Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis getting thrown out?

vCash

Lemonis getting thrown out?

Anybody else feel like it's just acting? It doesn't seem authentic at all. Even the Memphis game last year he got thrown out it seemed completely unauthentic. It's like he has no real fire.

vCash
    I think he is a nice guy and probably can't dial up the indignation of John Cohen. Being able to dial-up murderous rage is a true gift, not everybody can do it. Manieri below, he probably thought he looked tough doing this little hop.

What George Brett does here is epic, but also fake. In the Chipper Jones book, "Ball Player" he details how most MLB fights are basically theater. Explains how Chip had a buddy in every lineup and they would pretend to scrape during brawls.

vCash
    George Brett isn't that good of an actor. That's real emotion.

As for Lemonis, when you have lost 18 straight, you can't do anything right in the minds of fans.

vCash
    He was right to do it. Problem was who he left in charge. And when the SC player was supposedly doing something to our dugout when rounding the bases the entire team should've taken the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

As for Lemonis, when you have lost 18 straight, you can't do anything right in the minds of fans.
    Damn right he can't. Win or go home

vCash
    He's acting like Mullen did his last few games at UF. He was acting out trying to show how emotionally invested he was in the job. I see the same here.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash

Yep.

vCash

Well said

vCash
    Geez. He was pissed bc we got hosed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Geez. He was pissed bc we got hosed.
    I was too!

vCash
    Think he was truly angry and rightly so. Just think his nature is such he's not entirely comfortable expressing it with histrionics.

vCash
    The missed strike was crap, but the ump missed strike 3 on Hancock in the 6th too. Hancock got a double, but unfortunately for us, we weren't competent enough to score that leadoff double

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The missed strike was crap, but the ump missed strike 3 on Hancock in the 6th too. Hancock got a double, but unfortunately for us, we weren't competent enough to score that leadoff double
    We left a small village on last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Think he was truly angry and rightly so. Just think his nature is such he's not entirely comfortable expressing it with histrionics.
    This, and his emotion has nothing to do with winning or losing. He's just a guy who doesn't show his anger, emotion, or frustration.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    This, and his emotion has nothing to do with winning or losing. He's just a guy who doesn't show his anger, emotion, or frustration.
    This and I don't get why people think this is wrong. Coaches can be successful with any personality type as long as they make it work for them. There have been plenty of successful reserved, cerebral type coaches just like there have been a bunch of succesful fiery, intense type coaches. Coaches are not cookie cutters and it's not one size fits all.

I know most on here won't believe this but Lemonis does hate losing.

vCash
    And when the SC player was supposedly doing something to our dugout when rounding the bases the entire team should've taken the field.
    Hancock should lose the C on his chest for letting that guy come down the line and parade around the plate like he did without so much as a dirty look. Hancock just moved out of his way with his tail tucked?. Your catcher, your captain, your team leader, HAS to do something there.

vCash
    Speaking of theater, this should come as no surprise. Had an SEC ump tell me one time that sometimes coaches ask to be thrown out. He said Skip Bertman came out to argue a call he was clearly wrong on and while Skip was ranting and raving with his hands, he was yelling at him to throw him out NEXT inning. The ump said "I'll throw you out now!" and Skip yelled "No! Next inning!" then turned and stormed off. Sure enough, he came out the next inning and got tossed. The ump said the crowd went nuts after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg View Post
    Hancock should lose the C on his chest for letting that guy come down the line and parade around the plate like he did without so much as a dirty look. Hancock just moved out of his way with his tail tucked?. Your catcher, your captain, your team leader, HAS to do something there.
    I would have had Holcombe drill his ass with a 95 mph plus heater his next at bat, but that's also why I don't coach baseball.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This and I don't get why people think this is wrong. Coaches can be successful with any personality type as long as they make it work for them. There have been plenty of successful reserved, cerebral type coaches just like there have been a bunch of succesful fiery, intense type coaches. Coaches are not cookie cutters and it's not one size fits all.

I know most on here won't believe this but Lemonis does hate losing.
    Good example is Joe Torre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Good example is Joe Torre.
    He's the first one I thought of. I was talking with another poster about this the other day and we talked about Joe Torre. Highly successful but I'm not sure if he ever said a word, lol.