Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/31/23 Severe Weather Thread

vCash

3/31/23 Severe Weather Thread

Another potentially dangerous night of severe weather looks to unfold across north MS and adjoining areas. SPC specifically mentioning strong to violent tornadoes possible. As of right now the main threat area for MS looks to be along and north of the 82 corridor. Timing looks to be nocturnal again. I'm looking at two things that may...I stress may...reduce the effects of this system. The first is the cloud cover that might keep temps down and reducing instability. The other is the fact that while these storms are expected to start out discrete, they should grow upscale into more of a line. That will at least reduce the violent tornado odds. But like last week, if any discrete storm forms and gets out by itself then we could see a repeat performance. Will that happen? I don't know. But keep weather aware and we will see where the night takes us. I'll be leaving straight after work headed out chasing and hoping I don't see this Friday what I saw last Friday. Chase will be live streamed on our patreon site for premiere access members.

www.patreon.com/NMSCAS

vCash
    Thanks for all you do! Stay safe out there!

vCash
    Right in the middle of the eye in Southaven. County north of Memphis, Tipton, is dismissing schools at 1:30 to get people home before this hits

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Thanks for all you do! Stay safe out there!
    Agreed!!! I'm glad I joined the Patreon site. There is great detail there and I can watch any livestream they do. Definitely helps me keep an eye out for both my family locations!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Another potentially dangerous night of severe weather looks to unfold across north MS and adjoining areas. SPC specifically mentioning strong to violent tornadoes possible. As of right now the main threat area for MS looks to be along and north of the 82 corridor. Timing looks to be nocturnal again. I'm looking at two things that may...I stress may...reduce the effects of this system. The first is the cloud cover that might keep temps down and reducing instability. The other is the fact that while these storms are expected to start out discrete, they should grow upscale into more of a line. That will at least reduce the violent tornado odds. But like last week, if any discrete storm forms and gets out by itself then we could see a repeat performance. Will that happen? I don't know. But keep weather aware and we will see where the night takes us. I'll be leaving straight after work headed out chasing and hoping I don't see this Friday what I saw last Friday. Chase will be live streamed on our patreon site for premiere access members.

www.patreon.com/NMSCAS

It's kinda cool up here today. Raining and very cloudy. Maybe that'll help?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Agreed!!! I'm glad I joined the Patreon site. There is great detail there and I can watch any livestream they do. Definitely helps me keep an eye out for both my family locations!!!
    I agree they do great work. I check their stuff daily.

vCash
    Yes it could. Chasers call that morning stuff like you're seeing crapvection. All it does is stabilize the atmosphere and crap on severe storm chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Yes it could. Chasers call that morning stuff like you're seeing crapvection. All it does is stabilize the atmosphere and crap on severe storm chances.
    That's good to know. Thanks.

vCash
    Hey SVD did I just see on y'alls page that they've upgraded that area to a 5/5?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Hey SVD did I just see on y'alls page that they've upgraded that area to a 5/5?
    Yes. And Torcon's of 9. I've never seen that.

vCash
    Yes. And Torcon's of 9. I've never seen that.
    I hadn't see the torcon. I don't think i've ever seen a 9 either! wow. Praying for all y'all!

vCash
    I hate these late night storms that don’t show up til 1-2 in the morning. Benefit is that sometimes that means most everything has played out by then. Hoping that is the case tonite. After last Friday we’re due for a dud.

vCash
    It really seems since about 2010 tornado alley has shifted further East. It used to be Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and western Missouri that got the tornadoes. I feel like I don’t hear about them much in those states. Now it’s Iowa, Illinois, Western Ky, Western TN, eastern Missouri, Mississippi and Alabama

vCash
    Thank you, SVD, for as always keeping us updated and educated.
    Since I am in Desoto County, a Torcon 9 is prompting me to head to Walmart, for a bike helmet,
    Prayers for all to have a safe day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Thank you, SVD, for as always keeping us updated and educated.
    Since I am in Desoto County, a Torcon 9 is prompting me to head to Walmart, for a bike helmet,
    Prayers for all to have a safe day!
    Absolutely get a bike helmet!! My family has been wearing them for years unfortunately. At least once or twice a year while the tornado sirens are sounding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    It really seems since about 2010 tornado alley has shifted further East. It used to be Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and western Missouri that got the tornadoes. I feel like I don’t hear about them much in those states. Now it’s Iowa, Illinois, Western Ky, Western TN, eastern Missouri, Mississippi and Alabama
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/sever...g-east/1162839

vCash
    It was cool earlier here as well - about 58 - had some pretty cold rain, but now it's up to 71 with dew point of 59. Getting some of the southerly wind flow now.

Thought we'd miss the early rain so we went to the golf course, and it started raining before we hit the first ball. Got rain checks and came home.

vCash
    There were a couple of Arkansas tornadoes earlier, maybe an hour ago. One hit the north part of Little Rock (outside of downtown). There was some damage but to me it didn't look to be all that huge.

vCash
    Watching KARK live weather right now, a Kroger got hit with multiple injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    It appears to be that way, at least to an extent, and Mississippi I believe has the most tornadoes/acre of any state and it's been that way for a while. It's just a relatively small state, compared to traditional "tornado alley" states. Lately, Mississippi seems to have had more severe tornadoes than any of the states that get tornadoes.