Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3/31/23 Severe Weather Thread

vCash
    Gone to bed. Y'all stay safe and have a good night.

vCash
    Crap one headed to Tupelo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Definitely will be praying for the Tipton county folks, as well as all others who have been affected today and tonight. Everything I am seeing on TV, in the Covington area, certainly looks like extensive damage. Give us an update when you find out more. Wishing you and your family well.
    Will do. I had to come to work tonight but as soon as I get off, I?m gonna try and pick my way to the farm and check on everything. I?m sure my turkeys have been blown to NC the way it was today?

vCash
    Went south of Tupelo headed for Plantersville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Will do. I had to come to work tonight but as soon as I get off, I?m gonna try and pick my way to the farm and check on everything. I?m sure my turkeys have been blown to NC the way it was today?

FYI: Tonight during news conference, on WREG, they said Hwy 51 was impassible & completely shut down for awhile. But, guessing you already knew that.
    And ?. poor turkeys.
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Went south of Tupelo headed for Plantersville.
    Oh no. I have friends, our former pastor and his wife, who live in SW corner, of Tupelo, not far from Plantersville. I will definitely check on them tomorrow. Thanks for info.

vCash
    Good article about tornadoes from MS up through Iowa.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-Midwest.html

vCash
    I had one near Tunica pass in front of me. Got to go back and review my live stream and see what it got. Went and checked on some damage north of town. Houses with roofs blown off and trees down, but no injuries.

vCash
    FYI: Tonight during news conference, on WREG, they said Hwy 51 was impassible & completely shut down for awhile. But, guessing you already knew that.
    And ?. poor turkeys.
    Yea I made it up there this morning and just laid down in bed as we speak. The damage up there is unreal. I have pics, but don’t really know how to post. I can literally stand on my farm and see Stockdales where as it was a thick wood lot that blocked it before. I mean houses that have been there 50 years gone.

My grandfather passed away in July. I think he was watching over my grandmother cause she had 4 pines trees fall and they should have leveled her house and for some reason it’s like they hit a wall and 2 went to one side and 2 went to the other.

I’m not an emotional man but seeing that and then seeing all the destruction around her made me break down in her driveway. I know for a fact he was looking down.

It’s real up here right now. They are calling anyone and everyone who can help. My wife is a supervisor at the electric company and even they are coming in today to help with feeding people. It literally looks a scene out of twister with cars and stuff upside down. There is an 18 wheeler that was used as storage that is sitting in the middle of some elderly homes. Luckily no one has lost their life so far…

That’s all I have at the moment. I’m emotionally and physically drained and we’re just getting started. I’m going to bed. Hope the dawgs pull one out today, but after this whole thing, it doesn’t mean as much anymore.

vCash
    One person killed and several injured in an early morning tornado just north of Huntsville. We slept right through the whole thing - didn't know about it until this morning. https://www.waff.com

vCash
    Yea I made it up there this morning and just laid down in bed as we speak. The damage up there is unreal. I have pics, but don’t really know how to post. I can literally stand on my farm and see Stockdales where as it was a thick wood lot that blocked it before. I mean houses that have been there 50 years gone.

My grandfather passed away in July. I think he was watching over my grandmother cause she had 4 pines trees fall and they should have leveled her house and for some reason it’s like they hit a wall and 2 went to one side and 2 went to the other.

I’m not an emotional man but seeing that and then seeing all the destruction around her made me break down in her driveway. I know for a fact he was looking down.

It’s real up here right now. They are calling anyone and everyone who can help. My wife is a supervisor at the electric company and even they are coming in today to help with feeding people. It literally looks a scene out of twister with cars and stuff upside down. There is an 18 wheeler that was used as storage that is sitting in the middle of some elderly homes. Luckily no one has lost their life so far…

That’s all I have at the moment. I’m emotionally and physically drained and we’re just getting started. I’m going to bed. Hope the dawgs pull one out today, but after this whole thing, it doesn’t mean as much anymore.
    So sorry man, living here in jones county I've seen my share of this and it sucks! Praying for all y'all!

vCash
    Yea I made it up there this morning and just laid down in bed as we speak. The damage up there is unreal. I have pics, but don?t really know how to post. I can literally stand on my farm and see Stockdales where as it was a thick wood lot that blocked it before. I mean houses that have been there 50 years gone.

My grandfather passed away in July. I think he was watching over my grandmother cause she had 4 pines trees fall and they should have leveled her house and for some reason it?s like they hit a wall and 2 went to one side and 2 went to the other.

I?m not an emotional man but seeing that and then seeing all the destruction around her made me break down in her driveway. I know for a fact he was looking down.

It?s real up here right now. They are calling anyone and everyone who can help. My wife is a supervisor at the electric company and even they are coming in today to help with feeding people. It literally looks a scene out of twister with cars and stuff upside down. There is an 18 wheeler that was used as storage that is sitting in the middle of some elderly homes. Luckily no one has lost their life so far?

That?s all I have at the moment. I?m emotionally and physically drained and we?re just getting started. I?m going to bed. Hope the dawgs pull one out today, but after this whole thing, it doesn?t mean as much anymore.

I cannot imagine the gamut of emotions you and others feel in situations such as this, and I hope I never find out. So sorry about the damage up there, but still very grateful your family were spared injury. Hope your turkeys were okay, too.
    I am not a big fan of hot, humid weather, but this year I am really looking forward to being past this wild spring weather. Enough already!
    Last edited by Dawg_Lover; 04-01-2023 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    One person killed and several injured in an early morning tornado just north of Huntsville. We slept right through the whole thing - didn't know about it until this morning. https://www.waff.com
    Think I remember seeing something going towards Huntsville. It was such a long night, with so much happening in all directions, some of my memory is now muddled. If y?all were going to sleep through it all. glad somebody upstairs stayed awake to watch over your family. 😉

vCash
    Does anyone know if there was damage in or close to Tupelo from a TW storm near the southern part of the town.

vCash
    Does anyone know if there was damage in or close to Tupelo from a TW storm near the southern part of the town.
    There was some, but I'm not sure how bad. The pictures I've seen didn't look too severe, but I haven't been looking for pictures too hard either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    There was some, but I'm not sure how bad. The pictures I've seen didn't look too severe, but I haven't been looking for pictures too hard either.
    Thanks for info, SVD.
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    WTVA ARTICLE, concerning damage & fatality in NE Mississippi.

TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) ? Several tornadoes swept through northeast Mississippi late Friday night into early Saturday morning.

Damage can be found in southern Tupelo; near Baldwyn and Guntown; Pontotoc; Golden and other places.

This included damage to the Cooper Tire facility in Tupelo.

At least one person died in Pontotoc County.

vCash
    Think I remember seeing something going towards Huntsville. It was such a long night, with so much happening in all directions, some of my memory is now muddled. If y?all were going to sleep through it all. glad somebody upstairs stayed awake to watch over your family. ��
    Exactly. When we went to bed, it seemed to be about over. The tornado I mentioned was about 20 miles north of me, as the crow flies, and was rated an EF-3, winds of 160. Fairly brief - stayed on the ground about 12 miles. It occurred just after 3 am (April 1), and much of the track was in southern middle Tennessee.

There were a LARGE number of tornadoes yesterday into early this morning, perhaps even more than last week. And we still another good month, perhaps more, of the spring tornado season.

vCash
    Heck even the Podcasters were signing off just before the Tupelo one formed. The guy I was watching was getting ready to sign off when it seemed to dissipate west of Tup. Then I suggested to him to relook at the MDOT camera at Main street and 45/. Thats when it just started storming and he relooked at his radar and to his surprise it had reformed, or dropped another one, to the south headed for Plantersville and I posted that. About that time the Warned storm to the north was crossing into Bama. Thats when I went to bed. This was the cell which caused the damage near Huntsville.