Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas is out recruiting MSU in our own state!

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    They're willing to help. They just have to have an actual plan together that will help. These guys want to know their money is going to something worthwhile and not something thrown together in 5 minutes like The Legacy Group. A couple of those guys you mentioned already donate to NIL.
    SOME are willing to help, a lot are not. One major donor told me he won't give another dollar to anything NIL related because "it's a waste of money," and I agree. Nobody knows what or where their dollars are going, and honestly, my limited funds are not going to be donated to some random NIL deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Not really, don't think he cares.
    Yeah, he's not a state fan....he's a money fan and an astros fan.

Such a small percentage of state graduates are at a level to make donations that make a difference. We would need to have massive participation from the middle class of graduates, which we don't have and won't have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    All of us GenX'rs, the ones donating most of the money, are fast losing interest in college sports because of NIL and transfer portal. The only hope I see, is that I know 100% that this isn't sustainable, so when it all crashes down, it will be re-configured in a way that draws people back. Which would mean more competitive.
    I wouldn't bet on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    It's not over.
    I don't believe they have any desire to change it up. That's why they've changed it to the way it is. The system wants the middle and lower tier programs to essentially disintegrate. They want an orbit of blueblood brands playing each other every week. Most TV viewers, maximum exposure, biggest NIL budgets, biggest alumni bases, outrageous contracts...biggest and most everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    SOME are willing to help, a lot are not. One major donor told me he won't give another dollar to anything NIL related because "it's a waste of money," and I agree. Nobody knows what or where their dollars are going, and honestly, my limited funds are not going to be donated to some random NIL deal...
    Then do not ever complain if we lose a game, recruit, coach, etc. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. You have chosen the former and that is completely within your rights. It is your money and you can spend it however you see fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I don't believe they have any desire to change it up. That's why they've changed it to the way it is. The system wants the middle and lower tier programs to essentially disintegrate. They want an orbit of blueblood brands playing each other every week. Most TV viewers, maximum exposure, biggest NIL budgets, biggest alumni bases, outrageous contracts...biggest and most everything.
    I agree, mostly. The decision makers of college football don't care about the middle of the pack P5s and G5s. It is all about TV ratings and TV contracts.

I don't believe the decision makers and TV purposely want the middle-lower schools to go away. I think the ncaa and school presidents and etc see the current situation....
    1. The players are getting paid.
    2. TV contracts are going up.
    3. Alabama OHSt USC are still doing just fine and have No problems with nil.

Therefore it is a good situation for those With power.

The only way out of this situation for middle P5s and G5s is for Alabama Oh St USC etc to get greedy and ask for their own individual tv contracts. Then the conferences lose the money and disband and a great reset occurs. Hopefully all that happens with the next round of tv negotiations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    Alot of people feel that way.

For me, I would rather my dollars go to something that will help a lot of people, NOT purchase a kid to win a game. It's a line to far for me. For example, we gave a scholarship. Another, was to elderly help.

I want MSU to succeed. I do. But at what "cost" is literally the question now.

vCash
    Then do not ever complain if we lose a game, recruit, coach, etc. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. You have chosen the former and that is completely within your rights. It is your money and you can spend it however you see fit.
    I will. I have earned that right. The solution is to change it. It's not your "either or" framing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I agree, mostly. The decision makers of college football don't care about the middle of the pack P5s and G5s. It is all about TV ratings and TV contracts.

I don't believe the decision makers and TV purposely want the middle-lower schools to go away. I think the ncaa and school presidents and etc see the current situation....
    1. The players are getting paid.
    2. TV contracts are going up.
    3. Alabama OHSt USC are still doing just fine and have No problems with nil.

Therefore it is a good situation for those With power.

The only way out of this situation for middle P5s and G5s is for Alabama Oh St USC etc to get greedy and ask for their own individual tv contracts. Then the conferences lose the money and disband and a great reset occurs. Hopefully all that happens with the next round of tv negotiations.
    Or people demand change by not going with NIL. It will force a reset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Or people demand change by not going with NIL. It will force a reset.
    That's just not a reality. Too many people are more than willing to pay players and courts have upheld that monies generated are too much to ignore players being able to make money on their NIL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it.
    Which part?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That's just not a reality. Too many people are more than willing to pay players and courts have upheld that monies generated are too much to ignore players being able to make money on their NIL.
    I get it. The reality has shifted. The college sports world is in need of a reset. That's not going to happen either. It will begin to see viewership drop off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    This is correct. The genie is out of the bottle now. This is what college sports are now. Adapt or die
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I can not fathom who thought this was the way! If we are changing styles, fine. But put the money into the staff. We are allow Sam friggin PITTBOSS to beat us in our OWN state..

Bama, Auburn, UGA.. OUR own back yard... 4 star RB from West Point to FLORIDA!!! Now PITTBOSS!!! That's down right embarrassing.
    No, you are allowing Wal-Mart money to beat you !

vCash
    I will. I have earned that right. The solution is to change it. It's not your "either or" framing.
    How have you earned that right? You are doing nothing to address the situation and you could. The cat is out of the bag with NIL. It is NEVER going back. And hell, everyone needs to stop acting like paying players was not going on long before NIL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    No, you are allowing Wal-Mart money to beat you !
    Wal-Mart. Jb Hunt. Tyson....etc etc

vCash
    How have you earned that right? You are doing nothing to address the situation and you could. The cat is out of the bag with NIL. It is NEVER going back. And hell, everyone needs to stop acting like paying players was not going on long before NIL.
    Gave my money! That's how. No sir. The amount that is now going out the door and windows is no where near the same or our recruiting would not be suffering.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You have earned the right to complain about the system. If you are not giving to NIL, you certainly have not earned the right to criticize our coaching staff and recruiting efforts.

vCash
    You're exactly right. I spend enough money with Mississippi State, and don't care to spend anymore. I've been through enough to "qualify" myself as a fan with emotional investment. My immediately family has 7 degrees from Mississippi State, we own real estate there, still have family that live there. We've done plenty.

They seem to consistently have a knack at pissing away opportunities, so I feel as if my earned money is better spent elsewhere.

But for what it's worth, we're not giving money to my wife's alma mater (USC) either. We're an "equal opportunity non-NIL-donator"

vCash
    Paying players is true. But there was no portal back then. The transfer portal screws things up to me. Who wants to pay a player only to possibly watch him leave the next year for another big pay day. If players want to be paid, then maybe they should sign contracts. If they leave early, they only get paid for time served. Just spitballing but something needs to be done. I only think the portal is good for guys who can’t see the field and just looking for another opportunity.