Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: USCe game 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Chance on the bench and we let lane hit
    I don’t believe Chance was dressed to play tonight. I could be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I remember Chance pulling up last game with the catch toward the foul line that made me think he may have tweaked a hamstring. But still NOT pinch hitting with Downs or someone else is almost criminal in that spot. I'll be so glad when we push these coaches out.
    You're right I forgot about that. Anyone but lane there. I told me wife when he came up dp coming. Smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    We competed better tonight. That’s a step forward.
    Just hope we don't look back after three games and this was our best chance to win one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I don’t believe Chance was dressed to play tonight. I could be wrong.
    Yeah I forgot he tweaked something Tuesday night

vCash
    By my count we've had a chance to win at least 3 sec games so far but we've left pitchers in too long. Oh well.

vCash
    We have talent but they cannot execute baseball plays. Advancing runners is unknown to,our players. We can?t score runners from 3td. We cannot make accurate throws. We just aren?t very good.

vCash
    Forsythe barreled one up his last AB so I can see why leaving him in there. Hines just had a horrible approach. But I feel like we left more runners in scoring position again this game. We cannot do that and expect to win.

vCash
    Just surreal that we are 0-7. WE ARE 0-7!! Damn.

vCash
    By my count we've had a chance to win at least 3 sec games so far but we've left pitchers in too long. Oh well.
    And we keep complaining about pitching and rightfully so but the offense is not helping the cause by any means. At this point we have only scored more than 5 runs once in 7 SEC games. Going to take a really well pitched game from us to have a chance to win one.

vCash
    Can?t blame Forsythe. He had a leadoff double in his previous at bat and the so called stud 1-3 batters pussied out and left him there. Then with 1st and 3rd and no outs he hits the ball up the middle, but not hard enough to get through the SS and 2B who were positioned to squeeze the middle and actually play for the DP. But one of our 2 most famous SOLO HR hitters couldn?t touch the first 2 pitches and watched a breaking ball thrown perfectly over the inside corner. Because when the game is on the line, our power hitters little wieners run up in their throats and hide!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    And we keep complaining about pitching and rightfully so but the offense is not helping the cause by any means. At this point we have only scored more than 5 runs once in 7 SEC games. Going to take a really well pitched game from us to have a chance to win one.
    Yeah I agree we haven't been clutch at the plate, either but so many games
    have gotten away from us early. It's definitely been a team effort lol

vCash
    Yeah I agree we haven't been clutch at the plate, either but so many games
    have gotten away from us early. It's definitely been a team effort lol
    Yea, getting sick of the whole bunch. Gotro doesn't get a pass either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Can?t blame Forsythe. He had a leadoff double in his previous at bat and the so called stud 1-3 batters pussied out and left him there. Then with 1st and 3rd and no outs he hits the ball up the middle, but not hard enough to get through the SS and 2B who were positioned to squeeze the middle and actually play for the DP. But one of our 2 most famous SOLO HR hitters couldn?t touch the first 2 pitches and watched a breaking ball thrown perfectly over the inside corner. Because when the game is on the line, our power hitters little wieners run up in their throats and hide!
    Last pitch to Hines wasn't a breaking ball it was a 93mph fb and it wasn't a strike

vCash
    At some point talent should negate shitty coaching in our losing streak of 18. I can see that we have pieces especially in our freshman, but I don?t see any talent in the upper class and no leaders. Talent doesn?t lose so many games in a row

vCash
    Last pitch to Hines wasn't a breaking ball it was a 93mph fb and it wasn't a strike
    Did not see a replay but it seemed either up or in or both. Interesting that Hunter did not even think about offering so not a very close pitch.

vCash
    Last time we started 0-7. 1939. Ouch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Did not see a replay but it seemed either up or in or both. Interesting that Hunter did not even think about offering so not a very close pitch.
    It was both up and in. Just watched the replay. It was a pitch to get Hines to chase not thrown for a strike but got it anyways

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Last time we started 0-7. 1939. Ouch.
    So you're saying we're doing something historical?

vCash
    Ha. Unfortunately seems that way. But we had hope late in this game, something we haven't had. Let's carry it over to Friday and Saturday and get a win or two before we make history the wrong way.

vCash
    Historically bad unfortunately.