Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, Football Season now.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Well, Football Season now.

Can?t watch baseball anymore.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Always the best time of the year for State sports fans when we look forward to a new sports season. Hope abounds.

vCash
    Wait til Next Year!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Wait til Next Year!!!!
    The Mantra of State Fans the world over!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    The Mantra of State Fans the world over!!
    Still got my shirt Coast Rat dog gave me in 1978. Also got the Lets win Something Today.

vCash
    And then there is the War Cry

Pass the ammunition and Go To Hell Ole Miss!

We still their Daddy!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    And then there is the War Cry

Pass the ammunition and Go To Hell Ole Miss!

We still their Daddy!!!
    There are times that I really dislike being from this state. The tallest dwarf, sharpest simpleton 50th or 49th etc etc etc. Last or second from the last is still shat and now TX and OU are coming in the league. We haven?t been shown the door yet but we do have our hat and coat. Until the this mentality changes things will not change for our school or it?s athletic programs.

vCash
    Hard for some of you to realize that as long as State is last or near last in funding the school's teams will finish near or at the bottom in standings and results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Hard for some of you to realize that as long as State is last or near last in funding the school's teams will finish near or at the bottom in standings and results.
    The only programs that are willing to spend on club ball are LSU, MSU, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Arkansas and A&M. MSU can easily be #2 behind LSU.

Vandy has some magical secret of success with absolutely no fan support. Put UT, Auburn, and Florida at or maybe a tier below them. They may be spending money but how long can that be sustained when you don?t even put 3k in the seats on a regular basis? The rest of the league is about the same in attendance and give a crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    The only programs that are willing to spend on club ball are LSU, MSU, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Arkansas and A&M. MSU can easily be #2 behind LSU.

Vandy has some magical secret of success with absolutely no fan support. Put UT, Auburn, and Florida at or maybe a tier below them. They may be spending money but how long can that be sustained when you don?t even put 3k in the seats on a regular basis? The rest of the league is about the same in attendance and give a crap.
    This line of thinking is outdated, fan support has nothing to do with it in the NIL era. This is now pay for play period and the schools with $$$ have the advantage. For us this is an untenable situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    This line of thinking is outdated, fan support has nothing to do with it in the NIL era. This is now pay for play period and the schools with $$$ have the advantage. For us this is an untenable situation.
    Exactly. Other than the occasional decent season and basketball tourney or regional or a mid tier Bowl Game, State fans need to live with the fact that mediocrity will be the only attainable goal. If our newest benefactors had just earmarked 15 mil of their 100 mil donation to athletics we would at least be in the game with the mid tier SEC programs. Am I glad that the University got the $100 mil donation? Absolutely.

vCash
    With the way we are recruiting so far under the new staff we better enjoy this season while we have all these super seniors, because with Texas and Oklahoma coming in, 6 wins a year will be a scrap if we don't pick it up.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Exactly. A seasoned professional on the end of his career may take less money for a better shot at a ring, but this is college; these are kids who have never had money and have no guarantee they will EVER get a big contract. So they make business decisions and I can't blame them one bit. We either pony up, abandon non baseball sports to concentrate what we have, or watch every desired portal guy get taken by someone with deeper pockets. HS recruiting for baseball doesn't seem NIL dependent yet, and the Portal still has good guys the money schools don't catch (Ledbetter). But the sure fire guys like Skenes or Tommy Tanks? We won't get them without $$$

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    With the way we are recruiting so far under the new staff we better enjoy this season while we have all these super seniors, because with Texas and Oklahoma coming in, 6 wins a year will be a scrap if we don't pick it up.
    Interesting you say that because I'd say recruiting is the ONLY thing Lemo is good at. Mershon, Jurrangelo, a stud portal guy or 2 a year etc. It's coaching defense, team culture, and pitching coaching/management that suck

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Exactly. We give 1 million, aTm gives 10. Every single 3 star player in the country is looking for big money to come to every school. I know, because my nephew is one of them right now. First question before the depth chart is NIL money. And that is the same for every single player that is good enough to make a difference.

No reason to even give money when our billionaires refuse to pony up. We just got 100 million. 20 of that should have been for football only. 20 more million for basketball. 20 million for baseball. We could have invested all of that and used the return to fund our ongoing NIL deals for every position on every team.

vCash
    We should be an 8-9 win team in football. New HC. Getting rid of a boring offense. Lots of reasons to be excited about the Fall.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Exactly. We give 1 million, aTm gives 10. Every single 3 star player in the country is looking for big money to come to every school. I know, because my nephew is one of them right now. First question before the depth chart is NIL money. And that is the same for every single player that is good enough to make a difference.

No reason to even give money when our billionaires refuse to pony up. We just got 100 million. 20 of that should have been for football only. 20 more million for basketball. 20 million for baseball. We could have invested all of that and used the return to fund our ongoing NIL deals for every position on every team.
    Was that money only for academics? I mean, I can't tell someone what to do with their money, but I can definitely tell them that they are dumbasses for what they do with it. Did they not earmark any of that donation to sports at all?

vCash
    I was talking strictly baseball. Crowd size does matter. Unless Florida, UT, or Auburn win natties consistently, their donors arent going to continue to pour crazy $$ into those programs when they cant draw 3k per game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    I was talking strictly baseball. Crowd size does matter. Unless Florida, UT, or Auburn win natties consistently, their donors arent going to continue to pour crazy $$ into those programs when they cant draw 3k per game.
    It is just kinda pathetic that we as an alumni and fan base don?t get it. Why things are the way they are and our situation is an untenable one because if the situation doesn?t change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Was that money only for academics? I mean, I can't tell someone what to do with their money, but I can definitely tell them that they are dumbasses for what they do with it. Did they not earmark any of that donation to sports at all?
    From what I understood it’s for scholarships only.