Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis getting thrown out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He's the first one I thought of. I was talking with another poster about this the other day and we talked about Joe Torre. Highly successful but I'm not sure if he ever said a word, lol.
    https://youtu.be/TGZUKHtW7vg
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    He's the first one I thought of. I was talking with another poster about this the other day and we talked about Joe Torre. Highly successful but I'm not sure if he ever said a word, lol.
    Torre was considered a bust as a manager until he went to the Yankees.

I think he may be similar in style to Lemonis in that he's great with a team that doesn't need a lot of managing. In New York he had Jeter, Posada, Pettitte, Mariano, Wade Boggs, David Cone, etc.

I think that's the crux of Lemonis's problems. He's probably too hands off and he trusts his guys too much. That's fine with Mangum, Ethan Small, Tanner Allen, and Landon Sims. But he's too slow to make changes and he needs to step in and at least take away in game pitching change decisions from Foxhall at the very least. And before anyone says it- yeah Foxhall is gone anyway.

vCash
    This and I don't get why people think this is wrong. Coaches can be successful with any personality type as long as they make it work for them. There have been plenty of successful reserved, cerebral type coaches just like there have been a bunch of succesful fiery, intense type coaches. Coaches are not cookie cutters and it's not one size fits all.

I know most on here won't believe this but Lemonis does hate losing.
    A lot of our fans want a coach to act like Polk or Cohen did with umpires.

vCash
    And then our fans will be mad because the new coach says four letter words too much.

And bunt isn't one of the four letter words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And then our fans will be mad because the new coach says four letter words too much.

That's a four letter word that I can't stand.

vCash
    it pays dividends in some cases but goes totally against the me me type players who are all in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I would have had Holcombe drill his ass with a 95 mph plus heater his next at bat, but that's also why I don't coach baseball.
    Right ..... in ....... his ........ ear hole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

The only way to win with fans is to win. If you're to intense and lose then your just mean, if you're to quiet and lose then your to soft, lol. Just win baby!

vCash
    That was hilarious!

vCash
    Was anything ever said as to why Loo didn't throw left handed any last night? Has he decided to focus on righty since he has more velocity from that side?

vCash
    Was anything ever said as to why Loo didn't throw left handed any last night? Has he decided to focus on righty since he has more velocity from that side?
    They mentioned it takes him twice as long to warm up before the game, his left arm gets cold sometimes when he doesn't throw to leftyies as often, during warmups between innings he would have to split pitches between both arms, and that he sometimes loses focus when switching. Also his stuff is pretty average from the left side. I can understand this. When he gets to pro ball they were gonna put him on just the right side so might as well get used to it now. I mean he can still do it if needed.

vCash
    We left a small village on last night.
    And we've left a city on this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    And we've left a city on this season.
    lol, you got that right! I keep waiting for us to bust out but it just hasnt happened. We keep putting ourselves in position to score runs and just can't get it done.

vCash
    lol, you got that right! I keep waiting for us to bust out but it just hasnt happened. We keep putting ourselves in position to score runs and just can't get it done.
    Yeah, normally that evens out over the course of a season but with a bad/struggling team...it just becomes an exponential problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Yeah, normally that evens out over the course of a season but with a bad/struggling team...it just becomes an exponential problem.
    Exactly, it's not intentional but it starts creeping in, "like how are we gonna blow it this time?". Baseball is just so mental and you just can't let stuff carry over if you're gonna be successful. For instance Alford has the yips at third, you can see it everytime a ball is hit to him and if he fields it clean then he aims the throw and that never turns out good.

vCash
    Lemon getting thrown out was all about telling the fans he still cares. For whatever that's worth.

vCash
    Exactly, it's not intentional but it starts creeping in, "like how are we gonna blow it this time?". Baseball is just so mental and you just can't let stuff carry over if you're gonna be successful. For instance Alford has the yips at third, you can see it everytime a ball is hit to him and if he fields it clean then he aims the throw and that never turns out good.
    Absolutely! He keeps it up and he will end up like Knoblock and it's all mental.

vCash
    The only way to win with fans is to win. If you're to intense and lose then your just mean, if you're to quiet and lose then your to soft, lol. Just win baby!
    Yep!

vCash
    I can't figure it out with Slate. That guy was a star in the NECBL this past summer. He hit something like .346 with 9 home runs in a very competitive league. The ability to be better is there, and that's why he keeps getting opportunities.

vCash
    I can't figure it out with Slate. That guy was a star in the NECBL this past summer. He hit something like .346 with 9 home runs in a very competitive league. The ability to be better is there, and that's why he keeps getting opportunities.
    He made a couple of errors early in the year and it's all in his head.