Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
I hate to say but it's iffy we break the streak this weekend. I'd also wager all my vCash we want sweep anyone and I'd say the odds are against winning a series. I sure hope I'm wrong.
I think MSU wins a game this weekend, maybe two.

The gamecocks have a better record than they are really playing. They have 3 one-run-game wins in the SEC. Sure, they deserved to win. But Vandy is a machine compared to South Carolina.

Not saying MSU will dominate and win. Just think MSU can win a game and SC will not scare the Bulldogs this week.

Hunt looks better, Nixon is back, Cijnije has two SEC starts, Holcombe won't get a Mound visit, Gartman is now a one-cycle-picter, Yntema experiment is over, Dohm back to the pen, the freshmen have collegiate experience to work with.

If Lemons and Foxy don't throw Yntema, Stinnett, Hardin, or Davis, that's 10 to 16 runs that South Carolina won't score.

Also, you have Hujsak starting now, Mershon gives MSU an extra quality AB when he PH for Foysthe, Hines is swatting, Clark is hitting, and Highfill is due 8 cheap hits for the bad luck last week. Maybe Dakota Jordan is settled and learned something from Goat. Bryce Chance is getting better and better too.