly!! This will carry over into recruiting as well - whether HS or transfer portal. A lame-duck coach will not be able to recruit either playing talent or quality assistant coaches. It's just like a football coach working on a 1-yr. contract; he's a short-timer and everyone out there knows it. It's time for a new baseball regime at MSU!!
    Yes he will. It might cost us a two or three year contract. But what we pay our baseball assistants is top 10 in the country.

vCash
    And he will probably improve a tad over this year. Meaning he gets even another year and we're stuck with crap baseball for 4 straight years.

vCash
    But what pitching coach would come here, as it most likely could be a lame duck situation?

vCash
    Don't look now but Ole Dixie and Missouri are one game back from us. Not getting in Sec Tourney may cost Lemonis his job this year. Oh how times have changed. I can't recall being in the bottom two years straight, matter of fact I can't recall finishing at the bottom but maybe in RP 2 era.

vCash
    You cannot keep this staff if you miss Hoover. Simple as that.

vCash
    Missouri plays Ole Dixie next weekend. We got Arkansas. Who wins 2 games next weekend besides Arkansas.