Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: USCe game 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Ha. Unfortunately seems that way. But we had hope late in this game, something we haven't had. Let's carry it over to Friday and Saturday and get a win or two before we make history the wrong way.
    Amen brother!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Historically bad unfortunately.
    I don't drink but if I was a drinking man I would be drinking everytime we play an sec game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It was both up and in. Just watched the replay. It was a pitch to get Hines to chase not thrown for a strike but got it anyways
    Not surprised, see it over and over in all sports. Bad teams routinely get bad calls from refs and umps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Not surprised, see it over and over in all sports. Bad teams routinely get bad calls from refs and umps.
    Yep when it's going bad it goes bad all
    the way around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    After a 40-20 start, Lemonis now 49-48 in the SEC.
    What changed?

Different players? Or

Lack of motivation from coaches?

I want to believe you can?t compile that early SEC record on talent alone. Has to be an element of coaching/managing.

vCash
    Last pitch to Hines wasn't a breaking ball it was a 93mph fb and it wasn't a strike
    Yep - two seam (sinker)
    Started at front hip (but a little elevated) and ran it off the edge

Catcher did a good job I believe (need to watch again) in catching it deep and not trying to stick it

It was blue?s middle finger to Lemonis to end it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    We competed better tonight. That?s a step forward.
    This is pretty sad that State baseball has come to this. "Well, we lost again, but hey, we competed better". I'm not taking a shot at you somebodyshotmypaw, I understand your thinking, but damn we are the Mississippi State Diamond Dawgs. It shouldn't come to this.

vCash
    I want to hand the coaching staff one of those knives that Japanese soldiers used to stab themselves with and say "you know what to do" and just walk away.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Anyone catch Gotros comments after the game. He did the coaches questions since Lemonis was thrown out and someone on Twitter made the comment that Gotro said if he was Lemonis he would have been a hell of a lot more irate after the missed strikeout and homer… could this monumental collapse be a little in house scuffle with the staff also? We all, and I’m sure Foxhall knows, he is gone at the end of the year. Could it go deeper with that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I want to hand the coaching staff one of those knives that Japanese soldiers used to stab themselves with and say "you know what to do" and just walk away.
    They would miss their mid section high and away…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Yep - two seam (sinker)
    Started at front hip (but a little elevated) and ran it off the edge

Catcher did a good job I believe (need to watch again) in catching it deep and not trying to stick it

It was blue?s middle finger to Lemonis to end it
    Nailed it on all counts. He was trying to get Hines to chase and it got called anyways. Definitely the middle finger to Lemonis.

vCash
    Amen brother!
    This is the first game in a while where I think the players didn't let things completely unravel on them. In previous games, this would have been an 18-3 blowout. My biggest criticisms about this game is that we left Cinjtje in one inning too long, and we left Holcombe in one inning too long. The missed strike call was a difference maker, but there's a good chance you don't give up 2 runs in the 5th if you go ahead and bring Holcombe in then and not let Cinjtje go through the order a third time.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett